“Great holiday base for our young family”
Review of Oru Hotel

Oru Hotel
Ranked #14 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed 7nightsat the oru hotel after booking through a travel company, and being a little hesitant as reviews were mixed. We found the hotel clean, great shower, comfy beds, great breakfast, nice walk to the park and sea and a quick bus trip into the old town. We had to change rooms at first as the window was broken but staff were nothing but helpful and accommodating, especially with our two year old daughter. They even allowed us to store our luggage on our last day and ordered a taxi to the airport for us. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting budget accomodation that is nice and quiet. Only downside is walls are quite thin so if hotel is busy you hear what is going on next door...it was quiet our whole visit except the weekend so this was not really an issue :) it does have to be said though our daughter slept on the floor(un carpeted ) in a sleeping bag we brought with us on two of the hotel quilts and we did pay for her to stay, but did not get a bed...since she was only two and seemed comfortable enough we did not push the issue. Great hotel, great value for money, especially with the breakfast! And friendly and helpful staff. Overall would say 4.5 would be correct rating.

Tallinn itself is also well worth a visit, great for families as there is so much for kids!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Kristel M, Director of Sales at Oru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank You very much for staying at the Oru Hotel in Tallinn. We appreciate you taking the time to share Your experiences with TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me directly on kristel@oruhotel.ee should you ever wish to return.

Kind regards,
Kristel Mäenurm

Reviewed 16 September 2012

hotel is located about 20 min walk from the old town and about 25 min walk from the Pirita beach. from the hotel to the pirita is foot path alongside sea.
very good bus connection. Room is big and clean, breakfast is very good. there is big parking space in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I spent overnight at this hotel. The room was clean and good. Location was great. Food was good. I had to change rooms, but I was able to leave my luggage to a luggage room. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was booked into this hotel as I was attending a workshop being held at this hotel. The location is outside of the city centre, which is a bus ride away. There is a nice park area across the busy main road but apart from that there is nothing surrounding the hotel except low level blocks of apartments. The hotel itself is very basic and the rooms remind me of a slightly better level of Halls of Residence accommodation I had as a student. The bed I slept in had a whiff of the necessity to wash the quilt and pillows although the quilt cover and pillowcases covering them were clean. Shower gel is nailed to the wall in the shower and the shower head is crusted with limescale. The other side of my bed head was the neighbours toilet as the rooms are L-shaped and so every 2 rooms fit together and share wall space. Never had breakfast as I was still feeling nauseous from the dinner the night before. Only stayed 2 nights and that was enough. Tallinn itself is beautiful city and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor and I thought it was pretty bad. However, my colleague was on the seco...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here for 5 days in October 2011. A little apprehensive as it was so cheap though the reviews on here were fine.

Have to say the hotel was excellent value for money ( around £15 per night for a family room incl breakfast). Room was spacious and very clean with a flat screen tv with limited English channels. Breakfast is a little limited but at this price you cannot complain. The hotel is across the road from Kadriorg Park and the venue for the annual song festival. A short walk across the park is the sea.

This hotel isn't central. It's around a 40 minute walk into the old town but it's on the main road into the centre and buses are frequent. We bought tickets that cost 7 euros each for 5 days unlimited travel that also includes trams and trolley buses.

Don't pay for the minibus shuttle service from the airport. It costs 5 euros 1 way per person which seemed ok but the airport is very close to Tallinn and a taxi ride back there only cost 8 euro's.

Tallinn old town is a beautiful medieval centre, very compact with great views and photo opportunities. There are plenty of places to eat to suit every budget. My personal favourite was Hell Hunt pub which brewed it's own fantastic beer and is well worth a visit. Also try the free Tallinn tour which is great, the KGB tour at the Sokos hotel and the open air museum which takes you away from the centre.

Overall Tallinn is a fantastic destination for a city break and well worth trying. I will return to Tallinn and this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank HP134
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I gave this hotel a rating of 4, though I think 3.5 would've been more appropriate.

I and my wife got a room for a excellent deal of 28€, and I heartily recommend going here if you need a cheap room with breakfast and you don't care that much about the location (ie. you have a car). If you'd have to pay more I'd go with Go Hotel Schnelli, since the location is much better and the sound isolation is better. My wife couldn't sleep all that well, while our neighbors kept talking and laughing until 3am. Laughter and normal loudish conversations shouldn't be heard through the walls. Also, the staff did not do anything to quiet down the conversation even though we asked them to twice.

+ price almost unbeatable anywhere in Europe
+ breakfast had good options and good coffee :)
+ pleasing decor

- very thin walls
- location is a bit too far from the city center if you don't have a car

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in November and I liked it very much.It is located very close to lovely Kadriorg Park and its fine art museums-Kadriorg Palace Art Museum,Kumu,Mikkel Collection.My room was quite nice,the buffet breakfast included in the price was superb,and the friendly staff communicated well in English.Although it is about a mile and a half from the Old City,there are very frequent buses going there .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank margatemensch2016
Kristel M, Director of Sales at Oru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Hope to see You soon in Oru Hotel

Best regards,