“Exemplary historical boutique hotel in superb old town location”
Review of The Three Sisters

The Three Sisters
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were upgraded to a suite for our visit, so, as you might expect, our impression of the Three Sisters Hotel was extremely positive from the very moment we arrived. Nothing happened to change this over the course of our three night stay. This exquisite hotel is well-staffed by a highly professional team – none of whom seems to be older than 25! The friendly, if formal, approach, ensures that your every wish is taken care of, and you are made to feel a valued and important guest. What can I say about our rooms? Beautiful combination of old and new - all the mod cons in plenty of space. The bathroom was large too with separate shower, although the WC in the main bathroom (there was another one off the living room!) was very close to the sloping old ceiling so encouraged even speedy gentlemen visitors to sit down - to avoid a bang on the head! Also there were lovely Babor products in the bathroom and incredibly soft towels. There were such nice service touches as fresh bottles of water brought in before bed time, the tricky blinds shut for you when you were out for dinner, a personalised weather report for the next 24 hours printed out and left on your bed - not unique to this hotel, but certainly the sort of things that make the difference between a standard night in a hotel and a wonderful experience. The breakfast room is stunning - with centuries-old frescoes (discovered under layers and layers of paint when the old house was renovated) on the heavily slanted ceiling. There are also old frescoes visible on the stonework of one of the staircases. Breakfast itself is lovely quality as you'd expect - an extensive cold buffet with plenty of meats, fruits, cheeses, yoghurts, cereals, cakes, pastries etc. Only slight gripe (maybe!) is that nothing changed in what was provided during our 3 night stay, although there was so much to choose from, you would have to eat an enormous breakfast each day to get bored. We didn't take dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on its very beautiful restaurant, but there are so many wonderful restaurants in Tallinn within walking distance that you really are spoilt for choice. The location of the hotel is perfect - in a quiet part of the old town so the hotel remains peaceful at all times, yet is also accessible when wanting to have a wander round this beautiful and compact city. Yes, this hotel is on the costly side, but you certainly feel like you've treated yourself when you have stayed here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in mid Feb 2012 for one night. The staff was very friendly and learned my surname instantly, even if's very difficult for many people. The room was very nice and unique with special focus put on the details. The style of the hotel is very old with lot's of old features, but nice modern things in the right place. I would definitely recommend this small hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MickeS_fi
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I've spent one night in this hotel in the Junior Sweet (hotel has 3, we staid in the one under the roof) on the Christmas Eve. First I would like to share positive experience I got from this 5 star hotel.

Building, actually 3 very old buildings in the heart of the Old Town, which make this hotel are fantastic! You can feel 300+ years of history in every step you take up to the top of the hotel where you find one of Junior Sweets. Hotel is small and it feels more like you are staying at your relatives place (who is very rich and you don't know him well,hehe).

Our room was under the roof with fantastic view of the Old Town from both sides of the building. Hotel is very calm, no noise (maybe some ghosts), no loud music. Visitors are 30+ staying at this hotel to get away from the fast everyday life. Just wonderful!

Now, some negative aspects that make this hotel too expensive to stay as price and quality do not really mach. Before I want to say that I got this room for a very good price. I think I would be much more disappointed paying full-price which can be up to 500 EUR per night for such sweet, usual price ~350-400 EUR.

Our room was small, all the facilities were only for 1 person (have they forgotten that there will be 2 people staying?). This room has bathtub in the room, very romantic in the evening but very hard to take a shower in the morning as there is first - no privacy and second - you have to hold shower in your hand and at the same time try not to flood the room. No tea or coffee facilities. Next morning I think we were charged for ordering tea in the room. Still we left good tips the day before...

Breakfast was OK, but I must say that Radisson Blu in Tallinn has a better one with rooms 2 times cheaper :)

Overall I would recommend this hotel for a couple but before arriving I would write them informing how many people are staying and some other additional info to avoid any issues. It is your choice but my personal opinion - paying 300+ for a night in such hotel is too much.

Good luck!

Room Tip: If you go for Junior Sweet avoid taking the one under the roof - it is too small. Other 2 seems to b...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DimitriPros
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in January, 2012. One of the best hotels i've ever stayed. The staff is friendly and very helpful, the food in Bordoo restaurant is great, the rooms are very nicely designed. My kid liked the room immensely (we lived in 2-storey attic room). Will definitely stay there if come to Tallinn again!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We were supposed to stay at the Three Sisters Hotel for one night December 3rd - 4th, but when we arrived they told us that the hotel is overbooked and that they had reserved us a room in another hotel. I don't understand how this is possible since we booked the room in early October, but I will definitely not try to book a room at this hotel again because this is the only hotel where something like this has happened to us. The other hotel we stayed at (Savoy Boutique) was very nice, but they had booked us a very small room which was obviously a single room. Luckily we only stayed there for one night.
We had really been looking forward to our stay at the Three Sisters and were really disappointed with their attitude towards us, the paying customers.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DelseyHelsinki
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This is one of my absolute favourite hotels. Created from three medieval houses renovated and turned into one unique hotel.

Every room is different - I have stayed here several times, and on occasion introduced colleagues who have been so delighted they have showed me their rooms. They have created wonderful, original spaces that combine the individual features of the walls and ceilings and windows with sympathetic modern appointments to create striking yet comfortable environments.

It reminded me a little of the Pulitzer Hotel in Amsterdam, not only because of its multi-house structure and luxurious style, but also its location - it is in the Tallinn old town, so an easy walk through the historic city, with its own sense of history within the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Spent three nights here summer 2010. One of those nights were quite hot. As I had one of the attic rooms it must have been 35 degrees hot in there when in woke up in the early morning at 2-3am.
Charging 350€ per night and not having air condition in the rooms is to me completely unacceptable. At least they could have arranged some portable units to the attic rooms as this was quite expected and a horrible experience.
When informing the hotel manager about the problem the next morning I received a quite arrogant and stuck up attitude rather than solutions oriented and interest to resolve the situation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business