“Medieval Tallinn & Three Sisters”
Review of The Three Sisters

The Three Sisters
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We spend two days in Tallinn, at Three Sisters Hotel and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel is great and it is obvious that the owner wants to provide customers with top-scale service at all levels. However, the total outcome is not what I would call "an excellent one". When we arrived the receptionists who welcomed us were just kids (!)... very young indeed who did not speak English very good. English is a general problem in Estonia and specifically at the Three Sisters Hotel as it is hard to communicate with the staff for details.
April was a low season for Tallinn. Maybe they have well-trained staff who speaks English later on when more tourists arrive?!

We stayed in room 31 and it was wonderful. It was very clean and the bed was the biggest one I've ever slept on!

The Hotel Restaurant was excellent, too. There is an extensive wine list and one can also order by glass.

Breakfast was perfect! There is a buffet but you can also order from a catalogue in case you want something extra. Try the pancakes and the omellette!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.
In general I think Estonia is making a huge effort to attract tourists and so does Three Sisters Hotel. The former has a long way to go still. The latter must take care of some details but has almost arrived at its goal.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank marimekko
There are newer reviews for The Three Sisters

Reviewed 28 April 2008

The three sisters hotel is a gem in Tallinn. Great service, cool rooms and a wonderful vibe. It is in the old town and well within walking distance, but to be fair some of the other hotels are even closer. On a sunny day this does not matter, but in the rain, you might be tempted to use the taxi more.

We loved the interior, and the Mies inspired black leather furniture with the old brickwork just did it for us from a design point of view.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peba
Reviewed 2 February 2008

The Queen stayed there in autumn 2006 - need I say more?
Considered the poshest & best small luxury hotel in town by the locals, quiet area in the old town but just a minute away from all the action.
Definitely try the excellent truffles (they make them themselves)!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Estonian_girl
Reviewed 30 December 2007

The Three Sisters Hotel is situated on the edge of the beautiful Old Town. When visiting Tallinn, it is a must to stay within the Old Town where everything is walkable. I selected the Three Sisters based on previous reviews and the hotels own description. Whilst I would wholeheartedly agree with all the positive comments made by others, there is a downside - expectation! I had very high expectations! My room (#14) was extremely beautiful and sported some exposed beams and quality fittings, especially the bathroom, however the size was a disappointment and the bedroom furniture and decor itself was nothing special. I had visions of a romantic four poster bed, not the contempory (albeit very comfortable) bed in my room. I also had visions of intimate relaxation areas around the hotel and was surprised at the rather sterile feel to the library. The entrance/reception did have a small seated area and an open fire which would cater for a maximum of 6 people. Whilst the Three Sisters and the staff certainly didn't disappoint, I had been so seduced with reviews and descriptions that the Three Sisters didn't quite meet my measure.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelluvbug
Reviewed 6 December 2007

There really are not enough superlatives to throw at this hotel. Stylish throughout, wonderful rooms, and absolutely delightful staff who will go out of their way to help you in any way. Perfect.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank DionLondon
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Three Sisters was an amazing, unique surprise filled with architectural beauty and character. Imagine the old and new combined in a clean, quiet property. My room was #31 (if memory serves me) which involved a series of stairs, elevators (only goes to second floor), and a spiral staircase to the king-sized bed. This would be tough on older travelers or after a few drinks!

However the room was equipped with two bathrooms and two televisions, a cool stone balcony (with a glass top to let in light upstairs), full length mirror, fridge, plenty of storage. I wished I had more time to enjoy it. The bathtub was huge and the shower was excellent, even by picky American standards. The staff was friendly and enthusiastic, and it was a great start to enjoy fresh-squeezed orange juice when we arrived. The most wonderful surprise of all is breakfast, which is served until late morning and could be delivered to your room. It was included with the price of our room and included pancakes, omelettes, or even scrambled eggs.

We enjoyed a fun night in the wine bar, which has a ton of character too. Larger groups or families will appreciate the library, which includes a table for planning excurions or to escape. The location is ideal, within walking distance (or short taxi) to the water and ferries, and on the edge of Old Town but on a quiet street. We had a memorable Sunday dinner at Grandma's Restaurant! Tallinn is the best kept secret in Europe - or not considering almost 5 million visitors enjoy it every year. Don't miss it yourself and include Three Sisters in your adventure!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank craigjessm
Reviewed 4 September 2007

I have been several times in 3 sisters and both place and service were excellent.
I am frequent traveller and I prefer places with personality and relax atmosphere. More I travel more I find myself "difficult" and exigent with service and small details. Here I find both and has nothing to do with "average service" you can get in Radisson or other business hotels in Tallinn.
Very nice restaurant and good mix of old-modern in the rooms. Nice location and friendly service.
I am going again on September.

Stayed: June 2007