“Christmas market break.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Imperial

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Imperial
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Christmas market break.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a long weekend break in Tallinn, staying at the Baltic Imperial. The hotel is well located for a visit to the city, being right by the old part and close to the main attractions. We stayed with a group of friends and all of us enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the town.
The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were all friendly and very helpful. We had bed and breakfast, the breakfast was good with plenty of choice from a buffet style, enough to set you up for a day in town. All the rooms for our group (all double rooms) were a good size, clean and comfortable. Overall the hotel was very good value for money. I would return again and have already recommended it to a friend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located for exploring the old city of Tallinn. Within a couple of minutes walking your are in the main square of the old town, and from there all areas of the old city are easily accessed. The railway station is also within walking distance and the harbour for the Baltic Sea ferries is a short taxi ride away.

The room was small, but comfortable and very clean.

The staff are extremely friendly and were very welcoming and helpful for the entire length of our stay.

The menu choice in the restaurant is not overly inspiring, and a lot of the food is fried, but it is well cooked and beautifully presented.

Breakfast is reasonable, with a good choice of cold foods, but the choice of hot food is somewhat lacking.

The decor of the hotel is lovely and sympathetic to its surroundings and to the atmosphere of the old city.

The price of the room was very reasonable and we got excellent value for money.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul M
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel is beautiful and truly recommended. You can stay there for several days if you want because it is very close to the main attractions in Tallinn. Breakfast was avarage, not to many varieties but enough but I didn't have to much time to get attention on details because it was a business trip and I couldn't truly "enjoy" the breakfast. Bathrobe and towels were really nice. It was quiet and I could sleep really well. Minibar was awesome. there was a very nice desk for those who are -like me- inopportunate to work during their trip. There are very good restaurants on the same street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sant'Eusanio del Sangro, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice and great Hotel all was ok,i had problem with wi-fi but they well resolved,single room was not to big,but confortly,and clean...next time in Tallinn think going again in this hotel,really near to the old town,to the baltijaam,and to all attraction in Tallinn

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Catalonia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This beautiful and centrical small hotel has two main problems: one is the "beer garden" situated just in front, offering live rock concerts every day from 19h to 23h. The second is the the low temperature inside the room during the night (when outside is already yet 9ºC). The rooms are small, and the breakfast sufficient but not what you expect after paying 85 euros every night.
The boys at the reception where nice to offer me a radiator but the damage was already done: i've got a cold.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the shade and in front of the beer garden
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jordi_of_Barcelona
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just returned from my third business trip to Tallinn in the past year, and I have stayed at Baltic Hotel Imperial each time (once in May, once in January and once in August). I have found all of the staff to be at the very least gracious, and some of the staff are super friendly. My first time in town, I spent several hours late a night chatting with the night clerk about his life. Jevgenia (the first staff person I encountered on my first trip to Tallinn) was so friendly that I missed her this summer as her vacation coincided with my stay. I have always been able to count on the staff for making dinner reservations, wake-up calls and general information about how to get around town. I find them less knowledgeable about suggestions for tourist activities, on the other hand, I had little time for tourism as these trips are business trips. The hotel is built into the wall of the city and it has tons of character. Each room is different -- some are on the small size, but the front desk has always been accommodating about changing to a different room, if I have a problem with what is first offered. Internet access was sometimes an issue on my first visit, but I have had no problems on subsequent visits, other than occasionally needing to sign off and on again. Moreover, the first year when I did not have my own laptop, the staff arranged for a hotel lap-top to be available for my exclusive use from 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. (precisely the hours that I needed). I was impressed with their going the extra mile. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. There are so many options, from cheeses to meats to salads to breads to sweets to smoked salmon and many other types of fish. You can easily fill up at breakfast and skip lunch. Although breakfast is supposed to end by 10:00, I arrived late one weekend morning when I slept in. The staff was quietly eating their own breakfast at that point, but let me fill up a huge plate as they hadn't yet cleared the tables. When I had to leave at 5:00 a.m. for an early plane, the front desk offered to prepare a breakfast doggie bag for me, and when I turned that down, they insisted on making coffee for me. The location of the hotel is ideal -- just at the edge of the old town, so that I can get everywhere I need to be, without the tourist hubbub. The location is generally extremely peaceful. This summer, however, the school across the street from the hotel got permission to allow a band to play each evening for two weeks in August from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. This was not a problem for me (even though I was on the side of the street by the school) because I don't go to bed early. If this would be an issue with you, I would make sure that if you go during the first two weeks in August that you book a room that opens on to the courtyard. I can't speak to the quality of the air conditioning because the weather was quite cool in both May and August and we did not need air conditioning at all. Heating was ample in both January and May (and I needed it in May). I have not stayed elsewhere in Tallinn so I can't compare how the Baltic Imperial ranks against other accommodations, but for me, Baltic Imperial will always be my Tallinn home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter than on the street sides, especially in August. Rooms vary by si...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kalindanya
Wrentham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel is superbly positioned for reaching the top town and is central to the lower town.Our room was tiny but adequate. The windows were cheap and opening them was very dangerous as you had to kneel on the bed! The staff were fine, friendly smiley and open.

Room Tip: There are only 32 bedrooms and the bigger ones had baths in the room itself!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends