“Fine”

Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I paid peanuts for a 2 night stay at the Economy Hotell so I was expecting a basic hotel just outside of the Old Town. The Economy Hotell is basic hotel just outside the Old Town!!

Getting there is embarrassingly easy. Just get the airport bus which takes about 20 odd minutes to stop 6 (The railway and bus station) and then walk around the Railway station on its right hand side, across the tram tracks and the hotel will be just to the front of you on the right hand side. The bus is 2 euros.

Checking in was quick and easy, my room was pre-paid.

The room itself was small but ample, a double bed, woodern floors with a rug, all very cosy....The bed was comfy too.
The bathroom was very small but it covered the basics well and I was suprised to see they provided showergel.

The hotel did serve breakfast but I didnt pay the extra for it. There was also free internet in reception.

Back across the tracks and under the subway just 5 minutes away was the old town and just 5 minutes further the main square so the hotel was in a nice location, not too close but likewise not too far from the action.
snack shops and coffee counters were just at the station just across the tracks.

I would recommend this hotel for its price and its ability to offer an acceptable product for that price.

Room Tip: I think get a room at the back because of screetchy trams at the front.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank forthevillage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had two nights in the Economy Hotel,Tallinn from 7th of June. Great location with tram stop outside the door or five minute walk to old town.
Our room was nice great en-suite and a lovely view of the palace,staff all friendly and willing to help. Not sure why it is called economy we felt it was far better than the name seems to suggest and hope to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonaldJames
Oslo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

We arrived at the hotel (after requesting and reserving TWO rooms, pre-paid). Upon arrival, we were told that we would have to share a room as the hotel had overbooked and there was no other space. When we told the hotel staff this wasn't appropriate (teacher traveling with students), they said they would accomodate one of us at a "guesthouse". Which was good, as someone from Scotland showed up at the same time and he ALSO would be accomodated there.

Off we went...15 minutes later, and several attempts at Russian, we found the guest house. The guest house was circa 1950 communist ghetto, smelled of cat pee and was frankly creepy. At best, it must have been half the price but we had no choice. The hotel made no apology, compensation or what not.

Pre-paid reservations are really pointless.

The shower/water is a complete mystery (water sometimes, then disappears, then trickle, then disappears). The walls are like paper, which allowed ease of access to hear snorers in the next roo. The hotel does have a great view of the presidential palace, if you don't mind the infrastructure underneath. The staff tries, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank aquaskaya
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I stayed in Economy Hotell the last week of March. It was my first time in Tallinn and I hadn't expected it to be so cold. The hotel was absolutely fantastic. Any poor reviews you read should be ignored. Do people still really expect The Ritz when they pay such low prices? There's a clue in the name of this hotel so get real! My room was large as I had twin for sole use. Own bathroom and desk, tv etc. 24 hour reception so you could come and go as you please. Breakfast was fine and the coffee very good. The best thing about the hotel is the staff and the service. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. I had a late flight on the day I left and it was so cold and I didn't really bring the right clothes. I asked the lady at reception if I could keep the room a little longer. It was no problem and I would like to thank the staff for their kindness. I work in the customer service industry and it is now so hard to get good polite staff. The manager of the hotel should be proud of all his staff. I would certainly stay again and would recommend this hotel. Such amazing value and service. Thank you. Nicholas.

• Stayed March 2011
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

4 Thank nsaul123
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

We arrived in Tallinn for two days with a group of friends. Also I have lived in this hotel with my wife in november. Good location near the old town and very good transport links. Staff friendly and helpful. Free Internet access via Wi-Fi, and additionally the computer near reception were very helpful. Size of rooms is different, there are small, but there are quite spacious. It is not a hotel with all kinds of facilities, but very good value for money. I think this is a good choice for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank touristalex
bergamo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I absolutely do not recommend this hotel for those of you who will be in Tallinn.
The only positive thing about it is the position, less than 10 minutes walking from the town hall.
For the rest we really had a bad time there. I spent 3 nights to celebrate the new year with my boyfriend, brother and some friends. The worst thing that could happen is that SOMEBODY BROKE INTO MY BROTHER'S ROOM THE NIGHT OF DECEMBER 31st DECEMBER AND STOLE his camera and blackberry phone. My brother is sure he has locked the room but maybe he hasn't as the lock didn't work properly, so it might have been left open... nevertheless the hotel manager didn't help or do anything about it ! he almost didn't believe what we said. The rooms didn't have any strong box by the way.
Other problems were: the beds were almost never made up (except for 1 day), cold water at night (so you will never have a shower after 8.00 pm), we found sheets with stains and hairs on, and almost nothing to eat for breakfat. Make yourself a favour and DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank BergamoAnnalisa
EconomyHotelTallinn, Owner at Economy Hotell, responded to this review, 27 January 2011
Dear customer! The reader of TripAdvisor!
We are happy to see that you are using the TripAdvisor to write reviews. But please also remember that any serious accusations or reclamations are handled by hotel management. All reclamations shall be entered into in writing or in a format which can be reproduced in writing.
The accusations mentioned above are wrong. These accusations are based on their own irrational thinking and acting (beeing on mood of celebration). The Economy Hotel Management has not been recieved any reclamations in the case of mentioned above. Therefore we encouraged to think twice before you are writing any negative comments you might have.

Economy Hotel Management
Frankfurt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

I have stayed at the Skane quite a few times over the years, and I always feel comfortable there. It is not a hotel with all kinds of facilities, but if you want a nice place to stay and you will spend your day-time outside anyway, it is very nice. Admittedly, its location is not the very best, but it is within walking distance from the old town and even coming back at or after midnight, I never felt uncomfortable or threatened on my way. Staff is always very friendly and helpful, the rooms are a bit small but fully sufficient, clean and well-maintained. Free complementary internet access in the lobby is a nice service to guests.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple