“Awkward parking, shabby tiny rooms”
Review of Economy Hotell

Economy Hotell
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Great location. Shabby , tiny rooms. Floorboards are falling apart and if you walk barefoot you can get your skin caught between moving wood boards. Bathroom uncomfortably small. Parking is awkward as you have to run in and get the key from reception to open the gate to park, and there isn't always somewhere safe to stop the car, even for a minute.

Linens crisp and clean. Staff nice.

Buying drinks at front desk is highway robbery , which pissed me off.

Wifi on 2nd floor doesn't work at all even with booster.

It's ok of you go in with your eyes wide open. Don't expect much.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank looper2
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear looper2!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!

We really appreciate reviews like that, thank you for your time.
Our hotel was built int he late of 19th century, it is an old house. It has been renovated time to time but it still has some history in it.
Parking system is that way so we can be sure that no one looses the parking key accidentally, it has happened before. In this case we always have to make new keys or even change the lock.
I will forward your good words about our staff and about clean linens.

We are still looking forward to hear from you in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Small and cozy hotell with everything you need and a very cheap price. Located within a 10 minute walk from the Old Town.
Rooms are small and compact but have all the essentials you need.
24h reception where you can buy cold drinks as well :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PatrikRosenblad!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!
We are happy to read that you found our hotel cozy and that it has everything you need at your vacation.

We are looking forward to hear from you in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

As many people here have already said, the Economy hotel is indeed an economy hotel. It's really simple, a bit worn down around the edges but really just perfect for budget travellers. It's clean, and the staff is nice and friendly. The window of my room was facing a side street so there wasn't too much noise as there probably is if you stay in a room facing the main street and the railway station. The wifi signal was there but you couldn't always connect. Somehow I managed to find a spot in my room where the computer always connected to wifi (or maybe they just fixed it).
All in all, a good place to stay, I'd choose it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jurgi R
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jurgi R!

Thank you for your staying gin Economy Hotel and for your review!

We are really glad that you could choose our hotel again.
I will forward your good words about our staff being friendly and nice!
WiFi should work all over the hotel, sometimes it needs to connect next to the reception. When it doesn´t connect, then we have always done restart when somebody says so.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wifi in that hotel does not work anywhere else but lobby. I had a room on third floor and there was no network. It took time to lock room door and it was really almost impossible to lock it. In the reception they told just that they know about it. Plus side of that hotel is that price is reasonable. But I would rather pay bit more and get room with a door possible to lock and also with wifi. Also there was horrible smell in the room. Had to keep window open all night and as the hotel is near of a train station then u can guess was it possible to sleep there or not. I am really not person who complains usually but this hotel had too many minuses. I am sure there is better rooms also and maybe I was not lucky then that I got very bad room.

Room Tip: Ask a room what is not to the direction of tram stop. And take room on second floor, maybe there wil...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank merli2014

Dear merli2014!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!
I am thankful for reviews like this. I really hope that you were trying to get some help about these problems during your stay too. And I hope our staff at least tried to solve them the best they could.
As we have been full all this summer then I am sorry if you got a room that you didn´t like. I still hope that this didn´t ruin your stay in Tallinn.
Our housekeeping is doing their best job, I will forward this message about horrible smell.

We are still looking forward to hear from you in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had a good stay it this hotel and have no complaint's.. Remember it's a budget hotel and in my opinion I got more than I paid for... Your on holiday and not spending all your time in a hotel room.. If your on a budget theirs nothing wrong with this cosy little spot...

Room Tip: Ask about AC in summer...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brent S

Dear Brent S!

Thank you for your stay in Economy Hotel and for your review!
We are really happy to read that you got more than you paid for. Our staff is trying to do everything to make our guests feel comfortable. Yes, we are not 5-star hotel and we are not trying to be. Everybody can choose between different hotels and I am glad that you liked our hotel for as it is.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Although I appreciate that this hotel is on the inexpensive side, located at the edge of Old Town and a stone throw away from the Train station, unless you get a corner room, you are going to have difficulty moving around inside other tiny rooms. The receptionist at the front desk was efficient, helpful and courteous during our check in.

The room we were assigned to was on the third floor (which is pretty much a large attic floor) with a tiny window that opens enough to let the noise in but not enough air in. Since it was the highest floor, hot air rises, so it felt rather stuffy and hot inside even though the outdoor temp was cool (perhaps the hotel staff could have the foresight to open it to keep it cool but the noise might disturb the neighboring rooms). Having had to keep the window opened, it was very difficult to sleep because of the loud screeching noise of the trams from the turns right outside, you would also hear the cacophony of motorbikes, bicycles, cars, people etc. But I finally gave in and shut the window in order to get some shuteye.

If you have a heavy suitcase or bad back, be sure to request for a ground floor room to avoid spending the money you saved on the hotel on a chiropractor :-) Another issue I encountered was the constant creaking sound of the wooden floors. If someone is moving around next door, it would sound like it was coming from your room (not sure how loud it is if one is below). The biggest issue I had was the bathroom. Due to its cramped space, the toilet was literally in front of the sink. I am of average build and height, but I found it difficult to balance myself while trying to squeeze in between the two constantly trying to avoid falling backward, or splashing water all over the floor/toilet due to the awkward position or pitching forward and hitting my face on the glass shelf about a foot or so above the sink. The water pressure in the shower was excellent, the hot and cold temp fluctuation was a sure way to wake you up completely :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank earthworm88
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear earthworm88!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review.
We appreciate reviews like these, thank you for your time to writing it.

I will forward your good words about our receptionist.
We have 40 different sized rooms. I am sorry if the room we gave you was smaller than you would liked to have. Almost all summer we have been full and maybe there was no ways to change your room to larger one. Little tip: if there is any plan to come to our hotel again in the future, then write us to book you a larger room :)
In our hotel there is no lift. Our hotel is built in the end of 19th century. We cannot build lift in our hotel. Hope you can understand. I am sorry if there wasn´t anyone to help you with your suitcase. Also the creaking wooden floors are from this late 18th century.
I still hope your trip to Tallinn and in our hotel was great and you enjoyed all we can offer from our country.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have been there several times. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was ok and helpful. There is no lift. If you have big suitcase, then is quite hard, uncomfortable to go 3th flour. Breakfast was ok. Good bublic trantsport near hotel, busstop, good cafes, shops. Near to old town.

Room Tip: Take room on second floor. Quite noisy traffic. If you dont want to buy breakfast then there is a s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kaie L

Dear Kaie L!

Thank you for your staying again in Economy Hotel and for your review!
I will forward your good words about clean rooms and helpful staff. Our housekeeping and reception staff will appreciate it.

We are looking forward to hear from you in the future!