“Good price-quality rate.”

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Palencia, Spain
“Good price-quality rate.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Beds were confortable and it is close to the old town but in a quiet place. Staff at the reception were very kind according to estonian levels.
The shower was irregular, being nearly imposible to keep temperature fixed, and there were no blinds on the windows, only curtains, so light woke us up every morning.
Breakfast was ok for the price.

Room Tip: The wifi did not reach third floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank SuLf
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear SuLf!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review.
We are glad to read that you found our hotels location perfect.
I will forward your good words about our staff being kind, they will appreciate it. We are trying to keep this staff friendliness as our hotels motto :)
I am sorry to read about the irregular show. Did you say anything to the reception?

I hope you had a fun stay in Tallinn!
We are looking to hear from you in the future!

Leelia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Riga
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in my life but this was on of the worst experiences ever. The location is in the back of the train station. The Old Town is only a 5 min. walk. But this is the only positive, I can say abou this place. The room I had on 3rd floor was not very clean, the beds were old and by far too soft. The stairway had a terrible smell and was quite steep (nothing for elderly people). The WIFI only workd downstairs but not at all in the room.

The breakfast doesn't even deserve its name - a disaster. Only a few toasts and very cheap cheese, some cooked eggs and undrinkable coffee.

But the absolute impertinence was the young woman from the reception. At exactly 12.00 she called me via the internal telephone line. I could not take the call as I was on the restroom. Less than 5 min. later, she was at my door and told me, I need to leave immediately. I replied, I will do it anyway and pack my belongings. 12:10 the internal telephone was ringing again. I didn't take the call, knowing, who it was. At 12:15 the reception woman was again at my door and shouting through the door, if I don't leave within 5 minutes, she will come back with the security. As my packing was done, I left the room 2 min. later - without passing the reception.

During all my trips to more than 80 countries, I was never treated so badly and unfriendly in any hotel (even if I was really late with my check-out). I can only warn everybody to stay in this unacceptable hotel and recommend to spend a bit more money but to avoid this kind of unbelievable behavior by the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Definetely not a room on floor 3
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oliver S
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear OlliRiga!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review.
We are really sorry that staying in our hotel was not pleasant for you.
Our housekeeping is doing their really best work and that is the thing that almost every guests have seen and have only good words about.
We have now improved our WiFi systems and internet should work well in every floor now.
As we are not the same company then I will forward your comments about breakfast to the restaurant.
I have the response from the reception from the day you checked out:
"It is very sad to read this kind of feedback. Somehow I am surprised of reading this kind of view of your check out time. What could I say? In my opinion the reception usually calls in rooms 15 - 30 minutes before their check out time just to remind them that check out is till 12 o´clock. Of course it depends of the hotels. Check out could be later as well if customer has informed us ( with calling to reception from their room or have had just told it earlier in his/ her way out in other day or etc) that he/she would like to have late check out. Sadly You did not informed us so i called You 12 o`clock to remind You what time is Your check out, but You did not answered so I came to check if everything is fine with You in Your room. We had a little conversation and You told me that You will come right away (5 minutes). My fault was that I did not give You opportunity to have a later check out time, but in my opinion You were not a talking person. There can be a lot of reasons that we both do not know. Unfortunately I am not a psychic, who can see, hear, know everything what is in somebodies else head. In my opinion it is elementary that person answer the phone if he has time or open the door if somebody is knocking on it. The funniest part was talking with myself, because I did not get any answer of my questions especially if it was so loud that for You it was yelling. Yes, I talked in a louder voice, because I did not know if You left or no. I am sorry about this kind of misunderstanding and it gave me a good lesson.

Best wishes,
Siiri"

I still hope you had good time in Tallinn and willcome back.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed in Tallinn for three nights. Walked up to the hotel from the Ferry terminal. The area didn't appear that great however once we arrived (its more than a 10 minute walk when dragging a suitcase) the immediate area was better. It was a very short walk (1 minute?) to the old town walls and the beautiful medieval streets. Room was clean, private bathrooms. It's not modern, however still comfortable (and a great price). Breakfast was included, it was basic but fine. I'm a heavy sleeper, fortunately, as my room faced onto the tram stop and there was some noise. Might pay to ask for a room at the back of the hotel otherwise. Reception staff were helpful. Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rach405!

Thank you for staying in Economy Hotel and for your review.
We are glad that you found our hotels location close to everything you needed.
Thank you for noticing our cleaned rooms. Our housekeeping is doing their best job daily.
I will forward your good words about our staff being nice.
Keep recommending us, we are thankful!

We are looking forward to hear from you in the future!

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 9 August 2014

> - Reviews must be at least 200 characters.

Who could invent this?

As for hotel - it is nice, clean, with good breakfast and near the old town. That's all. Not 200 chars yet.

As for hotel - it is nice, clean, with good breakfast and near the old town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Denis Y!

Thank you for staying in Economy Hotel and for your review.
We are happy to read that you liked your stay in our hotel. We really appreciate it.

We are looking forward to hear from you in the future.

Geelong
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had little more than 24 hours in Tallinn, arrived by olane and left on the ferry to Helsinki
The Economy Hotel is across the road from th Old Town, so basically no more than 20 minute walk to anywhere. The tram stopped at the front door and the train station was about 60 metres away should you need them.
My room was clean, uniquely decorated, but warm due to highest temperatures in 50 years. The window opened and the evening breeze allowed me to sleep.
This hotel was perfect for my needs and at a very reasonable price. The girl on reception even carried my luggage to my room. The reception staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
This would be my recommendation to anyone visiting Tallinn who is not looking for 5 * accommodation

Room Tip: I had a room on the front with a view of the old town
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear heatherjn!

Thank you for staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!
We are glad to read that you found our hotels location perfect and close to everything.
Our staff is trying to be helpful all the time, thank you for noticing it.
It is good to read that you would recommend our hotel. We appreciate it!

We are looking forward to hear from you in the future!

Finland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

room was worst thing, when we arrived late in the evening I noticed floor wasn´t cleaned. I complaint to reception, she came to take a look and promised housekeeping takes care of it. When we left three nights later dirt( nuts, cereals, clipped nails etc.) was still there. Disgusting. Bed was quite comfy, sheets were clean. Room was not so noisy, we slept windows open because it was very hot. Location was good, few minutes to old town and trendy Kalamaja area.Building itself was beautiful. Breakfast was simple. Dirty room was biggest issue...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
EconomyHotelTallinn, Front Office Manager at Economy Hotell, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Petra75!

Thank you for your staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!
I am really sorry to read about this situation. I will try to understand what happened that your room floor was not cleaned for several days. I really hope this situation didn´t ruin your stay in Tallinn.
I am happy to read that you found our hotels location good.

We are still looking forward to hear from you in the future.

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a great choice for a budget hotel! The rooms are clean, the location
to the old town, bus station, and trams is ideal. The reception staff were
very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was quite extensive &
varied. I highly recommend staying here while visiting Tallin

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear 7469moog!

Thank you for staying in Economy Hotel and for your review!
We are happy that you liked our hotel and would recommend it!
I will forward your good words about our staff being friendly and helpful!

We are already looking forward to hear from you in the future!