“Brilliant stay”
Review of Tahetorni Hotell

Tahetorni Hotell
Ranked #53 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed in Tähetorni Hotel beginning of this July and I have only good words of this hotel. Firstly I want to send kudos to staff, made us feel very welcome.  The receptionists are exceptionally polite and helpful. Secondly this place is excellent value for money. I and my wife will definitely come back to Tähetorni hotel for our next holiday.

1  Thank Katica M

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Tähetorni Hotel made our vacation in Tallinn perfect. Honestly one of the best hotel I have ever spend my vacation. The rooms are clean, roomy and modern and we have a free fridge in our room. I also like that we have a free WIFI in our room, usually you have to pay it, but not in this hotel.

1  Thank Slobodan T
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I spent there one week with a group and I have to admit that it was amazing hotel! Very peaceful and green place, green forest and park next to it. Perfect for jogging and just walking in the nature.Hotel's garden was also beautiful, full of flowers and we enjoyed nice drinks until the late midnight. Service was very good, I was really shocked that the administrators spoke in so many languages. Havent got so friendly and warm-hearted service for a long time. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was rich and delicious. Parking area was small but there is always space to put the car because of the wide road. Really good quality hotel with good prices! Next time I will choose it again for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank M A
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed there over the weekend and enjoied the large rooms of the hotel and beautiful surrounding. It is perfect for guests with their own car, did not have any problems with parking.
Had peaceful rest and will come back also other time, when visiting Tallinn.
Nice place, good quality hotel for good value!

Room Tip: We had nice large room including all the neccessary facilities.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Arvi K
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed there for 5 night with my wife and two young children. We lived in one room which was rather big and roomy for four persons, it designed for two people and included only two beds. We took two extra beds and then the room was also roomy for moving. I have to mention the bathroom was really good too. Amazing thing in our rooms was TV. First time my life when I see that large flat-screen TV in hotel room. I also post a photo of this. I think it is about 60 inches. Very nice surprise in our room.   The staff was very kind and accommodating. Two mornings when we want to stay longer our room and go out later, we asked cleaning lady to clean our room later and she kindly agree with that. The room was cleaned brilliantly every day. After that, of course we leave some tip.   Breakfast was delicious and appropriate to traditional european-style. Every morning we arrived to breakfast the staff was very friendly and if some food like ham or chees runs out of it, they immediately brought new one.   I think this hotel is on of the best value accommodations I have visited. I got everything I expect form this price.   Next time when we come back to Tallinn I know we stay in Tähetorni Hotel, because my family and I were fully satisfied with this hotel. It’s great hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect, on third floor. We take the superior room which was more expensive than standa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gianiero I
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Tahetorni hotel is located at the suburbs of Tallinn, which is bad if you want to get quicly to the city center, but very nice if you are looking for a nice, quiet place to rest. The hotel is surrounded by forest and neighbouring private houses. From my room there was a bucolic view to the garden of a house beside, and we could enjoy the birds' singing all the time. The hotel lies very close to a road that seems busy with traffic, but in the evening and night it is almost empty, there is hardly any noise. From the hotel you can easily walk to a bike/fitness path among the trees and meadows. The rooms are clean and simple. The style of the hotel may not be very sophisticated, but it's OK. Food rather poor, very limited choice for the breakfast. Generally quite a good choice for a low budget hotel, but one must consider that it takes about 20 minutes by car to get to the city center.

Room Tip: There is no elewator in the hotel, but some rooms are on the groung floor without necessity to climb...
Reviewed 12 May 2013

It was all but a last minute decision to go to Tallinn, so I was looking for an affordable hotel within a comfortable distance from the city centre, and I was quite prepared not only to walk, but also to ride there. And I got what I had looked for - a lovely hotel with a castle-like tower and a pleasant maze of corridors and stairs; 3 minute walk from one bus stop and 7 minute walk from another; 30 minute ride by bus from the centre, and the road is very picturesque, by the way, so in fact you don't lose time, if you are ready to enjoy the view.

There are two mark signs, indicating the direction to the hotel, when you get off the bus or arrive at the nearest road intersection by car: a simple, but nice model of the building with an arrow and a post with a revolving name of the hotel (see my photos), so it is definitely not hard to find the place.

The only puzzling thing about this hotel is that you have to enter through the door marked as "Restaurant" - they do have a restaurant (though I haven't tried it), but nothing gives away that the reception is also there. Still this puzzle got solved quickly - you should go downstairs and then straight ahead; the reception desk will be on your left.

The staff was very friendly and helpful - a pleasure to interact with.

I don't know about the elevator (I guess there is none, yet I can't be sure), but the stairs are easily managed and actually fun, being a spiral staircase.

My room (No 35) is situated in the third floor and faces small cottages behind the buildings (see my photos). It is very cosy and comfortable; the furniture is in harmony with the light and peaceful atmosphere of the room. It is relaxing, but good for work, too. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking, but tastes differ.

The bathroom is spacious, but rather cold (at least, it was cold in May). Of course, when the shower is turned on, the temperature rises fast, so it is not really a problem. The towels don't dry very well, but they get changed, so it is also just a minor inconvenience. By the sink there is a soap dispenser, and in the shower cabin there is a body&hair shampoo dispenser.
The water pressure was a tiny bit frustrating - not really weak, but still weaker than you could expect in a usual shower.

The breakfast was not rich, but everything was fresh and delicious.

Unfortunately I can't comment on Wi-Fi: there was a network error during my whole stay.

To put it in a nutshell, it's a good and quite enjoyable place, if you agree to spend 30 minutes getting there and don't expect a feast for breakfast.

Tip 1. If you come to Tallinn by bus and get off at the central bus station, take Bus No 23, then after app. 20 minutes change to Bus No 10 at Nõmme Stop. NB! You will have to cross the street. => Bus No 23 (Autobussijaam – Nõmme). Then in the opposite direction: Bus No 10 (Nõmme–Kadaka puiestee).

Tip 2. If you ride from the very centre, take Bus No 36 from Vuru Stop and after app. 20 minutes change to Bus No 10 at Nõmme Stop. NB! You will have to cross the street. => Bus No 36 (Viru keskus – Nõmme). Then in the opposite direction: Bus No 10 (Nõmme–Kadaka puiestee).

Tip 3. If you ride from the centre and don't want to change, take Bus No 20 or 20A from Estonia Stop (Estonian National Opera). => Bus No 20 or 20A (Estonia – Nõva). In order to reach the hotel you will have to walk straight ahead to the crossroad and then turn right.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is a bliss in regard to peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo