“If its basic you need, then this is the place”
Review of Dzingel

Dzingel
Ranked #76 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here for a few nights on a business trip. Rooms we were given were of a 2 bedroom 'apartment' type- harking back t the days when the hotel was built as an accommodation block for workers working on the Olympics buildings. Firstly, if you are there in the summer, ask for a room at the back- there is no air- con so you have to open the windows to get air- and the hotel is situated on the main road so its VERY noisy - all night long - including the barking dogs! Good rear parking. Beds are narrow singles, thin mattresses and even thinner pillows- no head boards. Sitting room area with TV. Bathrooms are in process of being refurbed- all in reasonable, clean condition. Wifi reasonable throughout. Only had breakfast which was the usual basic 'continental' style with extra hot sausages and fried potatoes. Staff a bit grumpy and uncommunicative. But hey, it is a budget tourist class hotel and if all you want is a clean base for your trip, then this is fine. You can buy a 'loyalty card' from the hotel for 9 euros which gives you % off room rates.
If you're looking for luxury on your trip, this isnt the place for you, but its not the worst.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Yes, hotel is quite cheap, so saves a few cents.Staff is very unpleasant, and VERY unfriendly.

I stayed for 2 months on business trip, and because I stayed longer, staff had special instrucitions to clean the room only 3 times per week (which turned out to be 2 in some cases...I got tired of asking for the lady to come clean the room)...so I was stunned!
First of all, it IS a hotel. Secondly, I got "punished" because I was a good customer, instead of the other way around.

Beds are bad also, mattress seemed like a 10 year old cheap mattress...probably was (and I´m not trying to be extra judgdmental, but it´s the truth)!

To finish things off, the restaurant is quite bad, and prices high in comparison to the quality.

In short, not satisfied at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Of course none of the hotels want to deal with "business" girls - no wonder they did not want you or your "partner" in hotel! Find another place for "business"! Its a fair hotel for a fair price - that dont mean you and your kind can take advantage of it!
Going back there in a week and write another review - but dont trash place cause you cant get another rubber!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank T0nyx3m
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at Hotell Dzingel. There is an old saying that you get what you pay for! Well, with this hotel you get more! I paid less than £16gbp per night for B&B. My room was very good. Light & clean with en-suite toilet & shower. Satellite tv with almost 100 channels. Free use of hotel sauna. Breakfast was fantastic. Buffet style with a wide ranging choice of both hot & cold. Masses of cereals & unlimited hot & cold drinks.
I would most definitely recommend this hotel. Only a 20minute bus journey to Tallinn Old Town & Ferry port.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank dobbstar
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The staff were totally NOT friendly and were acting like they hated every client that walked through the main entrance.The bathroom door in our room didn't have any kind of lock and it was totally uncomfortable for me as I was travelling with my work-mate.
Once we asked the girls at the reception to call us a taxi,to which they responded that they didn't have any kind of taxi to call,but as far as I know , almost every hotel cooperates with some kind of taxi company..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Elena V
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This place is one of the biggest disappointments I've had whilst travelling, and unfortunately it spoiled my time in Tallinn, which is truly a beautiful town.

Firstly, its location is not ideal. I didn't think I'd find it as frustrating as I did, but it really is a pain to have to catch the bus in and out, especially because I like to have a nap at the hotel around 6pm before heading out for dinner. It's at least a 15 minute bus ride, and there is no way that you can walk into town, unless you have a decent couple of hours to spare.

The service here is staggeringly rude. I've stayed in hundreds of hostels, hotels and guesthouses around the world, and this place has had the rudest, most umwelcoming service of anywhere I've stayed. Not one of the receptionists smiled, said hello, thank you or made me feel like I was a valued customer.

The first day I was there, I thought the breakfast was served till 11am (it's not - it's 10am on weekdays) and realised my mistake in the elevator when I was going down at 10.01am. I asked the receptionist if i was too late, and she just looked at me with an air of disdain, rolled her eyes, let out a huge sigh and said I'd have to ask the staff in the restaurant. The staff in there were not any better and I received the same sort of response. They did, however, let me eat the food that was still out.

There is wifi available, but it's a ridiculous system, whereby you need to constantly log onto their website and connect to the service. I couldn't work out why the internet kept failing to work, but thankfully I realised what I needed to do.

I could hear the person on top of me constantly walking around his room and making thudding noises, which kept making the light in my room vibrate. It was utterly frustrating.

I booked this place out of desperation (all my preferences were fully booked) and would never go here again. In fact, I mentioned to some Estonian friends that I'd booked here and they all started laughing. This place has got a bad reputation in Tallinn.

Do yourself a favour and book a place in town. It might cost you a few extra euros, but you will save them on the bus fares/taxi fares that you need to shell out for by staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PennyW26
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Located at a very beautiful neighbourhood of Tallinn, even though quite far from the centre. Very easy to find it. Staff was always very kind and helpful and everyone spoke English. Checking in and out was rapid. Provides hotel-owned large and free car parking area. Free internet access through wi-fi. Open bar inside hotel, open until quite late.

Looks and feels quite outdated. Breakfast was nice, but somehow limited, compared to the size of the hotel. Price was fine, but it could be even less, for what it offers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends