“Beef fillet to die for.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mix
Ranked #4 of 902 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: International, European, Central European, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fusion restaurant MIX does not offer simple conventional dishes, but they are fantastic and delicious.
Cardiff
“Beef fillet to die for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We'd researched this restaurant and then stumbled upon it on a stroll around the old town back streets. Make sure you do sit in the right seating area outside as there are 2 restaurants in the same block, Mix is the one at street level. The service and food was outstanding and we both had the beef filled as main, and it was outstanding. My wife wanted to go back again but I did want to visit other restaurants (bit mean of me, but is was my birthday) but really recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Keiththemac

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida, USA
“Romantic Night Out in Tallinn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Got a babysitter and went out for a romantic dinner in Tallinn with my wife. 830pm reservations. The place did not get very crowded until close to 10. We went with the degustation menu with wine pairing. Very good choice overall. Champagne opener. Caviar dish was excellent. 3 kinds of caviar and very fresh. Tuna tartar was fabulous with a great oaky Chardonnay. Whitefish with a light Chablis. Now here is advice for the whitefish. It is meant to be mixed with the orange sauce...otherwise it is a bit bland. The meat selection was our least favorite. Lamb that was a bit overlooked and chewy. The wine was an Italian red that was very good. Dessert was similar to tiramisu but less chocolate. Coffee was delicious. Overall great evening. Service was fast and very friendly and knowledgable. Excellent wine choices.

3 Thank tjelke
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Be careful as right outside the restaurant a guy dressed in red...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

... will attempt to guide you to the Russian restaurant next door..

Japan influenced fusion cuisine. Nice starter: although the tempura prawn tasted like a donut, the salad overall was quite good and fresh. Very tasty halibut with green asparagus and lots of other ingredients nicely combined in the plate. Desert could be a bit better, but again, it was not bad.

Excellent value for money, three-course lunch menu. Very friendly and professional service.

Around 15-20 euros per person without drinks.

1 Thank zuiveld
London, United Kingdom
“Truly outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wonderfully creative food that works brilliantly! We had the 6 course surprise meal and every course was exceptional - superb combinations of flavours and presented with wonderful theatre. The waiters were also impeccable. A brilliant overall experience that goes straight into my top 5 meals of all time! We were lucky with the weather and sat outside, though the dining room at the back of the restaurant looked lovely.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Jason S
Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I just got back from one of the best dining experiences we've ever had -- and that’s saying a lot since we've had a lot of good ones over the years!

We made the reservation based on other TripAdvisor reviews, but, truthfully, we thought about cancelling it at the last minute. We’ve been in Tallinn for about a week, and every time we walk by the place, there’s been a costumed guy standing outside trying to entice people to come in. That didn’t seem like a good sign. We now realize that he must work for the restaurant downstairs. Thank goodness we took a chance!

My husband and I both ordered the Surprise Dinner. Our server asked if we preferred meat or fish, and we told him to “surprise us.” The chef, obviously, enjoyed the challenge as he served us dishes that weren’t even on the menu (or, at least, we didn’t notice them if they were).

We started with melt-in-your-mouth beef Carpaccio. Next came a delightful pea soup puree with crab and some kind-of seaweed. (I know; it doesn’t sound like it would go together, but, trust me, it was delicious!).

Then, for the entrée, my husband got pheasant and I got boar. Of course, we split the dishes so we could both try them! We found the pheasant a little dry (maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be?), but we both thought the boar was fabulous.

Finally, for dessert, we had an assortment of delicious sorbets and an out-of-this-world chocolate “something.” I am a chocoholic, and, I have to say, this was probably the best chocolate dessert I’ve ever had – and my husband agreed. We almost fought over the last bite!

Clearly, we thought the food was outstanding, but the server really made the experience – as they always do. I don’t know what his name was, but he said he was a friend of the chef’s. Truthfully, we haven’t had a lot of great service in Tallinn. Some of our servers have been very pleasant but not terribly attentive. Others have been fairly attentive, but not particularly friendly. This server was the perfect combination of both.

If you only have the opportunity to go to one restaurant in Tallinn, I would strongly recommend that you give this one a try. We’d consider returning to the city just to have another taste!

• Visited April 2014