“Lovely group kayaking trips ideal for individual travellers as well as families”

360 Degrees Adventure Company - Private Day Tours
Ranked #43 of 69 Tours in Tallinn
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The listing name is a bit misleading as although 360 can organise private tours, most of what they advertise is group trips that are ideal for individual travellers. I tried to suggest a better heading to Tripadvisor, but they told me to post the review here!

Over the last four years I've taken three kaying trips with 360, and as each has been really lovely I've been braver and come back next year for a longer trip!

Three years ago I went on the 3 and a halfish hour kayak trip around the bay of Tallinn, which was a lovely and relaxing way to see the old town from a different angle and the interesting areas and buildings around the port that you wouldn't normally be able to see. At the middle there was a break on a beach on the far side of the bay, where they provided water and chocolate to prepare for the way ahead. This was a really easy trip totally suitable for complete beginners (those who needed it were given instruction before setting out) and some children were easily able to join their families

Two years ago I took the full day trip from Saaremaa to Abruka, taken by two enthusiastic guides from Saaremaa who, on making sure nobody needed to get back home, let us extend the trip by a couple of hours :-). As well as kayaking to Abruka we explored the island and museum, and walked through very shallow water to explore the neighbouring island of Vihase. We had a lunch snack on arriving on the island, and before returned home we enjoyed a hot Estonian meal prepared by the guides.

This year I took the two day trip to the Pakri islands. The company provided all the equipment needed for camping on these beautiful islands, as well as providing all the food and drink and doing the cooking. This makes this the ideal camping add on trip for the budget airline traveller with very little ability to carry equipment in their luggage! The islands are as beautiful as you would expect in lovely Estonia, with varied scenery including limestone cliffs and nice beaches. Again, as well as kayaking we took breaks to explore the lovely islands with varied history ranging from beautiful traditional villages to intriguing soviet military remains (including vehicles, ships, and a tunnel complex leading under buidings!) There were also some familes on this trip, and the children seemed to more or less keep up in double kayaks with parents!

These trips are very popular with Estonians (which I think is the mark of a good tourist attraction!), and on the first and third trips Estonians were the majority of people there. On both those occasions they made sure that there was a guide speaking English (and the Estonians reflected the Estonian habit of tending to have pretty good English), and on the other occasion only foreigners were on the trip and both guides spoke English all the time.

I'd have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending these trips to anyone, and I'm hoping to be back to try another one myself next year!

1  Thank Barry B