Review Highlights
Kalev Chocolate Shop

Reviewed 17 October 2017
932sarip
Espoo, Finland
Excellent chocolate and sweets at excellent prices

Reviewed 5 October 2017
r0manmr
London, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Tallinn
from US$16.10
from US$75.00
from US$28.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our kids were in heaven when they saw all of that candy!
We let them each buy a bag with candy that they picked out themselves. My husband and i bought a couple of mixed bags and some chocolates to take home. Since we have been home, we tried some and it's very delicious! Would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Each time when I visit on Tallinn, I visit in this shop. There are good selection and it is nice to buy gifts from local chocolate shop. There is good service and althought there are long queue to cash, they service very quickly and with professional attitude.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Since returning home we have been trying to see if we can buy Kalev chocolate in the UK, it really is that good. Just remember that you need to have room in your suitcase (and spare weight allowance!) before you get carried away with your purchases!

1  Thank r0manmr
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Really nice candy shop. Good location in the Rottermann. Center of Tallinn. every time some special prices. Really nice marzipan figures.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Kalev Chocolate Shop is a bit tricky to find. It's located in the Coca Cola Plaza very near the Cruise Ship bus stop. It's a great shop with lots of variety of chocolate in many sizes and price points. I am a dark chocolate lover so we just got the simple dark chocolate bars. Really wonderful chocolate and much cheaper than we expected. Having some time to enjoy it, my only regret is not buying more!

1  Thank Cruiser209
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I purchased a few pieces of chocolate and marzipan here and found them incredibly delicious. So much so, I returned later that evening to purchase more. There was a white chocolate truffle that was so good I almost wanted to buy the entire tray. I also purchased a pistachio cheesecake with assorted cookies from the coffee shop. The pistachio cheesecake was simply okay while the cookies were great. The only disappointing thing about the shop was that the service was slooooow. Definitely don't go there if you're in a hurry.

1  Thank appetite4trvl
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Adjoining the marzipan museum is the chocolate shop and cafe. there are many traditional items on the menu. we tried the pavlova and some hot chocolate and it was superb. nice to step in and enjoy some coffee or a sweet or savoury dish.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

The shop is a bit difficult to find but locals love helping with directions so we eventually found it. First off, you will find no shortage of chocolates or marzipan here! They even sell potato chips. Second, you can't beat the prices. We bought the same bag of chocolate wafers for €3.99 in the Old Town, only to discover they sold it for €0.9 in this shop. You can purchase chocolates and other confections in pre-packaged boxes or by weight. The chocolate boxes were very attractive, and all of them included alcohol save for three. Some nice varieties for children are available too. I compared prices across several shops in different areas and I couldn't find better value for money.

1  Thank OzziesPiddles
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I love Kalev chocolate, especially dark ones with cherry and raspberry flavors. I have bought those many times from Estonian supermarkets but now decided to visit shop in Tallinn as well. Shop is nice with great selection and well priced. But cashier service should really be improved! American gent in front of me bought chocolate worth of 35 euros but he had to buy a plastic bag separately... Also he had to do the packing by himself, not any help from the cashier lady. I had my own bag so didn't have to buy one but next time will be happily to buy my chocolate from Rimi, not from this speciality store. Also received fab service from Kalev store in Pärnu.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

They have a heavenly chocolate cake, and good coffee. I had to go the day after too, it was just one of the best chocolate cakes I've had in my life, and I'm a baker. I ordered the tallinn coffee, too much liquor for me,but the regular cappuccino was good