“Correlation between the quality and the hopelesness of Greek dept crisis is > 95%”
Review of Syrtaki

Syrtaki
Ranked #684 of 970 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Greek
Helsinki
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Oh my. We had in total 5 different servings in total.

Lets start with Pros:
- good location
- clean and pretty good atmosphere
- average - good service

And the Cons:
- saganaki: straight from freezer, nothing in common with real saganakis. Didn't taste like feta.
- tzatsiki: more like creme fraise mousse with terrible amount of garlic and something dill like. Nothing in common with real tzatsiki
- bifteks - oh my lord. Worst case scenario straight from freezer with low quality meat and discusting amount of fat. Tasted like fat and more fat - not even olive oil! Worst and cheapest rice you can find.
- grilled chicked was oven baked or something. Definatelly not grilled, not to mention of seasoning, which was absent.
- desert cake - dry as sahara.

Summary: this is one of the top 3 worst restaurants I have been in. Wont recommend this for anyone!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Foodtouris

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
“nice place to stop for lunch”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Happened to see this place on our way around Tallinn and stopped for lunch and a beer. We sat outside and enjoyed the people watching. The food was tasty and the beer cold. The service was a bit slow but other than that, I have no complaints.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hikenbiken62
Helsinki, Finland
“Below average”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

To start with, I am Greek, born and raised in Greece. So, I know Greek food. I am also a professional cook.

This was my second visit in Syrtaki within a period of approximately two-and-half years. First impression wasn't much good and now it wasn't any better either.

Service was very basic, faceless and cold, which is kind of typical in this corner of the world. No surprises here.

I had a saganaki for starter, which felt like it was a frozen product, just thrown in a deep fryer. Main course was gyros with french fries. The fries were quite tasty, but half-cooked; the fork was melting them. Gyros wasn't anything like I know from my country; average taste and quality. Tatziki sauce was also absurd, too thickened and mild-tasting.

Both dishes arrived at my table quickly, but were not warm.

Also, the menu is having the original Greek names for the dishes, but many of them are just wrong. If you want to do something, please do it right; consulting won't hurt you.

Prices were alright.

• Visited July 2013
Tallinna, Harjumaa, Estonia
“The best Greek restaurant in Tallinn”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Service is good, food is perfect. I have ordered the plate for 2 and we could not manage to eat it, since the plate was too big for two, I would say for 3 person is ok.
If you ever come to SYRTAKI ask to open back room with a fire place, the one which is located behind the kitchen. There were 6 of us and manager made our music to play and let us to stay longer then restaurant working hours.
Good Greek wine and Metaxa, nice fire place and grate meat.
You will feel personal touch if the manager is there. Very good guy and my respect to the way they make business there.

• Visited October 2012