“Value for Money”

Ranked #1 of 43 Tallinn B&B and Inns
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Value for Money”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I came for business not realising this was more suited for travellers/backpackers, but was very satisfied with my stay. The hosts are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are basic but nice and warm, and the option of a sauna was a nice bonus!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Carter_Family_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Tabinoya was really warm, both in atmosphere and temperature and an absolute delight to come home to after a day or night tramping the frosty cobbles of Tallinn's old town. The staff were helpful and friendly and the complimentary breakfast did the job. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in December, really nice hostel in the old town, clean and good value for money! The owner was supernice, very helpful. The only drawback was that our room, a four-bed-room was located next to the entrance and kitchen area, and it was a bit noisy in the evenings and morgnings. I definitely recommend this hostel for budget travelers!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great location in the middle of Old Town, you can easily reach most sights by foot. Staff is very friendly. Even though check-in was at 12 we were able to leave our bags earlier in the morning.
We stayed at the room 3 (room for 3 persons), it was cozy, beds were very comfortable and it was warm even at night.
WiFi was great and breakfast as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We lived the place for one night, the place is located in a very old building with cosy interior decoration. Be careful of the long stairs, it's not suitable for travelers with suitcase. Or you could find somebody to help. The place is ok for us, spacious room with simple breakfast provided. However, the heater is not that powerful in the Winter, it's quite cold in the room. Another negative point is the shower room is a bit unclean to me and needs to share with all the people in the hostel. You may need to wait for sometime for a shower.

This place maybe a reasonable place for the backpackers that need to interact with other travelers from the world.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I arrived in Tallinn in the evening and Taro's fiancee (I forgot to ask her name, my bad!) was kind enough to help me carry my suitcase 2 floors up to the hostel reception. The reception/common area is really cosy and homey. Tea and coffee are free anytime! I booked a bed in the 5-bed female dorm - the room is spacious, the bunks area really sturdy and the beds are comfy! Met Taro on my 2nd day there, he's really friendly and we had a nice long chat. Tabinoya isn't a party hostel, which is perfect for me because I'm not a party person, so I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 573ff1
Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Taro was very very very very friendly, and helpful.
The place was very cozy, room was nice, and I felt like I was at home....
Kitchen was well equipped as well. Free coffee & tea all day long, and they even provide breakfast. Awesome!

Coming from the East, removing shoes upon entering is not a problem, in fact I like it very much.

Nonetheless, one need to be extra careful with the stairs. Don't travel with heavy luggage or else, you will have to bring you carry-on on a very steep spiral stairs.

Overall it was a great experience, but I wonder, what was the smell upon entering main entrance? It smelt like CAT.......

Room Tip: Should you need quiet sleep, avoid room facing the street.