“Poor pizza and waiter tried to keep our change!!”
Review of Gelsomino

Gelsomino
Ranked #155 of 1,069 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant - Pizzeria Café All our sauces are homemade and our ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. Our pizza is thin crust style and we'll make it just the way you like it. We believe that the best way to someone's heart is through their stomach!
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Our first night in tallin and we ate here. I am a veggie so there wasn't much choice. I opted for a cheese and tomato pizza with mushroom and chillies. The topping was minimal and tasteless. My friend enjoyed his meal. We left money for the bill and awaited our change. None came. I asked the surly waiter where our change was and he mumbled something about it being a tallin custom to keep the change. Rubbish. We got our change and still left a 10 % tip despite his cheek. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank shirty58

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We passed by this place looking for lunch, and went in without looking at Tripadvisor - which was probably a good idea. Reviews are very mixed and we might have changed out minds. Instead it was a pleasant experience. We had a number of nice dishes, including fish, which were very good. Yes, drinks are a bit on the expensive side (relative to the moderate prices typical for Tallinn restaurants), but this is really true for all restaurants we visited. Overall this is worth trying if you like Italian.

1  Thank nkerle
Reviewed 11 June 2014

the pizza was just okay. I actually got something different from what I ordered, but ate it anyway. The staff was unfriendly. the location wasn't on the main street so it wasn't quite as busy as other lunch places. The wurstl on the pizza was like hot dogs.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My pizza Caprese was average enough with fresh tomatoes and basil, very light crust (= not Italian way of doing things).

Considering Tallinn's price level, 8 € for this was too much - but the 3,5 € water and 2,5 € espresso were over the moon!

Will not visit again. The service was neglient.

1  Thank mrs_eskola
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Ordered a pecorino cheese salad but got a Greek feta salad instead. Complained and got the right one...after purchase.