“Location, Location, Location...”

Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Birmingham,AL
“Location, Location, Location...”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

If you value location as I do when you travel then this hotel is a winner. We stayed two nights, got there early on boat from Stockholm and even thou our room was not ready we did get to leave our belongings . We had booked their least expensive room so it was in the back facing a busy street. (This hotel is right on the wall by Fat Margaret's Gate, one of the principal entrances to the walled Old town). It was hot so we had to open the windows and it can get a little noisy, if you are a light sleeper I would recommend you book a premium room which face the front and since The Old Town is mostly pedestrian it is very quiet. The room was average size for european standards and clean, no frills but we were not expecting any either. It is an easy walk to the pier and of course you can walk everywhere in the Old Town. Tallin is a beautifully preserved medieval town, full of nice shops, restaurants, cafes and little surprises at every corner, I would say my kind of town. Prices were lower than in other Baltic cities we visited in this trip, but were not rock bottom prices either. We had good weather, very confortable, it only rained late one night as we made our way from dinner to our hotel. The hotel breakfast was a very nice buffet and the hotel had free wi-fi and the use of one computer in the lobby. The hotel staff was very nice. The hotel does not have safes in the rooms but you can leave your valuables in the safe at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
Wales
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Booked this direct and got senior reduction so only 45 euros a night for twin room and breakfast which was excellent value. Rooms a little on small side but perfectly adequate for a short stay and have all you need. We were on road side on 1st floor but were not disturbed by raod noise.. En suite again compact and it would be difficult to wash your hair in the sink if you like to do that as opposed to the shower which was fine. Breakfast was as you would expect from this standard of hotel - usual hot & cold but not a lot of choice. Reception staff very helpful and spoke good English. Location excellent as in quieter part of old town, but only a few minutes wlak to centre, yet convvenient for public transport - trams 2 minutes walk away. Would stay there again and recommend it with slight reservation re size of rooms for those people who like their space.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Durham
Reviewed 28 July 2011

There are lots of negative reviews of this hotel on this site but my boyfriend and I found it to be comfortable, very clean and quiet. The staff were always incredibly friendly and obliging and the included breakfast was more than satisfactory. You have to know what to expect from this hotel though - don't go wanting all the rooms to be standard rooms with standard facilities! Our room was in the basement (though with windows bringing in plenty of natural light) and the original city wall ran through the bedroom. We thought this was great and authentic but if you're looking for a standard hotel room then just book into the Ibis! We found it warm (which you need in Tallinn) and cosy.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Riga
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was advised the day before my reservation that the hotel was overbooked and unable to accommodate me. My reservation had been made some days earlier and I have a Booking confirmation. I note on websites that the hotel has taken bookings in the last few hours and that others have had similar experiences. I have been offered an alternative room in an inconvenient location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Tallinn hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel and would like to give it 4 out of 5 but a couple of small things mean it gets a 3.

Firstly, the hotel is in a great spot, right on the northern egde of the Old Town and is in a quiet area, although only 10 minutes from the main sqaure, on foot. The 2 ladies I dealt with on reception were polite, helpful and spoke good English (as many Estonians do.)

The rooms are small but with a good, clean bathroom, TV (only 1 English languare channel) and a mini bar. The rooms are clean but my room was not cleaned on the first day, which was disappointing.

The breakfast was OK but the scambled eggs were like polystyrene and I thought the bread was starting to go a bit stale.

Overall, a pleaseant stay and whilst I would not discourage anyone from choosing tghis hotel, if I do go back to Tallin, which I hope to do, I will probably look for another hotel

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the occasion of the 40 year wedding anniversary of my in laws. We had a great time there. The staff is extremely helpful. Imagine this: I forgot a jewelry box in the hotel room with very valuable stuff and they very quickly found it and mailed it back to us in Norway. In addition they followed all the instructions correctly so we didn't have to pay taxes. Great place!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We booked this hotel on nearly 60 days prior to our arrival. we booked this hotel given the location and recommendation (within the Old City and close proximity to the cruise ship terminal). subsequently, we attempted to book their airport pickup service (via 4-emails and 2-faxes to hotel) however to no avail (no response from hotel). finally, we requested airport pickup service via a hotel booking service and the hotel booking service confirmed accordingly. upon arrival at airport, no airport pickup service was present and we had to find alternate transportation (airport bus to outside the Old City and then walk uphill ½-mile into the Old City with suitcases to hotel). upon arrival at hotel, we were informed there were no rooms available, being bumped by a tour group and being relocated to a sister hotel on the opposite side of town (outside the Old City and away from the cruise ship terminal; however they paid for the taxi to their sister hotel and upgraded our room at my request). other non-tour group travelers were also bumped accordingly. there is no excuse for this type of conduct! we are experienced travelers (our 16th trip to Europe) and would not recommend this hotel to anyone (except perhaps a tour group)!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple