“Went that extra mile”
Review of Ulemiste Hotel

Ulemiste Hotel
Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was fortunate to stay here on two occasions during a recent business trip. My first stay was during a weekend, we had finished our first week and drove to Tallinn to visit the old city. My stay was pleasant, the room was spacious, free internet, breakfast and the floors in the bathroom were heated which was a nice touch. What made this stay note worthy was the helpfulness from the front desk staff. The first occasion came during our weekend stay, we decided to visit Helsinki Finland and needed ferry tickets. We attempted to acquire them on line but had several questions, so my supervisor visited the front desk, they answered our questions and assisted us with booking our tickets which turns out saved us more than 50% because he booked in his language instead of English. Second occasion we stayed on our way home, I thought I had left a power cord on my last visit so I inquired when I checked in and the clerk went to extra lengths to look thru all if their lost and found items and checked the office just in case it had been placed in there, I was very impressed with his efforts on my behalf. Also, when he found out we had an early morning flight and would miss breakfast they offered to have an express breakfast available at 445 am in the lobby, couldn't ask for better service in my opinion. The hotel restaurant was delicious, I'll review that separately. Hotel price, proximity to airport and helpful staff placed this one high on my list

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking so make sure you state your preference
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rltipton86

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I think there is nothing bad I can say about staying in this hotel. On the other side there is nothing extra. Just nice hotel equals its price level. Located about 5 minutes walk distance from Tallinn airport really gets you quickly to your flight without using taxi, but you dont even hear a plane from your room. There might be a nice lake view when you are not staying there in witner time and being in the room only in the morning and night when it is dark.

Room Tip: Lake side for sure (the other heads to the airport)
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel Ulemiste in Tallinn is a nice hotel. I stayed there for one night, but the room is very nice. Internet is free and good. Breakfast was very nice. I had dinner in the restaurant and I didn't like it at all. It was pretty expensive and I didn't like the atmosphere, but just cause it's not my cup of tea, it won't influence my rating. To conclude, this is a good place to stay if you need to be close to the airpot.

1  Thank Pimp A
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed there involuntary, as flight was diverted to tallinn. what to say, modern hotel, close to airport and free internet. slept there only from 02AM to 08AM. Breakfast and internet was good.

check in was fast and competent people and service minded.If going to Tallinn on business this would be worth a place to be.Only thing, the pillow are way too hard, as observed by others

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I hope they replace the pillows - i couldn't sleep with them.

Breakfast at the hotel is good - take it when possible instead of ordering a breakfast package to go.

Otherwise everything was nice and close to the airport as i wanted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

newly renovated hotel next to the airport. modern, comfortable interior, tram stop towards old town and city center within walking distance. breakfast was great. decent conference center
would recommend rooms on 2nd floor and higher for great view on the lake.

Room Tip: would recommend rooms on 2nd floor and higher, view on the lake
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aleksandra G
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel stands out as nothing special. It hardly meets 3 stars chain hotels standards. Best thing is the hotel s proximity to nice lakeside views and airport, and lobby bar area. Service at reception was ok but the bar staff had a member with a very strong attitude problem. Not the kind of place you would like to hang out for more than a night. Tried the cheese plate and the cheese was of poor quality, as was the tacky presentation of the dish.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business