“Very nice stay in a heart of Tallinn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Ermitage Hotel

L'Ermitage Hotel
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Tallinn, Estonia
“Very nice stay in a heart of Tallinn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Hotel L'Ermitage locates just about 500m from heart of Old Town of Tallinn, very nice and spacious rooms, clean and bright... . There was coffee- and teamaker in our room what was really a good surprise as we bought some pies from bakery just before going to hotel, it was wintertime and the weather in Tallinn was really wet and snowy that night, so it was great to have a cup of hot tea before going to bed. And this bed.... one of the best hotel-beds I have been sleeping in for last years. It was really comfortable, not too soft as usually hotelbeds are. Breakfast was not very rich but still tasteful- buffet style serving and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Brend new room- opened just in dec13-jan14
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I visited Tallinn with my boyfriend for a 3-day relaxing vacation. We arrived at the hotel at 12.00 and got our room immediately. We had booked the superior romantic room and it was very fresh and light. Not the most cosy room, but we really enjoyed it. Nothing to complain about!
The room had a big bathtub that fit us both and the bed was large and comfortable.

The first morning we overslept and got to the breakfast three minutes before closing, but the staff was nice enough to let us get some breakfast before they took away the food and started cleaning. The breakfast was nice, and I am a real breakfast person, so that is a great grade.
The staff was welcoming and polite and we even got to check out an hour later than we were supposed to.

We walked everywhere during our visit in Tallinn, and the location of the hotel was good in our opinion. Close to the old town. Took us about 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the old town square.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent five night at hot season ( Russian Christmas holdays) and I would like to say that the hotel staff did their work well. The hotel was full ( or almost full), there was a bit crowdy at the breakfast ( very good with various meal) but they managed to serve quickly adding the meal when finished, cleaning the tables, opening restraunt for open buffet. It was warm in the room, nevertheless in addition to the blanket they supplied the plaid. The hotel is very close to old town. There are two things that I did not like there: a glass chair in the room ( I see that it is hi-tech design, but I do not like it) and the noise from the street. We opened the window just for a few minutes for airing and there was a noise from the street. I suppose that at summer it could be a problem influencing on the sleep qualty.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jarvenpaa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I could give an excellent review if I wouldn't have the bad surprise to see that my signature has been imitated on one bill.
When you check out, check your bill very carefully and if there has been some receipts that you have signed, ask to see them if something looks weird.
This problem has happened to me but the funniest thing is that the receptionist and the manager were telling me that for them this "fake" signature looked like the original one even if anybody could notice that the fake one was shaky and completely different from the original which was on other receipts. So be careful because they won't admit their mistake!!!!

Except this problem, our stay was very pleasant.
The location is fine, just need to walk a couple of minutes to be in the old town.
The price was good for the room which was not too big, not too small and very clean. Our room had a view on the outside parking place, it was very quiet. We didn't listen any noise from outside or from the other rooms.
The TV has a large choice of foreign TV programs: Italian, Russian, Finnish, French, German, English....

The restaurant was perfect. The food were very good. I just regret that the Christmas dinner was placed in another room with a buffet which was under the average in quality. If you plan to spend your next Christmas there, go to the restaurant and don't take the XMas dinner package.

Our car was too big to fit inside, we had to leave it on their outside parking (located behind the hotel). When I saw how it looked like with access to anybody I was a bit scared. But it's very safe, there is a guard all night long with a dog. It cost 9€ per night but our car was safe.

We booked the sauna one evening and ordered food from the sauna menu.
Food was very good, each dish had a nice presentation.
The sauna itself wasn't so pleasant, it was too hot. When we arrived the temperature was about 70C but after an hour it was 100C, too hot for us and we didn't find how to adjust the temperature.
The Jacuzzi looks more like a big bathtub. You can seat inside at 2 persons but the bubbles are more for decoration than massaging you.
Anyway, it's a nice place to relax. We booked it for 2 hours and it was enough. 1 hour would be too short.

Even if I found this hotel good, I will not go back because of what happened when we checked out. I took pictures of the receipts and shown them to all my friends. All of them noticed that one had a fake signature. But it seems that the manager and staff have a different way to see things.

Room Tip: A fan was inside the room which means that in summer it may be hot. There is a main road in front of...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DavKir01
Heinola, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel was easy to get by car. Parking was affordable in the carage. Room was clean and I liked the decorating, room was just renovated.
Traffic noise was annoying, luckily I had my ear plugs with so I slept a good night sleep.
Breakfast was continental and restaurant was nicely furnished.

First evening we booked sauna and it was hot and nice, perfect for four people but I don't recommend that to larger groups. 35 euros was good price for two hours.

I've used to stay near Viru hotel and this was refreshing hotel for the location and I liked the staying there very much.

Room Tip: If you don't have ear plugs and you are a light sleeper don't get a room on the street side...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Spent some nights at this hotel with my friends at the end of October. We were three couples from different countries that wanted to have a nice time in Tallinn all together. Well… one couple was thrown away from the hotel because of L'Ermitage didn't have any rooms available - I mean they didn't want to provide ALREADY PAID room (and of course no excuses, just tough soviet service).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel was recently renovated. We had a basic room, but it had underfloor heating which was lovely and warm, a TV and great, comfortable beds.

Breakfast was included.

Location was good for the Old Town and it was a nice walk to get there (10 mins).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends