Merchant's House Hotel
US$135
Hotel Palace(Tallinn)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Hestia Hotel Ilmarine(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$237
US$216
US$135
US$120
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squarecourtyard suitebeer houseold towntown squareperfect locationchristmas marketraekoja platsair conditioninglovely hotellounge areareception staffsmoked salmonthe ground floordouble roombreakfast is servedlong weekend
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Fantastic hotel in the old town. Brilliant location. Excellent staff. Room 210 had free standing bath in the room just gorgeous. Highly recommend this place. Lovely restaurant underground where breakfast is served which was a selection of both hot and cold food.

• Stayed: August 2014
hotelstallinn, General Manager at Merchant's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and recommendations! It is absolutely great to hear you consider us to be a perfect place to stay in Tallinn. This is exactly what we aim to be. Hope to see you with us soon again! With kind regards.

If you have any family or friends coming to Tallinn, please dont hesitate to contact me in advance for accommodation and restaurant reservations

Kind Regards

Jonathan Poole
General Manager - Merchants House Hotel
Email: gm@merchantshousehotel.com

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Second time for me in this hotel and I have to admit that I focused on shortcomings.
Lack of AC is not an issue as not allowed in the Old town I presume but my room this time was very tiny on the ground flour. Bathroom was outdated. Finally, the breakfast is very low quality and not at all at the level of the hotel.
But of course place is unbeatable and service perfect. But doest it deserves 120 euro a night ? Not so sure

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Keoma,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on tripadvisor. I am sorry that we did not have the chance to meet.

During peak season, hotel prices in Tallinn raise from winter time by over 70%. This is of course due to demand just like airlines companies all around the world. The Merchants House Hotel is by far not the most expensive hotel in Tallinn, as I believe in giving the best price available.

I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, when booking next time, please contact me directly.

I have listed the breakfast items below at the Merchants House Hotel, if you have any further items that you believe we should have on the breakfast, please I be grateful for your comments and ideas. gm@merchantshousehotel.com

Drinks:
Fresh Coffee, Largest selection of teas in Tallinn and Assortment of juices

Hot Food:
Omelette,Fried Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, Boiled Eggs, Bacon, Sauasages, Baked Beans,
Mushrooms.

Cold Food:
6 different selections of cereals, Joghurts, Milk, jams, Toasting bread, freshly baked brown bread, freshly baked white bread, croissants, danish pastry, salmon, marinated herring, tomatoes, cucumbers, ham, local cheese and final a selection of imported cheeses.

Kind regards

Jonathan Poole
General Manager - Merchants House Hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The location of the hotel is great if you wish to be in the middle of the tourist-oriented Old City scene. I made a last minute booking on Hotels.com. and probably because of that I was given a partially below-ground-level room (102) with windows facing straight to the courtyard restaurant. And this room has no air-conditioning, so on a very hot summer day it was unpleasantly hot. The in-room safe was out of order, so I asked to be moved to another room. With some reluctance they agreed, and I got a smaller but much more comfortable room in the main building, with very well working AC and safe. Breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for one night with a friend this July, 2014. Location perfect, room was nice ( loved the burgundy-coloured walls ) and staff is very competent. I was a liite afraid about the location ( city center ) because of the possible noice. But no trouble at all, even if the room was situated towards the street ( well it was a weeknight, can't tell what it's like during the weekends ). The breakfst was good, but still that's the only tihing I was not perfectly satisfied, it could have been more extensive ( the room rate is, well not among the cheapest ones in Tallinn ). I would have had more variety what comes to the vegetables and fruits. But overall ; good experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This time our room was located in the courtyard side of the building which was very nice! The Dunkri Street is a bit noisy but no noise came to our room. Instead we could have our window open to the courtyard and as the room was on the street level we could actually walk in and out through the window - fun! Service came ALWAYS with a smile, very nice young people. Good breakfast, only negative thing was that their coffee maker was broken so there was only instant coffee. The girl was nice enough to make me coffee with the espresso machine (which normally costs extra) for free. Service the way I like it! Oh, and the location is super! And so is the price for a hotel this nice. I would give 5 stars but the A/C in our room didn't work so it was a bit too hot for a good sleep. Not a problem during the fall/winter/spring months (or a normal nordic summer - this year was exceptionally hot!).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family