“Clean, basic, great location and pleasant staff”
Review of Go Hotel Shnelli

Go Hotel Shnelli
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I ended up here by accident as my booking at the City Hotel Portus was cancelled and they transferred me to Hotel Shnelli. So I didn't know what to expect and it was near a train station which I naturally thought might be noisy.

The rooms are very clean, minimalistic design, and the bed was comfortable. I found the shower appeared to overflow the bathroom a bit but the water never got out of the room and it did drain quickly. Hair dryers are included and the wifi worked very well in the room.

Breakfast was a nice spread of choices from eggs and meat to potatoes, toast, fruit and veggies. It is included with the room rate which I find helpful when I travel.

There is some noise at night from the rooms that face the street so bring ear plugs. I enjoyed the nice views of the Old Town which is across the busy road, so the location is excellent for access to the Old Town.

The best part of Hotel Shnelli is the helpful staff. They always seemed very friendly and pleasant whenever I had a question. I had an early morning flight and was provided a packed breakfast. They used a reputable taxi company with normal rates for my trip to the airport. Pleasant staff and service go a long way in making someone's visit a good one! I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from my 7th floor room facing the Old City. It does have road noise so bring ear...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and chose the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel is a short (15 minute?) walk from the ferry terminal--I would take a taxi if you have lots of luggage--but it's right beside the train station. My room was right beside the tracks (an *06 room) and I could hear the train announcements in the morning, if you're sensitive to noise definitely ask for a quiet room. I had a room with twin beds that was basic and clean; good wifi connection. Good buffet breakfast in the morning with quite a bit of choice. Good stay, I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a stag party. We needed accomodation that was suitable for a large party (12 people), cheap and accessible. Anything else was a bonus so expectations were quite low. We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the hotel was, the twin rooms were very basic but did the job for the group. If you want comfort (e.g. you are on a weekend romantic break with the other half), you might want to look elsewhere as the beds were a little on the small flimsy side. The hotel has decent free wifi which appeared to work everywhere in the hotel. The price also included breakfast buffet, again very basic and a few of the dishes appeared random but I assume are typical for Tallin, potato salads, rice and mixed veg, but the frankfurters, salami slices, toast were good for me. Again no complaints. Reception staff spoke good English and were happy to help us book restuarants or tell us about places we wanted to go to. We booked an airport transfer after hearing about dodgy cabs. Although a little more expensive than taking a cab we literally had a coach to ourselves. Something I'd recommend for a large group. There is no difference between standard and superior rooms except for the fact the standard rooms are on the side where the train station is. This means that if you have the room window open, expect noise from platform announcements to train door warnings going off and the occasional train horn. These rooms do not have AC so you might have the window open on hot stuffy days. For a stag group this wasn't a problem but for light sleepers, would recommend superior rooms although with the window closed you would get by. Location of the hotel is good and takes about 10 mins to walk to the centre of the old town. It is also next to a supermarket, great if you need to pick up water, snacks and essentials. Overall definitely recommended for people looking for a cheap stay. If you want a romantic break, and you book here, your other half would class you as a cheapskate!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GarethLondonHighgate
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel itself is in a very good place to get to everything and was on the doorstep of the railway station. You could not hear the trains however as the windows were triple glazed and extremely good at filtering out the noise. The rooms are ok and clean and the shower is good. My only complaint was the softness of the beds. They were too soft and you felt like you were going to fall off the bed with every movement. After being awake for a very long time on our journey here we then found it difficult to sleep in these beds. shame, as everything else was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We used it for a stop as our flight was arriving late. Staff was very helpful to give us information on anything local. Hotel isn't anything fancy or luxorious but it's very clean and close to Old Town. As we had to catch a train next day it was perfect being next to train station. If hotel is only a place to sleep and shower, Shnelli is definetly place to stay.

Room Tip: If possible ask for room with windows toward train station as roadside rooms are noisier
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good location. Close to city-center. It is our third stay at this hotel. The staff was very serviceminded and friendly. The room was clean, but we missed a fridge as it was very hot in Tallinn this time, and it would have been nice to cool our drinks. The breakfast I think, was a little bit simple. As I remember it has been better earlier. But all over, we may come back another time...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sigfred N
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a room facing the castle, also facing the busy, noisy street. We had to open the window at night because of the heat. The day we arrived it was 33 d. the hotel does not have a/c although they were kind enough to provide a fan on the second night. The day we arrived was the start of a Festival which gave a happy light atmosphere to the town. The gardens across from the hotel had concerts and lots of games etc. for the kids. It was a short walk to the old town and very pleasant. The staff at the hotel are very welcoming and ready to help on directions etc. The breakfasts were plenty. It was a busy exciting four days in Tallinn - wished I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: As previous travelers have said - the back rooms face the train station and the front rooms the busy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends