“Excellent Hotel - Excellent stay.”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed at the Savoy Boutique for 4 nights at the end of May and found the Hotel to be excellent all round.
The Hotel is well furnished with good size rooms, an excellent bar and breakfast and free Wi-Fi throughout.
The Staff are efficient, welcoming, helpful and all look to be enjoying their jobs which is always nice to see !.
The Hotel location is also excellent and you are close to all the main sites and all that Tallinn (which is a fantastic city) has to offer.
I highly recommend the Savoy Boutique for both business and leisure visitors.

Room Tip: You will need to close the windows to obliterate the street noise if you have a room at the front of...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear Peter & Juli,

Thank you for your kind words!
Feedbacks like these are the most rewarding moments during our everyday working life!
I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff members enjoying their jobs, this is exactly what we are trying to achieve here: if the personel is happy to have you here, then you will hopefully be happy to be here.

Thank you for visiting Savoy Boutique Hotel, you are welcome back any time!
Have a splended summer!

Edith Mihkelson

Reviewed 25 June 2012

1st class all round, really pleased with our stay, 7 nights.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Mark,

Nice to hear that you were so pleased with your stay. Thank you for sharing your emotions with others!

Until the next time!

Sinceerly,

Edith Mihkelson

Reviewed 13 June 2012

First of all, I would like to thank the Savoy boutique hotel staff for a great stay I have had in June 2012 (staying for 3 nights). On the whole, I was really satisfied with its comfort and services, but there were some things that could be improved, and this would only raise the hotel standards to meet clients' expectations. So, a comprehensive impartial feedback (sorry for being long, but I appreciate good reviews from other members myself, and so would be mine to help others deciding):

I got my room on a special offer with my tourist company for a price of a 4-star hotel, so I did not hesitate to book Savoy, even though it the room was non-refundable. I wrote an e-mail directly to hotel reception to ask of a quiet room with a view, and my request was fulfilled - they gave me an excellent room on the 5th floor, and even though it overlooked the street (good view), I was never bothered with noise at night. Sound isolation between rooms is also excellent, so I never heard neighbours, even though the hotel was fully booked when I stayed.

The hotel location in great for sightseeing - 2 mins walk to the Townhall square -the heart of old town, but not noisy comparing to the hotels at the square itself. The Freedom square with good shops (MaxMara, Max&Co, Armani, etc.) just round the corner, as well as Viru square where the airport bus and tourist sightseeing buses leave, with Viru keskus shopping centre; across the street is situated Solaris shopping centre with an excellent food and delicatessen. I found the location ideal for a short stay.

The room was not big, but pretty enough for me, and the bed was heavenly soft, I had an excellent quiet sleep. I didn't watch the plasma TV, but found it nice for the room designe :) And highly appreciated the lock box system in the room with a code I could compose myself - no extra fees and suspicious keys with doubles presumably kept at the reception, and there was a charger inside the lock, so I could charge my iPad when in it. A minibar that I used as a fridge for some fruit was also nice. Bathroom ok, with bathrobe and slippers, hairdry and some shampooing and conditioner provided - basic comfort, but also good (shampooing could be of a better Estonian SPA-brand, but I'm being too captious :)).

The hotel staff were all friendly and English-speaking, I bought a Tallinn card with them to enjoy all the museums for free or with discounts. They could be sometimes a bit slow, but always trying to be at your beck and call.

Buffet breakfast was all in all quite good, but I was a bit disappointed. Of course they has bacics like juice, cereals, homemeade hot porridge (excellent!), some joghurt, croissants, bacon, cheese, and salmon. The champagne is also included in the breakfast buffet, I never asked of it (tough sightseeing program during the day, so wanted to keep my head clear!) but it was a nice plus. On the minus side, the hotel was full and it sometimes was too crowded in the breakfast room - actually where is located the trendy MEKK restaurant (but you could also be seated in the other room for breakfast - in the hotel lobby), or, I suppose, at the terrace on better days. Then, when thet ran out of sth, ex., the highy appreciated salmon took huge time (20 mins) to be re-served but all nice waiters. And it would be much better to help yourself with the coffee rather than to have it brought by the waiter. It could have been also nice to have a wider jam and chocolate selection (and some honey) and some diet-sensible attitude (soja milk, no-lactose yougurt, etc.), and the fruit selection left to be desired (would have appreciated some ananas, watermelon, strawberries). All in all, the breakfast was nicely served, and I loved huge red Savoy-styled cups (even bought myself one with a reception). One day, the porridge provided was only with milk, and since I prefer having mine without, a nice waitress had make it expressly for me in no time, thanks a lot!

I appreciated newspapers in different languages in the lobby, as well as the fruit available with knives to eat them when sitting on the sofa. Another nice plus - they made some resfeshing sangria (did not taste it, so don't know whether it was with or without alcohol) when the weather got warmer.

This review being already quite long, I would just sum up in saying that Savoy boutique hotel is a place to recommend for tourists discovering Tallinn, for its location, services and comfort. There are some things to be improved, and I hope to maybe find them on my next stay there (Ex. - would expect a sauna or at least small fitness-centre in a 5-star hotel; I understand that a swimming-pool would be difficult to build in, since not at the hotel from the beginning).

So, thanks a lot, and wish you nice numerous guests in all the seasons!

Room Tip: I wrote an e-mail to the hotel reception to ask of a silent room with a good view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Lidia,

Thank you for this very comprehensive and thoughtful feedback! I am absolutely sure that people who are looking for a place to stay in Tallinn will find this one very useful.
A few quick remarks:
Actually we do have a lot of the things you mentioned in your comments. The thing is that some of the products for people with allergies are not needed too often, so we keep them in the kitchen so they would stay fresh if needed. Your feedback got us thinking, though, that we should have this information available for the guests.
This is what I would personally like to thank you for. I have always believed that the best way to improve is to listen to those who are kind enough to point out and comment.

I hope that the next time you visit Tallinn you will choose Savoy Boutique Hotel as we try to be as thorough in our work as you were writing these comments.

With kind regards,

Edith

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Everything you must see, do or enjoy in Tallinn, of you are a tourist is at walking distance. Nice hotel bar, average breakfast. Good and clean rooms, beds and bathroom. Friendly staff.
Alvaro
Brazil

• Stayed: June 2012
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Alvaro,

Thank you for posting your feedback! I am sure it will be useful to other readers to know that Savoy Boutique Hotel is nearby to all the main places you really look foorward to go to if you visit Tallinn.

Greetings to Brazil!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have just returned from a five day trip during which I stayed in the Savoy Boutique Hotel. The hotel is in a great location near the Old Town Centre and the staff were friendly and very helpful. My room was well decorated and despite the hotel being located in a busy tourist area there was no noise at night. The one thing that I was really dissapointed with was the housekeeping at the hotel.The desk in my room was not dusted at all during my stay and after 5 days I could actually see a layer of dust on it. The floor was definately not hoovered properly and I cleaned the marble surround on the sink myself after Day 3. Good bar, breakfast buffet & restuarant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear Catherine,

It is great to hear that you were pleased with most of the things during your stay here at Savoy Boutique Hotel. As for the negative part, however, thank you for pointing us out this regrettable misunderstanding.
I assure you that the next time you visit us there will be a perfectly fit room waiting for you to enjoy it!
Until then I wish you all the best!

Sinceerly yours,

Reviewed 19 May 2012

just returned from a relaxing stay there. lovely quiet rooms on the edge of the old town. despite some clubs nearby there was little if any disturbance. staff very helpful and the cocktails are wonderful recommend the Boston if you like gin. the food in the restaurant is not bad and there was plenty of variety at breakfast. Minor quibbles would be the quality of the towels and for those of us with short legs a running jump is required to get in to the Bath. All in all would stay here again.

Room Tip: choose high floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is always a great pleasure to hear good things about Savoy Boutique Hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the little details aswell, your remarks are certainly very helpful!

As for your next visit to Tallinn – you are always welcome at Savoy Boutique Hotel!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2012

From 06 to May 8, 2012 we had a rest in Tallinn! Book a hotel "Bern" 4 *, but we moved for technical reasons in the Savoy Hotel Boutique 5 *. We agreed, 5 *! But who gave this hotel 5 *? . This hotel is 3 *! Located at the entrance to the old city. A taxi from the airport cost us 10 euros. Our room was on the 5th floor. There is a lift. The rooms are small, close. In the shower room with a hole in the floor. Water fills the entire toilet. The windows are opened. Flat TV. Many TV programs. Beds are comfortable. We booked room for smoking. We confirmed the number of smoking. In addition to smoking. Let us know no one warned. The room nebylo plate with a ban of smoking. In the lobby there is also smoke-free plates. We smoked in the room and we have reprimanded and warned a fine of EUR 50. Hotel lobby is very small. There is a small restaurant. Breakfast is served in the restaurant. Breakfast is very poor, little choice. Two types of ham, two kinds of cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal. The hotel has a small bar. The hotel left a good impression, a little cozy, home. We've been walking around the city. The city is very charming, in recent years has become a modern! Built City Centre. Very nice Rotermanni quarter. In the city a lot of good restaurants. We were five and all the food was delicious and beautifully decorated. Prices are the same everywhere, salad 06.03 euros, 06.12 euros a main dish. Beer 2-3 euros. You can safely go to any restaurant, there will be delicious!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear strelez,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on Savoy Boutique Hotel. I am glad to hear that you think of our hotel as a cozy one. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with our breakfast buffet, though. But if you liked Tallinn we will happily be your host next time you visit offering a room with a bathtub and an a’ la carte breakfast brought into your room. As for the smoking rule, there is no smoking allowed to ensure clean and safe rooms for all our guests. If you were misled by this rule, I regret.
Again, thank you for feedback and I wish you all the best in your future travels.