“the good, the bad, and the ugly”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel needs to get its act together. The good of this hotel: a good location at the bottom end of old town within two blocks of a shopping center with a large supermarket in the basement, comfortable beds, a clean room, an adequate breakfast, and a reasonable price for its star rating. The bad of this hotel: the air conditioning was very poor and the raised tub/shower in the bathroom was extremely difficult to enter/exit (I am 6'3''). This will be a safety concern for older guests. The ugly: upon checking into the hotel the opening the door to my room with my key card I encountered a couple already occupying the room. This kind of mistake should never happen and is an inexcusable error in software/general management. This makes my second complaint almost seem minor--on my second day I left my room at 9:00 am and returned at 3:00 pm (to get ready for an early morning flight) to find the room unserviced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank athensofga
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your notes!

As you can imagine, your feedback would worry us a great bit. I apologize to you as this is certainly something that should never happen to our guests.

I hope you will find it in you to understand and forgive us because I assure you these kind of shortcomings are not something we are tolerant about as well.

Hopefully we can make it up to you in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

While not a 5-star hotel, Savoy is definitely a wonderful 4-star boutique property, perfectly situated to explore Tallinn's old town. Breakfast is excellent. Rooms very comfortable. Free wifi worked perfectly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Waterloonie,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation!
I am sure your tips will be valuable to other tripavisor.com guests, too.

If you ever visit Tallinn again you can be sure that you are welcomed here with smiles on our faces.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We went for Valentines, the room was perfect, bed very comfortable. I really couldn't fault it. Its contemporary but in warm luxurious decor. We did have food in the evenings and it was delicious, the room is contemporary and the food matches the style and quality found through out the hotel. We entered into the prize draw and won, but sadly were not able to return to take advantage of the free stay (really sad as I would love to go back) The hotel is very conveniently located in the centre and everywhere can be reached on foot. Our room over looked a road and part of a roundabout, it was interesting to watch the world go by. The bar is really nice and the cocktails brilliantly priced. Strongly recommend staying here if you go to Tallin.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adelle007

Dear Adelle,

Thank you for your positive thoughts!

It is more than pleasing to see you post here after all this time gone by since Valentines and this makes your post even more special to us.

We will be more than happy to greet you back when you decide to revisit Tallinn!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2013

After 3 stays in Tallinn at Hotel Telegraaf, we decided to try something new. Savoy was well located and very reasonably priced for a 5-star hotel. Must say that we were most pleasantly surprised, and I think this will be our new regular stay at Tallinn going forward!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jani,

Thank you very much for this post!

Nothing inspires us more than these kinds of humble feedback notes.
Thank you for your support and choice!

Looking forward to have you back again,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here recently and expected 5 star as that was what the websites were showing so I was disappointed.
We got our room changed , no problem,after the first night to something a little lighter but I have to say the beds are tiny and the bedding poor quality....no fluffy duvets!
Breakfast was OK varied. There was a glass of bubbly if you wanted. Juices poor quality though.
Ate in the restaurant one evening. Very quiet but good and well presented food.Just lacked atmosphere.
The hotel is well positioned for the old town. Bar seemed to close early. I would stay there again knowing what to expect

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank goostreygal
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the positive as well as the negative critique!

Your honesty and constructiveness is fair and I am grateful for this.
Although I have different views of Savoy Boutique Hotel I accept yours and will be more than happy to see you again and try to show us on a better side.

Until then best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions. I have to say, literally in every way, this is an amazing hotel!! First the location, it is very well situated in the hystoric Old Town, and is close to all the major restaurants which serve delicious traditional food, fun bars, and other hystoric architecture. You cannot beat this location! Next the service - absolutely impecable! All the staff are so friendly and incredibly helpful! They all speak exellent English, plus Russian as well (which I personally found to be very helpful :) ) The decor is modern with a hint of traditional Estonian elements arranged in a truly artistic manner. The rooms are very tastful, with all the modern amenities which you would expect from a high caliber accomodation, and are very comftable as well! Me and my partner absolutely adored the bathroom which is once again quite artsy and we found the the idea of shutters on the windows also a very nice touch as well. The color schemes of beige, earthy brown tones and textured walls provides a very comftable environment to relax in. Lastly, the bar and the breakfast settings are very stylish and the waiting staff are the friendliest people I had the pleasure of speaking to out of all the hotels that I have been in. In conclusion, I cannot say a single bad thing about this place as it is now one of my favourite parts of Tallinn and I will be sure to stay there again the next time I'm there :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria K

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for this comment!

I cannot tell you how inspiring this kind of feedback is to all of us here at Savoy Boutique Hotel.
It is always exiting to see a first timer to be so pleased with our service but to hear from you after multiple visits is an even bigger honor.

Thank you for these emotions you brought with your kind words!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Top staff, atmosphere and location. Can warmly recommend to travelers who want to have a homy, but still luxurious stay. Tasty breakfast, but sometimes slow food. The personnel at the hotel (both reception and bar) helped with all questions and were even offering a PC to use.

Room Tip: Corner room at the 5th floor had a balcony and a beautiful view over the roofs