“We Enjoyed This Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Vilnius, Lithuania
“We Enjoyed This Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it. The location is great, within a 5 minute walk to the old town central square, but also within a 2 minute walk of a large shopping center where you can buy just about anything you could need. Restaurants are all over the place. And there is a concierge parking nearby (20 euros per night).

The room was nice and comfortable. We had requested baby bed and one was actually there when we entered the room (no reminders were necessary, which is very rare). The receptionists on staff during the weekdays were quite good (though the weekend girl seemed like she had never been in Tallinn before. She told us that on Sunday evening after 10pm no restaurants would be open in the old town, but when we walked through the town, we found no shortage of restaurants).

The breakfast room was very nice, but small. The food offered was good quality but limited. However, when we asked for cappuccinos instead of the standard drip coffee, they were brought with a smile (and no extra charge).

Overall, we were more than satisfied with this hotel. The location was perfect, the price in line with the quality and the service was overall very good. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and were quite happy there. There is only one tiny elevator, but that pr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eugene E
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Americannj,
Thank you for your warm post!

These kind of letters are what motivate us here at Savoy Boutique Hotel to thrive for improvement.
I am eager to see you here again in the future to show you our gratitude with a warm welcome again.

Until the next time!
Edith Mihkelson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great location close to old town. Bars nearby noisy at night and when people leaving. Building construction noise opposite so could hardly open windows. Friendly reception staff and knowledgable in restaurant recommendations. No interconnecting rooms and after not providing rooms next to each other as promised, they apologised with a plate of fruit for each room. Noisy air conditioning and not cold. Room facing street is quite hot from afternoon sun. Nice bathroom but towels are worn and need replacing and very high bath is dangerous when climbing in and out of.Security poor as 1 night, despite having the door locked, someone unlocked door and entered room, only to realise they had made a mistake and shut the door. After ringing staff immediately, they apologised saying a staff member had mixed up the room ...not good. Breakfast was set in restaurant, lovely atmosphere and good selection of food. Some staff unfriendly and more interested in tidying up near kitchen rather than serving customers. Good priced rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floor and not facing Main Street so not noisy and not hot
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen1964Sydney
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Jen,

Thank you for the overview!

I am glad that there were many things about our hotel that you enjoyed as I am concerned about the things you found lacking in quality.
I assure you that we will thrive to improve every day as we have done up until today, too and hopefully we can deliver your dream stay when you decide to stay here again.

La Colle sur Loup, France
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Having started a 5-day stay at this hotel last night, and been impressed so far by the quality of thhe room and the standard of the establishment, I had intended to write a glowing report to Trip-Advisor at the end of our stay; However, I have just stopped in the bar after dinner this-evening and asked for a digestif. I was offered only sweet liqueurs, to which I responded "don't you have anything dry like a grappa?" A barman was called and he said "Yes - I have this grappa" - holding up a bottle which I didn't recognise, but saw the word 'Grappa' so agreed. A very small glass was served - at room temperature!! - and I drank it. It was a reasonable grappa but served far too warm. I called for the bil - 18€ !!!! - I asked "are you sure that is right?" and was assured that it was!! "I could have a meal for this price " I offered - "Yes, I know" was the giggled reply.

My advice: AVOID this hotel bar!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RonIngrid
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Ron and Ingrid,

Thank you for your feedback!

Seeing that you enjoyed our restaurant MEKK and our service plus rooms, I assume that you were more than pleased with the quality we provided to you, overall. However I can understand your concern about the grappa-incindent.

I hope that you can find an understanding for us and can still keep a memory about your trip that is full of enjoyment.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here recently and loved this hotel. It's in a great position on the edge of the medieval town and my room was lovely. Quite spacious, simply but elegantly furnished and a nice bathroom.

My only gripe is that the breakfast buffet was a bit lacking in nice things like pastries and the staff serving breakfast would rather polish cutlery than come and offer teas and coffees.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am grateful for the positive notes as well as your critique. It is our first and foremost goal to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome here and our service, by the sound of it, could have been more thoughtful. I hope you can understand the situation of our staff as well, though. The polishing of the cutlery is also a nuance that is done for your best interests.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a good position at the entrance to the old town. The rooms are comfortable, big beds, plenty of room and a good bathroom. Breakfast was excellent and I imagine dinner in the 9th out of 50 top restaurants in Tallinn would be good too. We ate elsewhere on our short trip. One small downside, there is building work across the street. That aside this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff E
Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your kind words!

I am very glad that you found your stay here enjoyable and cannot wait to have you here at Savoy Boutique Hotel again.

By then, hopefully the construction that bothered you a bit will be finished as well.

Kindly,
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Savoy Boutique Hotel is a very nice place in an ideal area for exploring Old Town Tallinn. I agree with other reviewers who say it's a four-star hotel, not five. Our room was a little on the cramped side, but that is not surprising in a charming, historic building. Good breakfast spread in a nice dining room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ProNomad33062
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your opinion!

I am pleased that you found our hotel a good place to stay while in Tallinn and even took the time to "consult" with the other tripadvisor comments, too.

All the best,
Athens, GA
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel needs to get its act together. The good of this hotel: a good location at the bottom end of old town within two blocks of a shopping center with a large supermarket in the basement, comfortable beds, a clean room, an adequate breakfast, and a reasonable price for its star rating. The bad of this hotel: the air conditioning was very poor and the raised tub/shower in the bathroom was extremely difficult to enter/exit (I am 6'3''). This will be a safety concern for older guests. The ugly: upon checking into the hotel the opening the door to my room with my key card I encountered a couple already occupying the room. This kind of mistake should never happen and is an inexcusable error in software/general management. This makes my second complaint almost seem minor--on my second day I left my room at 9:00 am and returned at 3:00 pm (to get ready for an early morning flight) to find the room unserviced.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank athensofga
Dear guest,

Thank you for your notes!

As you can imagine, your feedback would worry us a great bit. I apologize to you as this is certainly something that should never happen to our guests.

I hope you will find it in you to understand and forgive us because I assure you these kind of shortcomings are not something we are tolerant about as well.

Hopefully we can make it up to you in the future!