“My love for the Savoy”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Yes you can call this the center of Tallinn. You cannot find a better location than this period. The hotel is nice inside but lack many rooms with a bath tub. The bar and lounge are warm and cozy on a cold winter night also with a good food menu. The wifi is so so but the beds are nice also.
The only negative is the hotel sits in front of the busiest party street in Estonia. Savoy should use its power to try curb this noise and ask city council to get it under control. I have stayed here about 6 times.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MCLocal
TallinnHotels, Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your suggestions!

As a matter of fact, we are constanlty consulting with our neighbours as well as the city council to find a solution. But as you said, it is the busiest street in Tallinn and unfortunately the best location for a hotel matches where it stands.

Looking forward to the seventh time you are here!

Edith Mihkelson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights and couldn't ask for a nicer hotel in a great location, just on the edge of the old town, close to shops, restaurants and attractions. On arrival we were greeted by two very polite and friendly reception staff who made us feel right at home, check in was a breeze. If fact during our whole stay the entire hotel staff were great, polite, helpful and friendly. We had a standard double room which was clean, fresh and very well sized, standard size bathroom but very very nice. Back down in the reception there were large cozy settee's and chairs and a warm fire, fresh fruit was also available on the coffee tables if you cared for it. The dinning room was laid out nice, but seemed a bit small for the hotel as it got very busy at breakfast and guests had to wait for tables to become free. If there was one thing I had to moan about it would be the tea and coffee facilities in the room, they didn't get replaced while toiletries did and we had to ask at reception to get these replaced, such a little thing but if I had to moan about something that is all I could come up with. On the day of our departure it was raining and we had some time to kill and my wife wanted a last look around, so the hotel supplied us with umbrellas. That shows the quality of this hotel, we've stayed at a lot of top quality hotels and there aren't that many that supply umbrellas for guest use. Would I stay at this hotel again the answer is 'in a blink of an eye'

Room Tip: Our room was 405, it overlooked the front of the hotel and was a large size room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrssalw
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see you respond in such manner! Thank you for that!
Your kind words will deffinately help us thrive at work and stay in good shape.

There is no question about whether we would like to have you back, absolutely, in a blink of an eye! :)

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights for my partners birthday, and it was a lovely hotel, situated close to all attractions.

I emailed the hotel prior to our stay to request an upper floor room as I had read about street noise being a problem. I received very polite commications back from the hotel and our room had no noise problem as was on the top floor as requested. The room 601 faced the sea and had beautiful views over the rooftops and we took lovely nighttime photos.

The bathroom in our room was well fitted, but there was a constant faint sewage smell. I just sprayed lots of perfume, so it didn't bother.

The bed was so comfortable in the room I and the room was very clean and cleaning staff efficiently serviced the room,

Breakfast was lovely, very relaxed atmosphere, plenty of choice and the waiting staff were very attentive with hot drinks service.

Only disappointment was a cake I ordered for my partners birthday prior to our stay. I agreed to have a cheesecake made for €20. It was delivered to our room at the time requested with a candle in it. A nice way to start the day! However the cake was very small and tasted revolting ( I don't use that word lightly) . It was totally inedible, whoever cleaned the room after we left will have removed the full cake. This waa such a shame, the cake didn't look very nice , no icing saying hapoy birthday or anything. But had it tasted nice, it wouldn't have mattered. The disappointment was furthered by entering the breakfast buffet and finding the same cheescake in bite size pieces every day. I felt a bit cheated, having paid €20 for a non special cake that is provided free at breakfast. I didn't complain as it was my partners birthday abd I didn't want to cayse a bad atmosphere on a special trip for him.

That aside, we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend the hotel. Tallinn is a lovely city with many beautiful places to explore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rainbowrover2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comprehensive comment!

It is nice to see that you were pleased with your trip, although it is embarrassing that we had a slight misstep exactly on the wrong day of your visit.

Hopefully the good times will be remembered better by you!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We chose the Savoy Boutique Hotel because we prefer to stay in smaller hotels and it was in the old town. We requested a high floor and we were given a room at the top of the hotel with views over the rooftops to the sea. Unfortunately, there was a bad smell from the bathroom. We were instantly offered another room or the cleaners to sort the problem. We did not like the room offered as it was at the front over the bar and as it was the weekend we thought it might be noisy. We were a bit sceptical that the smell could be sorted but, sure enough, on our return later in the afternoon the smell had gone never to return.
The breakfast has a wide choice of hot and cold food, certainly enough to set you up for a day's exploration of Tallinn. We also had cocktails in the bar which were good value in comfortable, modern surroundings. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. A beautiful, comfortable hotel just 5 minutes walk from the town square. We would recommend the Savoy Boutique Hotel to any visitor wishing to explore Tallinn.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and rooms at the rear of the hotel for extra quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words!

It was a pleasure to host you here at Savoy Botuique Hotel and we are already looking forward to the next time!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

One of the best hotel experiences. We had kids with us (babysitter got sick) and it was a slow night so they upgraded us to the suite even without request. The extra space was just great and we got a good night's sleep.

The room was excellent. Breakfast very good. Location is nice. Staff friendly. Atmosphere as it should be.

Only thing that is good to know is that noise from the street (if there is any) is audible in the room, so if you are a light sleeper and there is nightlife season, you might not like it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jarkko M

Dear Jarkko,
Thank you very much for your letter!

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at Savoy Boutique Hotel. Let me assure you that your kind words towards our service will be passed on to our hard-working staff, also.
All of us are looking forward to have you back and greet you with a warm welcome to Tallinn.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Rooms and common area's in the Savoy are beautiful, staff is friendly and helpful, very nice breakfast. Location is in the old town, but, is situated where the taxi's pick up as they cannot drive in to the old town so all night long hoards of young people, most of them drunk and loud are in front of the hotel to catch cabs leaving bars and night clubs. Most of the crowd would be gone by about 5 in the morning Even with the double panes windows, very hard to get a restful night sleep

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Andy,
Thank you for your feedback!

Your positive notes as well as your suggestions will surely be helpful for our everyday job here at Savoy Boutique Hotel
I am looking forward to have you here again and to present you an even better experience.

Greetings,

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This great boutique hotel in the Old Town of Tallinn gets it all right. Its perfect location is just the start, ideally situated within walking distance of everything you'll want to see in Old Town, and right near the city walls to explore everything outside Old Town. The staff are friendly and rather helpful. The breakfast spread is relaxed and ample. My room was great -- not too big, not too small, and fairly soundproof, with a modern spa-like bathroom. And it was all offered at a very fair price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jet39

Dear guest,

Thank you for your warm post!

These kind of letters are exactly what motivates us here at … to thrive for improvement.
I am eager to see you here again in the future to show you our gratitude with a warm welcome again.

Until the next time!