“Christmas delight”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great hotel in a superb location. They accomodate our dog too! The most helpful staff, special thanks for helping us find a veterinarian (for echinococcosis medication, before leaving Estonia), and for searching Christmas events.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TallinnHotels, Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear File,

Thank you for your comment!
I am glad to see that you were happy with our accommodation as well as the service.

This is how we manage to put an effort every day - because of kind words from people like you.
I am already looking forward to have you back at Savoy.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights at the Savoy, and what a wonderful place it is too. The staff were most obliging and the hotel spotlessly clean. The rooms are well laid out and have an in room safe at no extra charge. Coffee/tea making facilities were provided and replenished each day. It would have been nice to be provided with some dried milk but the supermarket was nearby and fresh milk could then be kept in the fridge. The bathroom was well equipped and shampoo etc replenished regularly. There was even under floor heating which was great. We would like to have seen a couple of hooks in the bathroom to hang wet towels. There was one just above the hairdryer but hanging a towel on that would have covered the dryer. There was another but that would only take one towel. Another item we would have liked was an over bath washing line.
Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The selection of juices were wonderful and you could even have a 'bucks fizz'. Cereals, toast, cold meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, sausages, bacon and scrambled egg were plentiful and the 'hot' choices were just that - hot.
The location of the hotel was ideal for both the old and the new town. We would thoroughly recommend this accommodation. Well done.

Room Tip: A view over the front of the hotel would be my choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Tufty,

Thank you for your very pleasant feedback!

It is nice to see that you found it in you to write such a comprehensive comment on us. I am absolutely thrilled by your kind words and we will surely try to improve based on your suggestions, also.

Kind regards and happy holidays!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was unlucky forgetting an important bag in the cab on the arrival at the hotel. With lots of efforts by the staff at the hotel, they had the staff at the airpport to look through the video tapes in order to identify the cab, and there after called the police to search for the cab. I had never thought that I would get the bag back, but i did thanks to fantastic helpful people!
The hotel was beautiful and the location was perfect in the old part of the town, walking distance to the Christmas market and to lots of cosy restaurants. We'll be back!

Room Tip: It's quite busy outside the hotel, ask for a room away from traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inger95
TallinnHotels, Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Inger!

Thank you very much four your post!

I am happy that we could be of help during your visit. Of course it is even better that you also enjoyed your stay at Savoy!

Until the next time!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Four 'girlfriends' (all in our 60s) choseTallinn and this hotel recently for a short, different, winter break - very good value indeed on an EasyJet deal! The hotel is only 15 mins from the airport, on the edge of the Old Town. As others say, it is warm, cosy, stylish and modern inside, making the most of the interesting old building.
I had emailed to ask for two twin quiet rooms on a higher floor. 507 had no bath but a good wet room shower. My room, 508, had a delightful large and very light bathroom with views over the rooftops. with excellent bath. What it didn't have was a wardrobe with any hanging space - very wierd! We opened the doors to the fitted wardrobe to find the right side had shelves with a safe, but the left side had just one solid wall of wood! We actually spent some time trying to open this till we realised it was a false wall backing onto the bathroom. Half a dozen hangers on hooks on the wall near the door were where clothes had to be hung up - bizarre! The room could also have done with a mirror and alarm clock in the bedroom, but was otherwise very comfortable, and immaculately clean.
We were fortunate in some ways to be staying in these rooms from Sunday to Wednesday in November as they were reasonably quiet at night, though the large windows faced a very large loud nightclub which was noisy on one night in particular, and did keep us awake. I would imagine on Friday and Saturdays and especially in the summer it would be difficult to sleep in any room facing the front of the hotel as we were.
Staff were all very polite and helpful. Breakfasts were excellent with a tasty choice of fresh fruit, yoghourts, smoked salmon, cheese, plus all the usual hot dishes, and champagne, to start the day. The wine choice, snacks and desserts from the bar were good. We chose to eat at restaurants in the Old Town just because they were a bit more atmospheric than the hotel restaurant - I would imagine the food would be good there though.
So, overall, an excellent hotel in which to stay to explore the lovely Old Town.

Room Tip: Noise from the square and large nightclub outsider could be annoying. Ask for a room on a higher flo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Susie,

Thank you for your attention!

Your suggestions will surely be very helpful, surely for alla of us here at Savoy!
It was nice to change letters with youm hopefully we will meet the next time you are here in Tallinn!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Yes you can call this the center of Tallinn. You cannot find a better location than this period. The hotel is nice inside but lack many rooms with a bath tub. The bar and lounge are warm and cozy on a cold winter night also with a good food menu. The wifi is so so but the beds are nice also.
The only negative is the hotel sits in front of the busiest party street in Estonia. Savoy should use its power to try curb this noise and ask city council to get it under control. I have stayed here about 6 times.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MCLocal

Dear guest,

Thank you for your suggestions!

As a matter of fact, we are constanlty consulting with our neighbours as well as the city council to find a solution. But as you said, it is the busiest street in Tallinn and unfortunately the best location for a hotel matches where it stands.

Looking forward to the seventh time you are here!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights and couldn't ask for a nicer hotel in a great location, just on the edge of the old town, close to shops, restaurants and attractions. On arrival we were greeted by two very polite and friendly reception staff who made us feel right at home, check in was a breeze. If fact during our whole stay the entire hotel staff were great, polite, helpful and friendly. We had a standard double room which was clean, fresh and very well sized, standard size bathroom but very very nice. Back down in the reception there were large cozy settee's and chairs and a warm fire, fresh fruit was also available on the coffee tables if you cared for it. The dinning room was laid out nice, but seemed a bit small for the hotel as it got very busy at breakfast and guests had to wait for tables to become free. If there was one thing I had to moan about it would be the tea and coffee facilities in the room, they didn't get replaced while toiletries did and we had to ask at reception to get these replaced, such a little thing but if I had to moan about something that is all I could come up with. On the day of our departure it was raining and we had some time to kill and my wife wanted a last look around, so the hotel supplied us with umbrellas. That shows the quality of this hotel, we've stayed at a lot of top quality hotels and there aren't that many that supply umbrellas for guest use. Would I stay at this hotel again the answer is 'in a blink of an eye'

Room Tip: Our room was 405, it overlooked the front of the hotel and was a large size room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrssalw
TallinnHotels, Hotel manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see you respond in such manner! Thank you for that!
Your kind words will deffinately help us thrive at work and stay in good shape.

There is no question about whether we would like to have you back, absolutely, in a blink of an eye! :)

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights for my partners birthday, and it was a lovely hotel, situated close to all attractions.

I emailed the hotel prior to our stay to request an upper floor room as I had read about street noise being a problem. I received very polite commications back from the hotel and our room had no noise problem as was on the top floor as requested. The room 601 faced the sea and had beautiful views over the rooftops and we took lovely nighttime photos.

The bathroom in our room was well fitted, but there was a constant faint sewage smell. I just sprayed lots of perfume, so it didn't bother.

The bed was so comfortable in the room I and the room was very clean and cleaning staff efficiently serviced the room,

Breakfast was lovely, very relaxed atmosphere, plenty of choice and the waiting staff were very attentive with hot drinks service.

Only disappointment was a cake I ordered for my partners birthday prior to our stay. I agreed to have a cheesecake made for €20. It was delivered to our room at the time requested with a candle in it. A nice way to start the day! However the cake was very small and tasted revolting ( I don't use that word lightly) . It was totally inedible, whoever cleaned the room after we left will have removed the full cake. This waa such a shame, the cake didn't look very nice , no icing saying hapoy birthday or anything. But had it tasted nice, it wouldn't have mattered. The disappointment was furthered by entering the breakfast buffet and finding the same cheescake in bite size pieces every day. I felt a bit cheated, having paid €20 for a non special cake that is provided free at breakfast. I didn't complain as it was my partners birthday abd I didn't want to cayse a bad atmosphere on a special trip for him.

That aside, we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend the hotel. Tallinn is a lovely city with many beautiful places to explore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rainbowrover2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comprehensive comment!

It is nice to see that you were pleased with your trip, although it is embarrassing that we had a slight misstep exactly on the wrong day of your visit.

Hopefully the good times will be remembered better by you!
Kind regards,