“Comfortable boutique hotel; great breakfasts”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Comfortable boutique hotel; great breakfasts”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely, comfortable stylish boutique hotel in good location a couple of minutes walk from the market square. Very clean, light airy room with very comfortable bed. A little noisy at night with noise from the street and bars, but with earplugs it was not a problem.
Excellent buffet breakfasts. Had supper twice in the bar area which was relaxed and informal, and on one rainy evening there was a welcoming fire lit. The meals were not cheap, and the helpings were not huge, but it was nicely presented and very delicious.
All the staff spoke excellent English and were helpful.

1 Thank anonymous-aylesbury
TallinnHotels, Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for the review!
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed staying at Savoy Boutique Hotel.

All your kind words will lead to more positive emotions shared here with us and the future guests and we will be more than happy to have you back any time you feel like visiting Tallinn again.

Until the I wish you all the best!
Edith Mihkelson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tallinn
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel's location is good, quiet and close to everything. Small but stylish rooms and a great breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Kirsi M
Dear Kirsi,

Thank you for your four short but important points!
That will surely be helpful for some of the other users when visiting Tallinn.

Until the next time!
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is our fourth visit to Savoy so we kind of knew what to expect from Savoy. I am writing this review just to ensure others that Savoy is still one of the best boutique hotels in Tallinn. This time we spent 3 nights and had friends with us, so I can share photos from 2 different rooms. Ours was 302, corner end room, facing the street. No complaints. Our friends had 601, in the top floor, elevator only reaching 5th floor. Room faced back yard, or actually rooftops and even sea is visible. Extremely quiet except for the rain rumming the roofs made of metal.
We had a note (with our names on it) from the hotel management and a fruit & chocolate plate welcoming us back, which is something they seem to do for returning guests, since our friends only had a general note on their table (they were 1st time at Savoy).
Breakfast was even better than before, as sparkling wine served. Little busy at nineish, but nothing serious. Had to wait for coffee for some time since the waitresses were busy.
I cannot praise their service enough, it was impeccable and extremely friendly and helpful at front desk and everywhere else, too. Even evening turndown service was offered, which is rare these days. Good level of English spoken as well as some Finnish and Russian, as far as I can tell. During our stay, customers were from Italy, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Russia etc, so not just us Finns, who can behave badly when in Tallinn and when drunk (as we wittnessed somebody during breakfast). Even though weather was rather cool and rainy in June 2014, we managed to have very pleasant stay and will defenately return again.

2 Thank Mari6
Dear Mari,

Thank you very much!
I aprreciate your kind words very much and the fact that you took the time to write a review even though you have already been staying with us so many times.

All I can say is that we will be here for you for the fifth one!
Helsinki
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent one night at Savoy Boutique on a business trip.

The location was excellent - a short walk to the restaurants and sights of Old Town and also to Viru Keskus shopping mall.

We were a group of 19 people, and had booked double rooms (cost effectiveness). For that the hotel is not necessarily ideal, since most of the double rooms we had were furnished with double beds that you could not separate. It's not the hotel's fault that we had to share rooms, but this is something that is good to be aware of.

We had soup lunch at the hotel on the day of our arrival. The fish soup was ok, but I had so many bones in the fish that it made eating the soup a bit cumbersome, and the portion was pretty small. Service worked well.

The room my colleague and I shared (202) was on the second floor and faced the square in front of the hotel. We seemed to have some constant noise in the room, so I used earplugs all through the night. It wasn't too bad, but again something that is good to be aware of.

I appreciated fresh fruit slices at breakfast, and very good fruit juices as well. The breakfast buffet was not very big, but it offered just about everything I thought should be there. I went early, so had lot's of room. Due to the small space, it may be a bit challenging during the peak breakfast time. The waiters offer coffee at the table, but you can also ask for cappuccino or espresso; the waiters do not mention this proactively, which is why I missed it myself, and only realized that when I was just about finished with my breakfast and someone else ordered a cappuccino.

The meeting room we had was below street level, so the room felt like it had no windows, even though it did actually have small windows close to the ceiling. The meeting arrangements were ok, but the room was a bit tight for our group of 19. Again, not the hotel's fault as such, but good to be aware of.

I am struggling with whether to give this hotel "average/three stars" or "very good/four stars". Many things are well taken care of at this hotel, the rooms are cozy and comfortable, the bathroom well equipped. The noise I experienced at night may not bother everyone. The location was very good from many points of view. I ended up giving "very good" but with some reservations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sari L
Dear Sari,

Thank you for your suggestions and comments!

I am sure that many people will find your review a useful one and that you have helped a couple of them make a good choice of accommodation, even.

I sure do hope that you will visit us again and we can provide you with the five stars!
England
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a brilliantly located hotel for the old town. It's lovely and clean and we really enjoyed our breakfast every morning (at the weekend it's served until 11 which was a lovely bonus after a late night out) but service isn't particularly welcoming.
Unfortunately due to it's central location it is right by some very loud night spots and the local taxi rank. Your room has ear plugs in the bedside drawer but even with those and the thick glazing it is still loud and the beat from a local club was thumping through on the first night :-( I probably wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SwissSooosi
Dear SwissSooosi,

Thank you for your post!
I am sorry that you found the Old Town sounds a little bit too much for your taste. We are dealing with this concern constantly with our neighbours as well as the local government and some progress has been made time to time.

I hope you do decide to visit us again and find out that there is much more hidden in the Savoy Boutique Hotel than just the loud neighbours on weekends!

Canvey Island
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited the Savoy Boutique Hotel for our wedding anniversary. I e - mailed the hotel for them to put a bouquet of flowers in the room this they did. The Savoy Boutique Hotel rooms could not be faulted light and airy the only problem being it tends to get dark very late in Estonia making it essential you closed the shutters. The staff could not do enough for you making sure you enjoy your stay you could even have Champagne and smoked salmon for breakfast if you wished.
Please keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Room 405 gives a view over the front of the hotel
Dear Alan,

Thank you for your kind words!
I am very excited to see that you were enjoying your anniversary here at Savoy Boutique Hotel.

And I will promise you, we will keep up the good work. Why not for your coming anniversaries? :)

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It's hard to imagine that there's a better hotel in Tallinn. The Savoy Boutique Hotel is charming, authentic, and convenient. Located right in Old Town, the location can't be beat. It's a 3 minute walk to the Old Town Square and it's possible to walk to the far side of Old Town in about 10 minutes. The Tallinn Opera House is across the street as are numerous bus and tram lines if you're keen to explore "modern" Tallinn.

The hotel itself is authentic and charming in every way that a big, business hotel is not. The rooms are spacious, clean, and finished with an exceptional attention to detail. From the stucco walls to the granite counters in the bathroom, to the double-pane windows; everything seems to be outfitted with quality. I had a room at the back of the hotel, on the third floor, so it overlooked the rooftops of Tallinn (rooms at the front would overlook a little square). I had three large windows; all which opened easily to let in fresh air and the sounds of the city. Free Wi-Fi (at a good, reasonable connection speed), an in-room safe, plenty of bath gels and shampoos made the room perfectly comfortable. Housekeeping was fantastic and provided turn-down service late in the afternoon.

Beyond the room, the hotel had a great restaurant for breakfast (included in my rate) and a fantastic bar with outdoor seating. The breakfast in the morning was a full-spread; it would be difficult to find a fault with it. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful throughout the stay.

There really is no need to look further. The Savoy Boutique Hotel is a great place to stay if you're going to spend a few days in Tallinn.

Room Tip: Rooms 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 (and 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, etc.) have great views across a small sq...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear ModernDayNomad,

Wow! Thank you so much for this positive energy you sprayed all over us!
I cannot even begin to describe what it feels for a hotel staff to see something that rewarding as your review was.

You can sure bet that you are always welcome back any time!