“Reasonably priced - average experience”

Kalev Spa Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #24 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Vantaa, Finland
“Reasonably priced - average experience”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The spa holiday was reasonably priced and massage service was ok. Breakfast was average both in taste and selection. Visited several times the spa, our 10 year old kid liked the slides. At one visit my spa cabinet was emptied while I was in the spa. Fortunately there was only the towel and bathrobe in it. As I asked help with this I was told that it was my fault and I am unable to use the cabinets correctly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Heinola, Finland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Me my mother, son and husband take a one night trip to Tallinn for the Titanic exibithion. Because we have a car with us and my 9-year old boy likes to swim choose Kalev Spa to spent a over night.
We had two double rooms, which were merged with a connecting door. This arrangement worked perfectly. Vinyl flooring in the rooms was a bit shabby, but rooms were clean. Breakfast was ok, nothing luxurious, but twe went out of hunger.

Spa was a bit ramblin, but we manage with that. We went to the spa in the evening and in the morning, and both times it was nice. Pools were suitable and there weren't too much people in the spa, Winter landscape from the Spa,s window was so beautiful
. I recommend for families with children, our boy enjoyed this trip a lot.

Room Tip: We ha ve two double rooms with connection door. I think that's a good arrangement for many famil...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked our room just 2 days before the trip. Even thou room was quite small ( it was the last one ) , it had great view from our bath window. Room was clean, nice furniture. We liked SPA a lot. Big 50m long swimming pool, bubble baths, saunas and couple water slides. Good food selection at breakfast Buffet.

Room Tip: Ask rooms on the 2nd floor and higher. Those on the 1st one are located near pools and SPA goers are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked a day spa visit with my boyfriend. Booking on the phone was ok but when we get there absolutely no service was given. The staff basically do their best to ignore the guests. The building is like a labyrinth and the signs are very unclear. The "spa" is a swimming hall with LOTS of chlorine (allergic reaction occured). Massage is ok is you don't expect any relief for sore muscles. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PiaVii
Pori, Finland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went there for mini-spa holiday with friends. Room was ok, not the cleanest one, but I've been in worse. But the waterpark... Unfortunately it was dirty and when we went for a morning swim, the smell of mold in the showering area was obvious.

The buffet restaurant wasn't that good experience either. Bad food and worn out dining room didn't really invite to go and eat there on the second day. Breakfast wasn't the best one, everything looked like it had been on the plates a bit too long...

Spa treatments were nice, and affordable, so just for the treatments and sleeping in the room the hotel is nice.

Location is excellent, though. The hotel is right next to the old city, where you can find great cafes and restaurants with nice food and drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank IceQueen82
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights with my wife and our 2 kids (4 years and ½ year old). We made booking through hotels.com, we paid 85€/night in bigger Spa Class room. Not a bad deal at all considering the location which is right next to old town + free access to spa.

Rooms were basic, nothing extra but on the other hand no disappointments either. Based on what kind of economic rooms (cheapest rooms they have) I saw, economic room is same as Spa class room except that there is big corridor leading into the inner room at Spa class rooms. We stored our trollers in that corridor but otherwise I recommend staying in economic class rooms, they are the same but little bit cheaper. During our stay some rooms were being renovated which disturbed us a little bit, but maybe the rooms will look nicer in the future...

Breakfast was good, normal selection of youghurt, cerials, porridge, bread, eggs, sausages and so one. The "spa" in this place is actually big indoor swimming area, there is huge 50m long big swimming pool + two kids pool and 3 bubble baths. Our children loved the place and we went to swim 5 times in 3 days :)

I could not find slippers, so if you plan to do swimming I reccomend taking your own flip-lops or similar. In the hotel there is also beaty salong, my wife went and liked a lot. Prices were quite okay, only a little bit more expensive than smaller salongs nearby.

We had a car with us, parking outside the hotel was 12€/24h.

Great stay, we will definitely come back next time when we visit Tallin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We did not stay overnight here, but we went to the spa several times. The saunas were fine, but the best thing is the spa treatments at great prices. Massages are 30 euro per hour here, and they're quite good. The staff are not very good at explaining things, but they are nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple