“Unique and lovely!”

Espoo, Finland
“Unique and lovely!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Would have rated "Excellent" if:
- better coffee at breakfast,
- trash bin at room additional to the bathroom.
But, as You can read - it's trivial! Except the coffee ;)

Quiet and comfortable with exceptionally friendly receptionist!

And what makes CRU unique: the hotel was fully booked, but we saw not another guest than one lady at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
Jarvenpaa, Finland
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Great location at the centre of the Old Town. Many stairs, so not suitable for disabled people.
Room was very nice and clean but there were no air conditioning so it got very hot at night. Every room in different and so very interesting. Service was good and the breakfast was excellent! I recommend this!

• Stayed July 2013
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had to call someone from our family sleeping in this hotel ..
After having called 10 minutes the first time spelling out the name of the person we wanted to reach several times, we were told that they couldn't find anyone with this name and that there was no booking at all.
Being a bit worried, we called back 1 hour later to double-check the information, here again it took 10 minutes to the receptionnist to finally find the name we had spelled out several times, but then she told us that she couldn't pass us through because it was allegedly impossible to connect to the room.(!!...)
When we asked her to make the person come down to the lobby to talk to him, the receptionist refused and told that OUR PARENT should call us back .
From an external point of view, we would definitely not recommended this hotel which is not in line with a 4-star-hotel standard in terms of service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Théophane S
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I don't know if the signs are small or I just wasnt paying attention, but there didn't seem to be many hotels right in old town. cru is in a great location, around the corner from the main square. it's an old building with maze-like corridors and cute, unique rooms. mine was an attic one with sloped ceilings. breakfast was very good. my only complaints are that the outlet was almost impossible for me to reach (I had to stand on the table) and the was no towel hook. highly recommended and very reasonably priced.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yrstruly
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have to start with the lovely entrance to the magnificent old building transferred to a little cozy hotel just took my breath away. I have to admit that I didn’t know what to expect regarding to the fact that my boyfriend had booked and fixed everything to celebrate my birthday, but I also have to say that at least I didn’t get disappointed.

We were warmly welcomed even though we arrived in the middle of the night by a lovely receptionist that had taken care of everything that my boyfriend had asked for, and a little out of the list too. There were 9 wonderful roses waiting for me and the cold champagne just made the things even better. The receptionist even took in consideration what I would like to have for my birthday breakfast when she noticed that maybe the man in the house had forgotten some important details. The only thing that I can complain about is that the room wasn’t exactly what we (my boyfriend) had had in mind when he booked it, but the service covered all of that.

The following morning breakfast came in perfect time, we got some help with what to do and see in the old town of Tallinn and we also got some help in choosing a restaurant for the evening and booking a table. And let me remind you that this was a different receptionist than the one during our arrival.

One of the nicest things was that we even got to have the room a few hours longer without charge on our departure day, which meant a lot for us.

The only thing that actually disappointed us was that their so called Jacuzzi was just a small pool with so cold water that even a Finn hesitated quite a long time before entering.

All in all we were very pleased with our choice of hotel and we would like to thank the staff in the reception and the restaurant for great hospitality. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We've just come back few days ago from our trip to Tallinn and I really want to share our opinion with all of you about this hotel.
First of all, we were welcomed by receptionist Kirill and even greated by names that was already a kind of personal touch, although I knew that the hotel was full.
Everything what I asked in advance (very nice roses, bottle of sparkling wine and some cut fruits) were waitting for us in the room).
The room by itself is very cozy, it's exactly that room which we wanted to have and what we saw on the picture. There are a sitting area with comfortable sofa and table, working table, quite spacious mini bar fridge, flat screen TV set which you can watch from the sofa (could be actually great to have a possibility for turning it to the bed's direction as well), wardrobe ( isn't really big, but for us it's more than enough) and very comfortable bed (just one thing can make you upset, it's a twin bed with two mattresse which are covered together). There is a quite simple but nice bathroom with a shower, hitting floor and some local natural cosmetic. Unfortunately, we could notice it only on our last morning but if you're lucky with the weather, be sure that you'll wake-up in the room which is warm and full of sun.
We decided to check our hotel restaurant firstly before going and explore all other places in the city. It's a very nice experience, the menu's rather unusual, you can see a fusion of Estonian and French Fine cuisines, so it took some time for us to make a decision plus we get some recommedations from our waitress. By the end we were not disappointing at all: our food had an excellent taste and looked very attractive, service was extremely welcomed.
Breakfast's was served in the same restaurant, it's a buffet with a good variety of cold meat and fish cuts, hot dishes (you can order an omlet as well if you wish), cereals, fruits and even some home-made schnapps.
There is a SPA in the hotel, which is located on the basement floor and consists of swimming pool, Turkish and Finnish saunas, but the most exciting thing is that they close the whole SPA just for two of you! (You shoud just book it on the previous evening) And after all of that we get our breakfast in the room.
All the staff is very friendly, welcomed and professional.
Regarding the locationg, it's very difficult or even impossible to have a better location than Cru Hotel has. It's located in 2 minutes walking distance from the entrance to the Old Town where you can take a taxi and 1 minute walking distance to the main square with the tawn hall and all night spots (bars and clubs).

We'll definitely come back!

Room Tip: Deluxe Room N 15