“Absolutely perfect !”

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Stockholm, Sweden
“Absolutely perfect !”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Perfect hotel with the very best service. Kind and professional staff.
We were 10 golfers from Sweden and the hotels director of Sales Mr Anton Jolkin and the staff gave us a formidable service and helped us with the golf course, transfers, restaurants and everything else during 3 days.
On top of this we had perfect and quiet rooms at the hotel situated in the middle of the old town of Tallinn.
Golf players - come to Telegraaf Hotel and Estonian Golf & CC!.
Lars Alvestrand

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My honeyboney took me to a beautiful getaway for a weekend to Tallinn and chose Telegraf hotel, locationwise it is perfect, close to the ferry harbor and the old town. The room was all in red and black colors with old telephones as in the old times, was both cool yet very elegant. We used the spa though in summer days, the pool is not big but worth a morning dip combined with a nice relax in the sauna...

Staff service-minded to the highest level. We enjoyed breakfast, though didnt have a dinner and I still pity over it. This justifies the reason to come back and dine in Telegraf.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SultaNova
Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Its the second time that i stayed here at Telegraaf Hotel and once again it was a pleasure to be here. Im not perfect in writing big essays, so i will bring it directly to the point:
Service: Excellent
Staff : Very very friendly and professional
Rooms: Very big, modern, elegant arranged rooms and very clean !!!
Location: Directly in the middle of the old town of tallinn, all the big historic sites are just a walk away.
Altogether it is the place to stay, if you want to visit Tallinn !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicolas K
scotland
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Room on 6th floor - views over spires to harbour and from the corridor on the other side past the Town Hall tower up to the Russian cathedral at the top of the old town was absolutely breathtaking. Even before we arrived the staff were most helpful and welcoming and since we arrived late, we decided to accept the pick up at 20€ - it was worth it. A visiting president arrived at the same time as us which added to the romance of the situation. Apart from frayed and hard towels, the other in room facilities were good but a trouser press and tea and coffee making facilities in room would have been good. The restaurant staff were most helpful and we would recommend dinner in the evening and even the taster menu which was sublime but sturgeon was on the menu and they didn't have it. We ghot it the next night. Live trio was very good. At all times all staff were exceptionally helpful and the location of the hotel -right beside the main square of the old town yet very peaceful -was unsurpassed.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 6th floor if you want the best view or the 5th which will not have coombed ceilings.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hjoerring
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Excellent room and room facilities.
A first class Restaurant with excellent service. Very fine decoration. Very fine live music entertainment in the evening.
An excellent pool, spa and sauna facilities.
Excellent location in the centre of the Old Town.

Room Tip: We had an Executive Room on 3rd Floor. The size and the facilities were excellent.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My friends and I decided to head to Tallinn before it switched to the Euro. I found this hotel on tripadvisor and immediately booked it. Upon my arrival out of the -10C weather, I was greeted with a cup of tea and a quick check in. The room was beautiful and had heated floors in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, but moved during sleep. There was free Wi-Fi which was helpful. I am stickler for a clean bathroom, and it was always spotless. I did not watch much TV, but all the customary channels were available (CNN, BBC, MTV). The pool and spa is great as I used it one morning. The hotel is centrally located in the old city so it is convenient to everything. The best part of the day was breakfast, there was everything from smoked salmon to pancakes and of course champagne. Overall, it was an excellent experience and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My husband and I, along with 2 friends, have just returned from a 4 night stay in the Telegraaf hotel. I had booked it as a treat for my husband's upcoming 60th birthday. All 4 of us absolutely loved the hotel and we couldn't have asked for a better location. It's inside the old town walls and just a stone's throw from the main square.

When I was booking the hotel I mentioned that it was a treat for my husband and, without hesitation, we were upgraded to a superior room in the "old" wing. It was a room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the cobbled street below, and it was lovely to open the window in the morning and watch life going on outside-people strolling around, having coffee etc. The area around the hotel is largely pedestrianised ( cars and taxis can just about make it to the hotel door for drop-off and pick-up) but, having said that, it's a very calm and quiet area and we never heard a sound at night.

Breakfast was included in our package and was very good-juices, cereals, cold meats, cheese,variety of breads, salads etc. We don't tend to eat hot cooked breakfasts on holiday but I did treat myself to some pancakes the last morning! Yogurt was available but not natural yogurt as far as I could see.

The bed was large and very comfortable and I loved all the "Elemis" products in the bathroom. I did feel the towels could have been softer and fluffier for a 5 star hotel but that's the only negative thing I can say about the whole experience. We were all struck by how young the staff seemed to be but all were very pleasant and capable.

I treated myself to the "lime and ginger body treatment" which was on special offer for 50 euro with a self tan treatment as a free extra bonus. Really enjoyed that!

Tallinn itself was a lovely surprise-I hadn't known what to expect but we loved it all.The hotel is ideally placed for visiting the old town and we really enjoyed strolling around the cobbled streets. We seemed to discover some new corner every day. If you visit Freedom Square just outside the old town, climb the steps to the viewing point at the top and sit down for a coffee or an ice-cream at the little cafe up there. We sat there the last morning basking in the sunshine and almost 30 degrees. We were blessed with beautiful weather for the 5 days-it was getting warmer as the week went on- and we certainly saw everything at its best. We enjoyed a visit to the Kadriorg park and palace and also got a bus out to the Pirita harbour area where we had a lovely lunch in "Riva" restaurant just by the bridge. There's a cycle track along the water out of the city to Kadriorg area and , had I known about it before seeing it from the bus, we;d have hired bikes to do the trip.We also took a day return ferry to Helsinki which is worth doing if one has time-it cost 31 euro and the fast ferry only takes 90 mins so we had a full day there, having arrived at 9.30 and gotten the 7.00p.m. ferry back. The port is only about 10 to 15 mins walk from the hotel.

All in all, we loved our visit to Tallinn and the Telegraaf hotel and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple