“Excellent hotel - Fantastic room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Telegraaf

Hotel Telegraaf
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel - Fantastic room”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel was more than 1st class with top quality furnishings throughout the hotel Breakfast was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful

I would recommend this place to anyone ;-)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
decagirl
Reviewed 6 October 2011

the hotel has a perfect location in the old town. service was excellent, the room nice and clean and the restaurant Tschaikovsky is absolutely marveless!

• Stayed October 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I went to Tallinn with 2 of my friends for a girly trip away. Hotel Telegraaf were very accomodating, staff were extremley friendly and could'nt do enough for us. The hotel is in the perfect location, only a couple of minutes walk from the old town where all the best restuarants and cafe's are. The town is very small with only a polulation of around 400,000 so you can easily cover the centre in 1/2 a day.
I would recommend eating in the local restuarant in the hotel which is Russian, excellent service and the food i would say is the best in Tallinn.
The hotel is the only hotel in the city which is recommended by Small Luxury Hotels which says something in itself.
I would go back for sure. Also if you are after relaxation then try the hotel spa, Elemis, fantastic therapists!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The entrance and staff at the desk were exceptionally cordial upon arrival.
The room was elegantly furnished. Overall the place whispered of class.
I was there but one night, wished I could stay longer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My partner and I selected Hotel Telegraaf based on Tripadvisor reviews, the easy to navigate hotel's website, and timely communication via email with the hotel. We arrived at Tallinn by Linda LIne from Helsinki. The transfer bus from Tallinn ferry terminal took less than 10 mins and dropped us off at Viru Gate and from there, it was less than 10 mins walk to the hotel.

Check-in was fast and efficient. We arrived early and our room was ready. We had made a special request for a room on a high floor and we got it. Our Superior Room was modern and spacious. It had all the amenities you would expect. My partner went swimming in the pool which was a little small for doing lengths but nice to play around in. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choices in a beautiful atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Earlier this month I was very fortunate to have stayed one week in Tallinn. And during my week in Tallinn I stayed at the Hotel Telegraaf. And I for one must say that the Hotel Telegraaf is well worth the splurge. I was taken by surprise on how just large my room was - an extremely comfortable double-bed, a lounge area with a sofa, chair and table, and spacious closets. I was also very surprised by how large the bathroom was. And the view of St.Olav's church and the surrounding buildings from my window, a picture perfect postcard view.

I found the internet access in my room via the flat-screen televisions - with a remote keyboard included in my desk - to be a very pleasant, and helpful, surprise.

I took advantage of the spa facilities. The pool and jacuzzi area was sublime - I was won over with the classical decor of the facilities. The sauna really did the trick (did it ever!), and the shower facilities were rather spacious. I must also acknowledge the woman who was at the front desk of the spa each time I was there - I found her to be quite helpful and friendly.

I found breakfast to be a feast each and every morning - the breakfast selection was very impressive. Despite some mornings being very busy, I found the staff at breakfast to be very helpful, friendly and kind.

Overall I found the front desk staff to be helpful. Nadja at the front desk deserves special recognition - she's very professional, helpful, kind and friendly, with a good dose of enthusiasm as well.

I can go on and on - and on and on - with praises for the Hotel Telegraaf. For my one week stay at the Hotel Telegraaf, it was an absolutely lovely and wonderful stay. Staying at the Hotel Telegraaf for one week, I treated myself to a memorable, special and wonderful splurge. I just fell in love with the Hotel Telegraaf. I have to say, the Hotel Telegraaf is one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

I found the Hotel Telegraaf to be a lovely, special, wonderful hotel. In the heart of the lovely, special, wonderful Old Town. In the lovely, special wonderful city of Tallinn. :-)

I hope to return to Tallinn - it's such a wonderful and special city. And if or when I return to Tallinn, I'll absolutely stay at the Hotel Telegraaf again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ED44SF
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We've just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hotel Telegraaf. We would highly recommend the hotel and Tallinn and would definitely stay there again. I would say that we are quite choosy travellers and like to do lots of research before booking.

Firstly for location - the hotel is about a minutes walk from the old town square and is in the heart of the old town, but is on a quiet street so for us there was no street noise (but we were to the rear of the hotel).

The hotel itself was perfect for us. Our room was stylishly decorated, had a massive comfy bed with crisp white bedlinen (changed daily), sofa and arm chair and nice lighting options, good quality fixtures and fittings and like the hotel generally the blend of modern and traditional features worked well. The bathroom was modern and spotlessly clean with plenty of white towels and nice Elemis toiletries. There was a thoughtful attention to detail in the room/service generally - such as the bedlinen being turned down in the evening with a chocolate and bottle of mineral water provided and extra toitetries/combs/sewing kit etc. The travel cot provided for our 11 month old son had cute childrens bedlinen put on it with an extra baby blanket - which doesn't sound much but made us feel that he was actively welcomed and had been thought about.

All the communal spaces in the hotel were spotless, well maintained and stylishly decorated.

We found check in/ check out efficient and welcoming. There was plenty of room in reception and comfortable seating.

The hotel staff were all friendly, helpful and efficient.

Breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day! There was lots of choice on the buffet and on the menu. Again our son was made very welcome by staff (but for most of our stay was the only baby/child at breakfast and I did try and stop him grabbing the white linen table cloths, so not the most relaxing time for me!). It is served light, airy and beautifully decorated room. We didn't have any evening meals in the restaurant as the menu wasn't to our taste but did enjoy listening to the live classical music as we passed.

The spa is fantastic and a great extra after exploring the town. Again our son was welcomed (he was given a rubber duck to play with by a member of staff) - but was the only child in the pool when we visited (so don't be worried about seeing lots of screaming children!).

The hotel has more of an adult focus in terms of its style even though our son was really welcomed and catered for well. This worked well for us.

I would not recommend travelling to Tallinn if you are a wheelchair user. I managed to get around with a baby buggy but it was a struggle at times. Most of the shops have at least one step at their entrance with no ramps and there are cobbles everywhere (including some which look like boulders scooped off the beach at the sides of roads). Also, the pavements have intermittent channels in them for drainage which took some manouvering around.

Room Tip: Our room was at the rear of the hotel and was lovely and quiet.