“An oasis in a beautiful city”
Review of Hotel Telegraaf

Hotel Telegraaf
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed for one night in July, busy season in Tallinn, people all over.
When getting in to the hotel, we felt like been alone, a peaceful place somehow.
Nice room, good breakfast and beautiful garden with live music when we stayed.
Friendly and professional staff, excellent location - all in all a nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed 13 August 2012

stayed solo on th 6-th floor.
pro:best location in Tallinn old city, stylish room decor, excellent sleep quality, well trained staff, adequite breakfast, caring management.
needs improvement: spa area needs attention. I used it once during my 4 day stay, loads of used wet towels were on the changing room floor, 3 kids were anattended in the pool area - jumping, shrieking, pushing jaccuzzi buttons, making lots of noice ... the spa attendant did not pay any notice ...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Good hotel. Nice room but i was expecting a little bit bigger for the price and 5 stars. Service is good but not friendly. Excellent location in old Tallinn and the breakfast is very good. Tallinn is a very touristic city in his old town and i must say i found that part of town only touristic. There is a lack of authenticity even if it is beautiful.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend in Hotel Telegraaf. Our second visit to Tallinn, so we knew to choose a hotel in the Old Town where most of the sights and people are. And the location of Telegraaf is among its best features. It is a stylish yet cozy, clean but warm hotel with a pool and air conditioning - both not self-evident features in the Tallinn hotels. The rooms are small but they do have nice views. I wish I had called for extra pillows as they say in a note left on the bed; the ones they had were little worn and uncomfortable.

Our experience might have been very different if not to the marvelous concierge - make sure to ask for her help in getting a table or whatever you might wish for. After some research, we decided to dine in the hotel's Tschaikovsky restaurant, which turned out to be an excellent choice. After the dining experience I was quite disappointed in the hotel's breakfast, served in the same restaurant. No fresh (cut) fruit? Only tomatoes and cucumber as vegetables? One choice of cheese?

Nevertheless, I would recommend Telegraaf when taking a short trip to Tallinn - consider Swissotel if staying longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have spent two nights at Hotel Telegraaf and could not have been more pleased. Very warm welcome at the reception desk. Our car was immediately taken care of. The room was excellent and we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. We had never been to Hotel Telegraaf before but we are already planning another trip. All in all, just perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is definitely one of the best hotels in Tallinn. The location is excellent. You are minutes from the central square and can walk anywhere in the old town in 15 minutes or less. The concierge, Kristi Valing, is the finest concierge I've come across--and I've stayed at 5 star hotels in many European cities. Her advice was impeccable and she went out of her way to get me an excellent table at a fully booked restaurant operated by a former hotel employee. It was a memorable meal in a beautiful garden. Finally, eating in the outdoor garden at the Telegraaf was delightful. Although the breakfasts inside at the Tchaikovsky restaurant were excellent, I didn't like the room that much--but that's a matter of taste.

There are two minuses. The hotel has no gym, so you have to use a facility at a nearby spa which charges and which is particularly unfriendly. Second, I reserved a "superior double" room in the old part of the bulding. My reservation was through Small Luxury Hotels, which is supposed to get you an upgrade if available. Instead, I was assigned a smaller "superior" room, which is under 200 square feet. After I complained, I was assigned a large room in the new wing of the building. It was adequate, but without any character, and it was a bit dark. In the end it worked out, but this isn't really excellent service.

The location and the concierge are exceptional. The rest isn't bad. I would consider returning if I visit Tallinn again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2012

It is a nice hotel which is perfectly located in the old part of Tallinn. Hotel does not have a great view unfortunately. Rooms are ok, but rather small. Rooms do not give a five star feeling. Excellent breakfast, good service attitude, but unfortunately no fitness equipment.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business