Hotel Telegraaf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel CRU(Tallinn)
  • Room Service
1,795 results
All reviewstchaikovsky restaurantelemis toiletriesold townnew wingsmall luxury hotelturn down servicevene streetperfect locationsmall poolthe main squarepillow menulovely hotelspa facilitiesfive star hotelhistoric buildingtown hall squareexecutive room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Highly recommend you stay in the Old Town if visiting Tallinn,and I can't see how you could get any better than staying at Telegraff.
Decor throughout is very nice,nice hallways leading to rooms,nice big room doors leading into lovely rooms with big beds and room has air con if needed. Never waited long at reception to be dealt with,lifts were always quick and always a free table at breakfast time with good choice.the hotels restaurant also serves evening meals,didn't use it,but was told by locals that its one of the best restaurants in Tallinn.
Location of this hotel is perfect ,not even a 1min walk from the square,right in the old town,cobbled streets,old buildings,loads of character.
Tallinn is someplace that I never would have visited if it wasn't for work,but what a surprise,it's a great city,and I recommend you spend it in this amazing hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is/was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are beautiful, the decor throughout the hotel superb and the facilities excellent. The staff were friendly professional and attentive. My only regret was we only stayed two nights. If I had known we would have booked for longer. Book in the older part of the building at the front if you can. The rooms have high ceilings and huge windows. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here recently with a group of colleagues. We were quite pleased with just about everything in this hotel.
It is located quite near the town hall square in the middle of the old town, and therefore quite close to many tourist sites as well as a host of restaurants, bars, and clubs. Given its close proximity to the square it feels very safe, but isn't too loud at night. It's definitely a good base for going out at night. A taxi from the airport shouldn't cost significantly more than 10-15 euro.
The rooms are divided into several classes - my colleagues and I were split between executive and superior rooms despite all of us booking executive rooms (ie, several of us were technically upgraded). The former room type has a bit more of a modern theme to it, whereas the superior ones try to emphasize a sort of classical style. Both were quality rooms and came with very nice toiletries, a strong (and free) wifi signal, and a minibar. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms very quiet - I slept very well.
There is a spa on site - we did not partake in any of the services, although we saw many other guests doing so. Given the quantity of patrons I presume the service was as good as everything else about the hotel.
Inside the hotel is a restaurant that serves the usual hot buffet and a la carte breakfast as well as an evening service. We did not stay for dinner; however, the breakfast was very good and fresh.
The staff was friendly and efficient, although I can't say we needed to speak very often with them as we didn't experience any problems at all.
Having also stayed at the 3 Sisters in Tallinn I can't say I recommend one over the other - it's a personal preference sort of thing. Both are superb, although have very distinct motifs (which are easy to appreciate after a quick glance at their websites). Either is a great stay and reflect very well upon Tallinn as a destination. Personally, I will be staying at the Telegraaf again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We spent one night at the Hotel Telegraaf and found it to be a superb hotel. We had spend the previous four nights at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm and the Hotel Telegraaf compares favorably in terms of quality. Our room was a spacious suite with excellent appointments. Our only suggestion is that the front desk could work on being a bit more "user-friendly" to guests but this was undoubtedly an isolated issue and did not diminish what was otherwise a very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel is brilliantly located, being literally 2 minutes walk from the main square, which is just around the corner. The room was excellent, and despite facing the street noise was not an issue at all. There are no in-house tea or coffee making facilities but this is because of Estonian regulations in historic buildings, and other than that the rooms are very well equipped indeed. We ate at the restaurant which is a wonderful venue - very romantic and elegant. The staff were extremely helpful, and the only minor criticism I have (and it is minor) is that at the end of the stay, the receptionist quoted the price of the stay out loud rather than just hand me the bill. The weekend was a romantic treat and I really didn't want my girlfriend to know how much I'd paid - fortunately she didn't hear but in top hotels this really shouldn't be done. Nonetheless, if you are looking for somewhere elegant and special to stay in Tallinn I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Telegraaf.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple