“Fantastic - even in temperatures of minus seventeen!”
Review of Hotel Telegraaf

Hotel Telegraaf
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
edinburgh , scotland
“Fantastic - even in temperatures of minus seventeen!”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

This is a very well run hotel whose staff are completely professional and helpful. The reception, bar and restaurant are very classy. Breakfasts - essential given the freezing weeather - were very good. There is a 10m long pool and a spa. Very relaxing to sit in the jacuzzi looking at snow. Location could not be better, right in the middle of the Old Town and best of all the taxi to the airport takes less than fifteen minute. A ride on Tallin's ageing but efficient tram system costs peanuts and is a great window on the city and its people - the tram will take you to Kadriorg Palace and Park in 15 minutes or head in the other direction to the port and gaze in wonder at the frozen sea. A wonderful break and we will definitely return to the Hotel Telegraaf.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This hotel was simply beautiful. Great clean and quiet rooms, beautiful restaurant and lovely pool/jacuzzi area. The location was great - walking distance to everything you would want to see in Tallinn.

We got a good deal on the room from our travel provider, so the cost was extremely low for what we got, but I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Perfect hotel with perfect location. Very well worth 5 stars. The Spa is also lovely, clean and quiet. Room was spacy and accommodate 3 persons well.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Booked two rooms 508 and 608 for four nights in the month of February for a surprise getaway to celebrate my friends engagement. This was a very special occasion and wanted to make sure it went like clock work . Emailed the
reservations manager and detailed the reason for our stay and wanted to confirm whether breakfast was included within our room. All my queries were promptly answered apart from confirming whether breakfast was included, I thought maybe it was. I also booked an airport pickup and confirmed this with the reservation manager with flight number and time. The day before we were to fly I recieved an automated email from the hotel manager confirming our stay which I thought was great.
I emailed back , confirmed our stay
And again our pickup.

Arrived at Tallinn airport and to my disappointment there was no one waiting for us, I was told someone would be waiting with my name on a board . We waited for half an hour but still no show so got a local taxi, not a great start!

Arrived at hotel where the welcome was average, I informed the receptionist that our taxi did not pick us up, he appologised and told me he would look into it for me, I have heard nothing since.

Checkin was relatively smooth and I was told what time breakfast was served from and assumed it was included as nothing was said to
contrary and no response my email

Bedroom was lovely, clean and spacious. My only real complaint in the room was that there are no tea and coffee facilities, I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world where it's standard. In the morning I phoned room service and asked how much a pot of tea would be,
I was informed that it was complimentary but there would be a tray charge of about 8 pounds, so it's not complimentary ! When I asked if I could come down and collect it the response was no. 4 pots of tea over 4 days would be about 30 pounds in tray charges, come on hotel telegraph this is not good.

On our first morning went down to breakfast but felt up to that point there was still no clear answer on whether breakfast was included. Went to reception and was told that it was not included in our room rate which was fine but no one had informed us of this not for the want of trying to get this information

All in all a lovely hotel and probably the best in Tallinn, sadly the lack of airport pick up did leave a lasting impression and considering the occasion which I was assured by the hotel that we would be looked
after did not happen.

Stephen nicholl

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank James8896
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We've recently returned from an excellent stay at the Telegraaf hotel. We visited Tallinn for four days in february with hopes to do some serious relaxation, enjoy spa treatment and experience some of the city's cultural sights. After browsing throught most of the available hotels we decided to treat ourselfes to some luxury at the Telegraaf.

The hotel is situated right in the heart of the old town and hence has a location few other hotels can offer. Since Tallinn is a small city everything is within walking distance. We even walked to the Kadrioru Loss (the tsar`s summer palace) which took us about 30 minutes. The hotel immediately gave a positive impression and the staff was very helpfull and attentive. Even though we had an executive room which is the cheapest choice available, our room was elegantly decorated and spacious. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable, and we slept "like a baby" in it.

Included in the price was also a nice buffet-breakfast. In addition they offer a free breakfast menu where you can order a selection of hot breakfast-dishes. The female part of meandyou especially recommends the pancakes. We also had dinner one night in the restaurant and it was a great contrast to the more medieval restaurants available.

The hotel has it's own spa department with a small pool, a jacuzy, a sauna and a steam sauna. It was a really nice way to spend the afternoon after a day out in the cold winter of Tallinn. We were quite lucky to have the area to ourselfes most of the time. As the whole spa-area isn't very big we assume that it can be crowded if there are many guests staying. We also tried some spa treatments offered and were happy with it although they probably aren't the most reasonable choice in town.

We recommend this hotel for those who want great location with a touch of luxury for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Kiev
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This hotel is an excellent choice for those who, like me, wanted to spend a few days in the city center, not being bothered to drive around and yet have a culture tour around the city.

Strong points of this hotel:
1) location: right in the city center;
2) cleanliness: my room was thoroughly cleaned every day;
3) amenities: unlike in other hotels, in this one I had everything what a 5-star hotel could offer without having to read the "If you need anything, please call us" card;
4) breakfast: simply amazing; great choice of fresh fish, fruits, coffee and delicious pastry;
5) professionalism of the staff: they genuinely were eager to help;
6) indoor facilities: pool and jacuzzi are just a great option to have when it is -10 outside.

Somewhat weak points are:
1) bed facilities: I found pillows to be somewhat soft and narrow;
2) poor choice of TV channels;
3) somewhat thin walls.

However, overall, one of the best options for a city break.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MariyaUA
Staffordshire
Reviewed 26 January 2011

My wife and myself had a wonderful 3 nights in this hotel of immense quality. Everything was superb from the staff, restaurant and beautiful public rooms. Our room was delightful with a stunning view and fabulous decor with a splendid en-suite. The spa was also excellent for additional relaxation. The hotel is situated right in the heart of the Old Town in a quiet spot and easy access on foot too all the old towns delights. A fantastic place to stay in a fantastic city.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple