“FUN FUN FUN”

Ranked #10 of 112 Speciality Lodging in Tallinn
Chicago, Illinois
“FUN FUN FUN”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

You can't go wrong here. Unless you hate making friends and having fun.

The room was clean enough and nice enough, and I slept well enough. But what really makes this place special is the friendly atmosphere and plethora of fun activities! Tallinn Backpackers offers a variety of day trips and activities to sign up for. There is a nightly pub crawl, which is just the best. Don't get me wrong, I'm no crazy party-er, but I was traveling solo in Tallinn, so it was so refreshing to meet such kind folks and hang out with the staff and other travelers each night.

The location in the heart of Old Town is fantastic for all the daytime sightseeing you'd like to do. I made friends with other solo travelers, so I had people to explore the city with during the day!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 6-bed, coed, ensuite dorm. No complaints.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great place with a huge common area. In the evening, the place has the perfect atmosphere after dinner with drinking games, rules, very cheap beers followed by a free pub crawl. All the credit goes to the staff as they go out their way to make sure you're having a ball. Would go back here with a second thought!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It's a wonderful hostel! Staff is friendly and nice) .Alcohol-game, trips to the bars and clubs, great atmosphere. Cleanliness.You can buy an excellent dinner for 3 euros, the price of alcohol is also very affordable. I would like to go back there, it was very cool! PARTY PARTY

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a great location, right in the heart of the old town. We stayed for three nights and we were lucky to have considerate people in our dorm. We had two early nights due to a fwrry to xatch and tours, and we slept through any noise. The hostel goes quiet aftwr 11pm so its not too bad. Our third night we joined in the drinking games, where staff make sure everyone is involved. The only problem I felt was fht one bathroom to eight people can be a bit of a pain. Otherwise great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Only stayed 1 night unfortunately but I honestly had one of the best night ever here in Europe! Its impossible not to make friends, the staff are awesome, the place is super clean. Pub crawl every night, cheap drinks, amazing bathroom facilities, great kitchen space. Love every minute even though i only had 1 night. GO IF YOU WANNA HAVE FUNNN!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Vantaa, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The atmosphere in the common room is without compare, you meet so many people from around the world and make new friends, especially thanks to the "No Social Media after 7pm" -rule. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel (stayed there 4 times so far), and would recommend it :) The only bad thing about it is that one or two of the staff were quite rude, but that could be just a matter of personal chemistries.

Room Tip: If you want new friends, take the biggest (and cheapest) room. If you want privacy, take one of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I will start this review by admitting it was a mistake for me to stay here. I originally planned to stay at the partner hostel The Monk's Bonk but it was full and they directed me to Tallinn Backpackers. I was desperate and most other hostels were full so I booked it without doing much research.

I spent three nights in this hostel and was woken up by the boys returning from the pub crawl at about 5am each night. Being woken up in the middle of the night by men joking and trying to trick another drunk man into getting into bed with you is not at all pleasant.

I was the only female in a six-bed dorm the whole time and there were only three or four women staying in the hostel the whole time I was there. It was a pretty uncomfortable experience. The boys in my room made no effort to respect my decision not to go out (I had an all day tour booked one day and an early ferry the other).

The staff were really nice and friendly. The group dinners were nice and even the happy hour drinking was enjoyable for a few hours but quickly got out of hand.

I think this hostel is most definitely suited more towards men and I think maybe that should be made clear on their website. I did not remotely feel comfortable here despite the friendly and informative staff.

Also one bathroom and toilet for more than 25 people is woefully inadequate. There was always a wait.

• Stayed August 2013