“Almost stayed forever”

Ranked #10 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Tallinn
Pavilosta, Latvia
“Almost stayed forever”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was just passing through on my cycle adventure across Europe and needed a place to stay for a couple nights. However, I managed to extend my stay twice... The guys who work there are great - welcoming and relaxed. They let me store my bike in the common room which was ace. In fact I think I spent most of my time there just chilling in the common room - a great space to meet backpacking folk. I also valued the fact that it was not a party hostel so after 11pm, the party keeps going, but somewhere else. so, if you want a quiet night it is possible to get one. Best of all was Ben's awesome hostel dinners - genuinely the best 3 euros I have spent in Estonia. I was full for days... Cheers guys!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AlexLewisJones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ran by a mixture of expats from various English speaking countries this hostel has a 'happy' atmosphere. The Australian welcoming people on the day I arrived was in particular very enthusiastic about talking us through the city map and was very helpful. Though not modern the hostel was very clean and it was very well located inside the city walls- though I and one other did happen to walk past the door 4 times before actually locating it! Perfect for solo travelers- I happened to meet some really nice fellow travelers here- it's the sort of place where the atmosphere encourages that naturally. As other reviews have mentioned, there is only one bathroom to share between quite a number of people, however I only waited once so this didn't appear to be problematic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a perfect hostel for solo or small groups. Located in the old town and near to almost everything you'd like to see, the hostel has a fun and relaxed atmosphere and the staff always look to ensure everyone is enjoying their stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I only stayed here for three nights but it really was a fantastic hostel.. didn't want to leave! Dorms were cheap, clean and spacious and had the best bathroom ever.. the kitchen was also handy! The location is in a quiet area but is super close (5/10 min walk) to Tallinn's old town and all the sights. The staff were awesome, friendly and helpful.. most of them were also travellers so it was nice to sit with them and get some tips and advice for other countries/cities! I loved how chilled and relaxed the atmosphere there was.. but if we wanted to check out the nightlife the staff would take us to their sister hostel (Monk's Bunk) to party and go out with them. Just book to go there!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Tallinn Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. They are conveniently located in the old town, pretty much everything is within a 10 minute walk. I've seen some reviews saying this is a party hostel, and while this may have been the case in the past, their quiet time is now 11pm (as of april 2014, at least) due to grumpy neighbours. I don't find this a problem though, as it's perfect if you need to get up early the next day, and if not, then you can attend their daily free pubcrawl that ususally starts between 10-11pm and ends when you feel like it!

They have happy hour every evening, a kitchen, living room and the staff will prepare dinner for you for only 3€ every day. All this is good, but the best aspect of the hotel is the atmosphere. You feel really at home at TB. The staff does their best to ensure that the people staying there feel welcome, and try their best to ensure the well being of their guests.

I stayed there for five days in april, and I wish I could have stayed a week more. Warmly recommended!

Room Tip: The 8-bed mixed dorm on the top floor has its own bathroom with a jacuzzi and sauna!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Burnie, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

at first i only planned to stay for a few nights, but due to an amazing atmosphere and great location of the hostel, it quickly turned into more! As soon as I walked through the door and was greeted by friendly staff, I could tell this was not like any other hostel I have stayed in. Everyone who works there are travelers themselves and more than willing to share stories and let you join in on any of the activities in the hostel on any given night! Cannot wait to be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This hostel is in a great location, the dorms are clean and comfortable and the bathroom was massive. The real winner is the staff; extremely friendly, fun and experts on the sights, museums and restaurants/bars/clubs around town. Highly recommended.

Carmen, Australia