“Best Hotel in Tallinn”

Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Utrecht
“Best Hotel in Tallinn”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I put my parents in the Swissotel for 4 nights and they've had a lovely stay. Of course, the Swiss being a 5 star hotel it's that's kind of what you expect. But it's always good to see a hotel being on top of their stuff. They we're sold out for 1 night during the stay but managed to accommodate my parents after all.

Rooms and facilities are amazing and the location is perfect if you're a tourist. 5 min from Old Town and close to Hop on Hop off busses.

I can't imagine putting any visiting friend or relative anywhere else than in the Swiss.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor corner room with views of the harbor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WytzeNL
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn for your parents!
We are very happy to hear that your parents have enjoyed their stay in our hotel and that we have reached your expectations while providing a lovely stay for them. Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing your impressions with other travelers on TripAdvisor! We would be delighted to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn, both with your family and friends, in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 October 2013

if i have had one more star swiss in tallinn must have it. absolutely nothing to complain or remark, entrance, and lobby is like in los angeles. effective, impressive and top notch, rooms are big and posh with a wonderful view over the city. bathroom spacious with oval tub and a shower where the whole family could enter. on 11th floor waited a magnificent spa with big pool and saunda with windows over the city. breakfast was incredible with anything you could ask for. on the spot maid omelette by a friendly chef. on top floor the bar had a beathtking view over the city and harbour entrance. the internet cable connection for free was great. maybe the wifi could be better?? but tht´s n the margin. so alla in all, if in tallinn dont´t miss swiss!!

Room Tip: choose seaside for best view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn! We are pleased to hear that we have met your expectations with the design of our lobby and the guest rooms. Your compliments about the breakfast and the friendly chef are highly appreciated and have been forwarded to the Food & Beverage department. We are also very happy to hear you had a chance to enjoy the views from our top floor Horisont Restaurant & Bar and the Pürovel Spa & Sport. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Tallinn. The service level are high on all levels. The rooms are large and comfortable and have a panoramic view of the city. The breakfast buffet have a good choice of both cold and warm dishes.

I would visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view over the city
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn to stay in during your business trip and for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that our standards and designs have met your expectations and that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet. It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback from your side, which definitely gives other travelers confidence in choosing their hotel while visiting Tallinn. In case you did not have a chance to visit our top floor restaurant Horisont and the magnificent Alpine spirited Pürovel Spa & Sport, I would definitely recommend you to try them out during your next stay with us. As Tallinn is also a magnificent holiday destination with many attractions, I do hope you have a chance to come here for a leisure trip as well and hopefully choose to stay in Swissôtel Tallinn once again!
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Truly excellent hotel deserving of its five stars. Beautiful reception area with very welcoming and helpful staff. Rooms are large and bedroom fittings were of a high standard with big comfy bed. The bathroom is stylish with an enormous shower and bath. We had breakfast in the room each morning with a good selection to choose from and served to a very high standard.
The views over Tallinn from the high floors were amazing, Location is good, not far from airport and a reasonable walk in to town.
However we were disappointed one night sitting in the reception bar... It took almost 45 minutes to be served at the bar as there were only three staff on duty this night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. There are several things I really liked about this hotel, things that surprised me.

#1: heated floors in the bathroom. What a treat!
#2: New big LG TV's. I did not expect this, nor did I expect the ability to connect to the TV via HDMI from my computer. Again, nice treat!
#3: super comfy down pillows. Usually you see poor quality synthetic pillows but these, and the comforter were top notch.
#4: the spa is better than it reads on the website.

What I didn't like (but these are more nit-pick items)
#1: internet. Slow. In this day and age, 2-4 megabits is pretty bad.
#2: the sink in my room didn't drain. Not a big deal and a quick call to housekeeping and it was fixed.

All in all a great hotel and I will stay here again next month.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Stockholm
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very stylish, friendly and clean at great location and price. Large rooms with fantastic big comfy twin beds, nice SPA &stunning views from room & skybar! In short,it made our girls weekend a success!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is my first stay at a Swissotel and all I can say is if this is an example of what they are like, I'm terribly disappointed there isn't one in every city I travel.

A standout at this hotel is some of the most incredible service I have ever gotten. The staff is incredibly attentive, helpful and professional. Even through my (I'm sure) stupid touristy questions, they remained polite and friendly. All of the employees have a quick smile and seem to scan your face to see if they can anticipate what you need - and often do. Kudos to the management for having such a great team.

Now, the rooms. What could there possibly be you wouldn't love? They are modern, spotless, large windows overlooking the city and everything looks new although I'm sure it can't be. There is plenty of storage, a very nice tea/coffee station and a minibar as well. The work desk is about 6 feet wide and has hidden connections. You're also sitting in front of a very large flat-screen TV.

I've separated the room into two parts - the main room reviewed above and the ... bathroom. I have never had a bathroom this divine in a hotel. A massive oval shaped tub is impossible to pass-up but when time is short, the walk-in shower with the rain nozzle could make you want to spend more time than you have. There are heated towel racks and a large, fluffy robe to use.

One night I ordered room service and they were quick to arrive and the food was very well prepared and tasty.

While the hotel isn't in Old Town, it's a very short walk - maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Viru, the large upscale mall, is equally as close at about 8 minutes.

As I was researching hotels to stay in for my trip to Tallinn, I debated whether I should stay in Old Town but I'm definitely glad I didn't. Old Town is gorgeous but very touristy and can be noisy. You can enjoy the dining and shopping during the day and come back to the Swissotel for a beautiful room and staff that seem to want to do nothing more than make you happy.

I will be coming to Tallinn again and this is definitely the only place I'll stay.

Room Tip: My room was on the 25th floor and it definitely gave you a great view of the Old Town and Baltic sea...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LydiaLLD
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that your time in Swissôtel Tallinn was enjoyable and we got to make such an impression! Your compliments towards all of our staff are highly appreciated, feedback like this most certainly helps us follow and improve our standards with high motivation. It is a pleasure to hear that our guest room and bathroom facilities have been designed to follow your expectations. We are delighted to hear that you are planning to come back to Tallinn and are looking forward to having you stay with us once again!