“Excellent service”

Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
Cheshire
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Generally very good. Mostly pleasing modern style, although there was a little too much shiny dark brown wood-effect around the place for my liking.
We enjoyed the executive room / lounge deal, including a buffet at lunchtime and drinks and buffet in the evening. The food and wine were both better than we thought they might have been, so we ate in several times. Breakfast was good, too - we had freshly made omelettes and coffee, as well as the items in the warmers.
We started in a room on 29th floor, which was large and had a view over the old town. Unfortunately, it also came with a noisy fan in the heating system and some strange knocking noises from what I think was the restaurant above. So we moved to a room on 27th floor, which was a little smaller, but quieter and with what I thought was a better view of the harbour. I liked the greenish glass bathroom wall - it gave the room some character.
The pool was quite large and well set up - it was typical of the hotel to have bathrobes for all guests as well as snacks and drinks available. There was very good service with particularly pleasant and helpful staff everywhere.
On the down side, it was a bit hard to get the room warm enough in the day and cool enough at night - not sure why. And the bathroom taps / sinks were badly designed - almost too little room to get your hands under and the washbasin was needlessly large and slow to empty. Probably hard to clean, too, because of the right angles all over the place. The shower was weak. I am not a fan of the ridiculous large circular overhead shower head anyway, however funky it looks, but this was a particularly poor example.
But don't let any of that put you off - it was, all in all, very good experience!

Room Tip: I would avoid 29 03 if I went back.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great service, good food and a nice room. All staff encountered were friendly and helpful. Hotel is within easy walking distance to old town. Modern decor with comfortable bed linens, even a towel warmer in the bathroom. Great views from the higher floors and bar!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn to accommodate you during your visit to Tallinn! I am pleased to see you were satisfied with the service of our team and appreciated the way our guest rooms are designed. It is truly a great compliment to hear about us providing service up to the standards of our guests and we would like to thank you for pointing this out. Upper floors of the hotel really show breathtaking views of Tallinn which are hard to compare with looking from any other place in town. Me and my staff would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future to create more memorable moments of Tallinn together with you!
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great experiense overall. We stayed for two nights in the advantage room which was well worth the money. The view over the city was awesome, bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly and efficient. Extra points for the bath tub.

Alexandria
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed for 8 nights in the cold of January. The staff was great ... pleasant, caring, efficient at all facets of the hotel's offerings. The heated floor in the bathroom was a great touch in the winter. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thank you for sharing your winter break with Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to see that you have positive memories of your 8-day stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that our staff got to make your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable by providing the service standards you had expected. Travelling to Estonia during the frosty winter season indeed gives a whole new meaning to floor heating. Summer season with its long days and bright nights gives Tallinn a whole new look. I do hope we´ll have a chance to meet and greet you here during the upcoming season and provide a new set of great memories of Estonia!
Tallinn
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We wanted to change our suite to a higher floor. At first they were not able to provide but then they called back and said that they had found a way to change our room. Everything else was also perfect, from service to food quality.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that we had a chance to offer our suite on a higher floor and hope you enjoyed the views over Tallinn. My team and I appreciate your feedback about our service and food quality being perfect and also feel honored to have had the opportunity to make your stay in Tallinn comfortable and enjoyable. Did you also get to spend some time in our Pürovel Spa & Sport facilities and try all the three restaurants? If not, there is plenty of reason to come back! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn during your next visit to the capital of Estonia!
London UK
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed 3 nights in a grand room last month.Firstly the pros - the hotel is modern, tastefully decorated and well equipped. Its also in a good location a short walk way from the Old Town and shopping. The bar on the top floor has a nice ambience and great views over the city, serving a mean cocktail. The Spa and pool area is also v good (although could do with a jacuzzi) - even the sauna has a view! Breakfast was ok with a standard buffet spread.
I guess my area of concern is the service - whilst there weren't any major issues, you just don't get any personal feeling at all here - nobody greets you when you return the hotel or at breakfast etc- there wasn't much of a smile to had from anybody. We were in Tallinn for my wife's birthday and the hotel did nothing to mark that - not even a mention on arrival.I didn't feel particularly welcome/special and I felt that none of the staff seemed particularly happy to be working there. This for me is the big thing that differentiates between hotels in the 5 star sector - plenty of good, much fewer great ones. Whilst the room rate is quite reasonable for a luxury city property I doubt if my stay at the Swissotel will be overly memorable. Tallinn itself was excellent for a short break but I might try somewhere else if I return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple