“Best hotel for business or leisure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swissotel Tallinn

Swissotel Tallinn
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best hotel for business or leisure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second time in Tallin. And when I think of hotel nothing else other than swissotel. I'm not even bothered about trying others coz the service provided is second to none. Class restaurants on top floor and 8th floor. One of my best experiences so far and will be definitely back! Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and for giving us feedback! I am happy to see that you have positive memories of your stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that our service standards gave you a good impression and that our staff got to serve you well. Great to hear that you had a chance to visit our two restaurants! During your next stay with us, I would also recommend you to visit our Pürovel Spa& Sport facilities and gather your thoughts after a long day in a calm and relaxing atmosphere. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future and continuously provide a memorable and pleasant stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Travelling to Tallinn by myself in 2011, I was picked up from the airport by the hotel and was treated like an ambassador on arrival. This was my first and lasting impression of the service I got from this hotel. When I arrived at reception they asked me if I wanted to go higher or lower, when I asked what they meant they said do you want a room higher or lower in the hotel. I opted for higher and got a corner room on the 23rd floor with fantastic views of the harbour and old town. The room was plush with a huge bed and a fantastic bathroom with a huge tub. The floor was what looked like solid wood and there were huge windows from ceiling to almost the floor. Each day reception would give me a weather update and advice for things to do in Tallinn. Nothing was a problem and the staff went beyond the call of duty looking after me in every way they could. The room was quiet and comfortable and they reserved me a table in the Horisont Restaurant on my first night. I booked direct with this hotel and the service received even before I travelled was way beyond my expectations. My city break here was so that I could photograph the beautiful Old town and this was a perfect place to stay to do this. It was mighty cold when I was here but there was always a warm welcome in the hotel. I photographed the stunning view from my hotel window at night and it is now a picture on the wall in my house. Loved this place and recommend it to anyone visiting Tallinn. Try the restaurant too.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and corner rooms although only 1 per floor give better all round vie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew B
Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that your time in Swissôtel Tallinn was enjoyable and we got to make such an impression. I am glad to hear that our staff got to assist you in many ways and that you were pleased with your choice of the hotel. It is also very nice to read that you had chance to visit Horisont Restaurant & Bar during your stay! In case if you did not have a chance to visit spirited Pürovel Spa & Sport, I would definitely recommend you to try it out during your next trip. Tallinn´s UNESCO-listed Old Town is indeed worth every minute of your time, still showing historic and medieval architecture, I am happy to hear you appreciated the view on that side of our guest room. Nice to hear the view impressed you so much that you now have a picture of the destination in your house bringing back good memories about your pleasant stay in Tallinn. Last but not least, we thank you for recommending Swissôtel Tallinn and our restaurants to other travellers and it would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back!
Katrineholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent in all matters! Service, location, food, personal, environment, all very good! A perfect hotell for recreation and relax and also very comfortable and well situated in the centre of Tallin. Recommendable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing such positive impressions with us and other travellers! We are extremely pleased to hear our facilities created a very good hotel experience for you! Compliments about the service provided have been forwarded and shared with our team and we appreciate your kind feedback. It is great to hear you got to enjoy the recreational side of our hotel as well; hopefully Pürovel Spa & Sport facilities catered your needs to the fullest. Did you also try some outdoor activities? Our hotel Concierge also provides jogging maps so that you can be healthy but also get to know Tallinn more during your stay with us! Thank you for recommending us to other travellers using TripAdvisor and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future!
Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The Swissotel Tallinn should be your first choice of hotel in Tallinn. Great rooms with very comfortable beds and beautifull bathrooms. Room and bathroom are very well maintained and modern. Very good facilitated. 24 Hour room service. Fast WiFi. Just as important: the rooms are cosy and make you feel good. Especially when you are at the sea side on higher floors you will enjoy the combination of a nice room and a spectaculair view. The hotel has a more than nice restaurant and bar on the top floor. No need to go out at all. The staff in the hotel is professional and friendly. Service at a high rate. The hotel is very well located. On walking distance from the ancient city and the major department stores and other shopping area's. Transportation at your service all the time. Not even 10 minutes from the international airport.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Erik M
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing such positive impressions on TripAdvisor! Firstly I appreciate your compliments about our guest rooms. Our maintenance department and housekeepers do take thorough care of all the guest rooms on a daily basis therefore your compliments towards their effort is highly appreciated and shared with their teams as well. I am happy to hear you had a chance to spend time in our top floor Horisont Restaurant & Bar- hope you enjoyed the cocktails and dishes as well as the view! It is a pleasure to see you bringing out this many good aspects of our hotel such as the service, views, transportation and location. As Tallinn is also a magnificent destination with many happenings during summer season, I do hope you have a chance to come here then and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!
Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Swissotel Talinn for a business trip recently and I am very impressed with the high quality of service that the Hotel provides, all the way from my arrival and to my departure. Staff are attentive, friendly and quick to response for requests and services. The location of the hotel is great and I had a very good view of the city from my floor.

I must also mention the great service from the staff at the Horisont and also the excellent dinner we had there. The view is just magnificient.

I'll definitely stay here when I am in Talinn again. It is my new favourite hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, sunnier and gives a great view of the city and the sea.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dea J
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn. Also please allow me to thank you for describing your stay with us with so many kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and that our staff followed your expectations with attentive and friendly manner. I am happy to hear your dinner was excellent and compliments towards our Horisont Restaurant chefs have been forwarded. Nothing better than a fulfilling dinner next to the city view to finish up the day. We wish a wonderful spring season to you and hope to welcome you here in the nearest future to provide another pleasurable stay!
Scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

It does not get better. Great staff at front desk, clean rooms with a great view, wonderful breakfast buffet. This place is worth the splurge! We had adjoining kids room and we're shocked when they delivered milk and cookies.

Room Tip: Aim high. The views are wonderful
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jbunster
Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor! Compliments towards our staff and in-room amenities are much appreciated! I am glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and I am also happy that you liked our small surprise for your children! I hope you also had a chance to visit our Pürovel Spa& Sport. If not, this would be reason enough to visit us again. It has been a pleasure to have you here during your stay and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future!
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We recently spent a weekend in Tallinn and stayed at Swisshotel. First of all the location is perfect for exploring the city and that combined with the quality of the hotel makes it a great place to stay. The level of service is excellent and the rooms are spacious and full of light. I personally also like the modern look of the rooms with a lot of glass. True, compared to many other hotels in Tallinn the price is not the cheapest one, but for me it was worth it.

I've stayed here before and every time I've been leaving the hotel with a positive note. The breakfast buffet is still very good, but that's the only thing I was a bit disappointed with - I feel it was even better before - with even more variety and a touch of luxury.
However, I didn't affect the overall experience and I would definitely come back if I needed to stay in a hotel in Tallinn again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for spending your weekend with Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to reach the expectations of our guests every day and we are happy we could reach yours this time. Great to see you enjoyed the Tallinn, our service and modern rooms! Maybe next time when you visit us, you will have a chance to spend some time in Horisont Bar and try out some of the various food we provide. These can really make a great stay reach an even higher level! My team and I would be happy to welcome you back to stay with us in the nearest future and hopefully provide a memorable stay for you!