“Great base for a city break in Tallinn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swissotel Tallinn

Swissotel Tallinn
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
UK
“Great base for a city break in Tallinn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a three night stay in Tallinn. We chose this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and we were not let down, overall we found this hotel to be an excellent choice.

We booked a harbour view room with breakfast and were allocated a corner room on the twelfth floor, I was concerned that the room may not be on a high enough floor for a good view but the view of the harbour was fine. The room itself was fairly large with a huge bed. A pillow menu allows you to choose the type of pillow you want but the bed may be slightly too firm for some. The bathroom is attractive and stylish but doesn't afford total privacy from anyone you are sharing the room with.

All interactions we had with staff at reception, lobby bar, breakfast restaurant, spa and Horisont were pleasant with everyone trying to be helpful and provide the best possible service. When the hotel became aware that our visit was part of a birthday celebration they delivered a birthday cake to our room which was much appreciated.

Breakfast was served in a restaurant on the eighth floor and can get busy at times with queues forming at the entrance. The breakfast was ok but was probably the least impressive part of our stay.

The highlight of our visit was dinner in the Horisont restaurant on the thirtieth floor. The restaurant is expensive compared to others in Tallinn but not when compared to UK prices. We found it to be worth every penny providing superb food and surroundings.

Location wise the hotel is a 7-10 minute taxi ride from the airport (but not disturbed by it) costing about 7 euros. The walk into Tallinn old town takes about 10 minutes also.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us about your recent stay and happy belated birthday.

I am really delighted to read such a thorough overview and receive feedback about so many aspects. I feel extremely pleased that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, great that they could be of assistance. We feel honored that you´ve decided to share the birthday celebrations with us by staying here and hope you enjoyed the birthday cake as well! I would like to express my sincere appreciation for sharing your comments about our beautiful Horisont Restaurant & Bar on the top floor! I hope you also had time and opportunity to enjoy Tallinn and experience more of what our city has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Tallinn when your travels bring you to Tallinn again!

Kind regards,
Bart Westerhout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed during the years during my business trips in Tallinn in other business hotels and this time I had an opportunity to spend the Easter weekend with my family in Tallinn Swisshotel. I had a very high expectations particularly towards service as well as the SPA. Both were a bit disappointment; the SPA was fairly small, the other sauna not functioning and overall experience was that the functionality was not considered but only nice looks (photographs). Service in the hotel was ok but nothing special. Breakfast buffet was very good, however not comparable to their Sunday brunch. Some other facts which are fairly difficult to understand. In our other of the two rooms the shower was not working poperly. The other strange thing was that eventhough I had given my credit card details prior I was asked for an additional deposit which would be returned if everything was ok after in our rooms (???). That seemed to apply to other visitors too. The rooms had the most ugly minibar "container" ever seen. The bathroom functionality was clearly not thought out properly and concentration had been given to nice looks.

By all means that hotel was good and even worth money but nothing very special.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a harbour view. That helps a lot with the overall experience.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to receive feedback about your stay with us and I am particularly glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and Sunday Brunch in restaurant Café Swiss. I regret to know that you had encountered some discomforts during your stay. We have well noted your comments and suggestions. Despite the fact that some aspects cast a negative light on your visit, I feel happy to hear you say our hotel is good as well as is the value of money. Feedback like this gives us the opportunity to improve our service for you and all guests. I hope that you will decide to return for a second time to Swissôtel Tallinn so that you will have a more memorable and pleasurable stay and that we would be able to show our dedication to high-quality service and standards.

Thank you again for your comments.

Kind regards,

Bart Westerhout
Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Loved this place and recommend it to anyone visiting Tallinn, you will not be disappointed!! I'm very impressed with the high quality of service. This will be my first choise when I'll be back in Tallin or in another place where I can find this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure to read about your stay and that everything was enjoyable. We are delighted to hear that our service met your expectations and thankful for naming our hotel the best in Tallinn. Recommending us to other travelers is much appreciated and we are grateful to you for making others feel confidence in choosing our hotel. Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back during the upcoming summer season as well as there is plenty to discover in Tallinn especially during the warmest season of the year!
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second time in Tallin. And when I think of hotel nothing else other than swissotel. I'm not even bothered about trying others coz the service provided is second to none. Class restaurants on top floor and 8th floor. One of my best experiences so far and will be definitely back! Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and for giving us feedback! I am happy to see that you have positive memories of your stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that our service standards gave you a good impression and that our staff got to serve you well. Great to hear that you had a chance to visit our two restaurants! During your next stay with us, I would also recommend you to visit our Pürovel Spa& Sport facilities and gather your thoughts after a long day in a calm and relaxing atmosphere. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future and continuously provide a memorable and pleasant stay!
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Travelling to Tallinn by myself in 2011, I was picked up from the airport by the hotel and was treated like an ambassador on arrival. This was my first and lasting impression of the service I got from this hotel. When I arrived at reception they asked me if I wanted to go higher or lower, when I asked what they meant they said do you want a room higher or lower in the hotel. I opted for higher and got a corner room on the 23rd floor with fantastic views of the harbour and old town. The room was plush with a huge bed and a fantastic bathroom with a huge tub. The floor was what looked like solid wood and there were huge windows from ceiling to almost the floor. Each day reception would give me a weather update and advice for things to do in Tallinn. Nothing was a problem and the staff went beyond the call of duty looking after me in every way they could. The room was quiet and comfortable and they reserved me a table in the Horisont Restaurant on my first night. I booked direct with this hotel and the service received even before I travelled was way beyond my expectations. My city break here was so that I could photograph the beautiful Old town and this was a perfect place to stay to do this. It was mighty cold when I was here but there was always a warm welcome in the hotel. I photographed the stunning view from my hotel window at night and it is now a picture on the wall in my house. Loved this place and recommend it to anyone visiting Tallinn. Try the restaurant too.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and corner rooms although only 1 per floor give better all round vie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew B
Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that your time in Swissôtel Tallinn was enjoyable and we got to make such an impression. I am glad to hear that our staff got to assist you in many ways and that you were pleased with your choice of the hotel. It is also very nice to read that you had chance to visit Horisont Restaurant & Bar during your stay! In case if you did not have a chance to visit spirited Pürovel Spa & Sport, I would definitely recommend you to try it out during your next trip. Tallinn´s UNESCO-listed Old Town is indeed worth every minute of your time, still showing historic and medieval architecture, I am happy to hear you appreciated the view on that side of our guest room. Nice to hear the view impressed you so much that you now have a picture of the destination in your house bringing back good memories about your pleasant stay in Tallinn. Last but not least, we thank you for recommending Swissôtel Tallinn and our restaurants to other travellers and it would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back!
Katrineholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent in all matters! Service, location, food, personal, environment, all very good! A perfect hotell for recreation and relax and also very comfortable and well situated in the centre of Tallin. Recommendable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing such positive impressions with us and other travellers! We are extremely pleased to hear our facilities created a very good hotel experience for you! Compliments about the service provided have been forwarded and shared with our team and we appreciate your kind feedback. It is great to hear you got to enjoy the recreational side of our hotel as well; hopefully Pürovel Spa & Sport facilities catered your needs to the fullest. Did you also try some outdoor activities? Our hotel Concierge also provides jogging maps so that you can be healthy but also get to know Tallinn more during your stay with us! Thank you for recommending us to other travellers using TripAdvisor and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future!
Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The Swissotel Tallinn should be your first choice of hotel in Tallinn. Great rooms with very comfortable beds and beautifull bathrooms. Room and bathroom are very well maintained and modern. Very good facilitated. 24 Hour room service. Fast WiFi. Just as important: the rooms are cosy and make you feel good. Especially when you are at the sea side on higher floors you will enjoy the combination of a nice room and a spectaculair view. The hotel has a more than nice restaurant and bar on the top floor. No need to go out at all. The staff in the hotel is professional and friendly. Service at a high rate. The hotel is very well located. On walking distance from the ancient city and the major department stores and other shopping area's. Transportation at your service all the time. Not even 10 minutes from the international airport.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Erik M
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing such positive impressions on TripAdvisor! Firstly I appreciate your compliments about our guest rooms. Our maintenance department and housekeepers do take thorough care of all the guest rooms on a daily basis therefore your compliments towards their effort is highly appreciated and shared with their teams as well. I am happy to hear you had a chance to spend time in our top floor Horisont Restaurant & Bar- hope you enjoyed the cocktails and dishes as well as the view! It is a pleasure to see you bringing out this many good aspects of our hotel such as the service, views, transportation and location. As Tallinn is also a magnificent destination with many happenings during summer season, I do hope you have a chance to come here then and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!