“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Kirkkonummi, Finland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

All around a very good experience. Very friendly staff and the room was really nice. If you want to have a bit of extra fun, request a room at the top floors. Highly recommended especially for business travel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying in Swissôtel Tallinn and for coming back to us on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to receive such positive feedback and feel honoured we´ve had a chance to make your stay enjoyable. I also appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travellers and especially to those, who are looking for a place to stay in Tallinn during their business trips. Compliments about our staff are highly appreciated as well as it is great to see our guest rooms followed your needs and expectations. Higher floors do provide an exceptional view over the city of Tallinn, so it sure can be categorized as extra fun! I hope you also had a chance to visit other facilities of Swissôtel Tallinn during your stay. Once you come back to us, I highly recommend you to try out our delicious breakfast at Café Swiss and to find time to relax at Pürovel Spa & Sport!

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Bart Westerhout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tallinn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I liked everything, except it did not had a whirlpool in the SPA center
Room is quiet, clean, comfortable, nice view on the harbor
Modern looking design, although it stands here a long time
Food was nice, big variety of choices

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed the designs of our guest rooms and the perfect view to the harbor. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to visit Pürovel Spa & Sport facilities during your stay as well. Your compliments towards our Food & Beverage team have been forwarded and are much appreciated. I hope you had a chance to visit both our restaurants Café Swiss and Horisont Restaurant and Bar as well as the No3 Deli Lounge Bar in the lobby. If not, there are plenty of reasons to come back and visit them!

On behalf of Swissôtel Tallinn´s team, I would like to wish you a great spring season ahead and joyful travelling. Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Schoten, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

High building close to the old town so nice views over the city. Large rooms with all you need to relax after a day in the city. Swimming pool and spa certainly help to relax and not busy at all while I was there. Comfortable beds, good wifi, practical shower. The breakfast buffet is a good start for a day full of energy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn and for the positive feedback!

I am especially flattered that we had a chance to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere with the quality and modern design of Swissôtel Tallinn. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a chance to visit Pürovel Spa & Sport and restaurant Café Swiss during your stay with us. There is nothing better than a fulfilling breakfast to start the day in good spirit and to finish up a busy day with a calming spa session. I hope you also had a chance to visit our top floor Horisont Restaurant and Bar and got to enjoy its impressive views over the city. If not, this would be one more reason to visit Estonia and Swissôtel Tallinn again!

Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future and would hereby like to wish all the best until then!

Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

An excellent, very modern hotel. Room was standard but very comfortable, clean and had everything you will need including fast internet. The hotel has good bars, especially the one on the top floor. There is also a friendly bar in the reception area which we enjoyed on return from a long day sightseeing and shopping. The staff are exemplary in their behaviour and desire to provide a perfect service. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the old town where all the good restaurants are - perfect for walking off a few calories. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for highest room possible. Although view is across the rather drab new town, the old town and ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your positive comments with other travelers!

We are very happy to read that you had a great impression on our team members as well as the guest room you stayed in. Along with our convenient location, we continuously strive for guests' satisfaction in many ways. Your kind words about the friendly staff are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of the colleagues. I am happy you had a chance to visit our Horisont Restaurant and Bar, I hope the view was also impressive and you enjoyed it!

It is a pleasure to see that the impression of Swissôtel Tallinn turned out to be so good that you also took to recommend it to travelers using Tripadvisor. Wishing you a pleasant spring season ahead and continuously joyful traveling- welcome back!

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've never been to Tallinn before so I've decided to follow recommendation given me by my Estonian friend. I've had an amazing 3 days staying at Swissotel! Short taxi ride from the airport and very close (just about 10 minutes walk) to the amazing and very charming old town. Beautiful and very comfortable room with view to the harbour. Excellent, very professional staff couldn't do enough for me- offering help with organising visits to museums, excursions, trips etc I have been treated there as valued individual not just a standard "another" guest. That made such a big difference! Very helpful receptionist Elena as well as Olga- waitress from Cafe Swiss always greeting guests with friendly smile.
Thank you very much for wonderful stay! I will be back and will recommend Swissotel Tallinn to all my friends!

Room Tip: Room on high floor with view to the harbour.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Warmest greetings from Swissôtel Tallinn!

Thank you for taking the time to treat us with a review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad you found Swissotel Tallinn to be a special place and enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your guest room and its views to the harbor. Allow me to thank you on behalf of Elena and Olga. Your kind words about the friendly, helpful staff are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of the colleagues here. I am also happy to hear you felt like you were treated like an individual - that's the way a good vacation should feel!
Thank you very much once again for your positive feedback and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back again!

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a three night stay in Tallinn. We chose this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and we were not let down, overall we found this hotel to be an excellent choice.

We booked a harbour view room with breakfast and were allocated a corner room on the twelfth floor, I was concerned that the room may not be on a high enough floor for a good view but the view of the harbour was fine. The room itself was fairly large with a huge bed. A pillow menu allows you to choose the type of pillow you want but the bed may be slightly too firm for some. The bathroom is attractive and stylish but doesn't afford total privacy from anyone you are sharing the room with.

All interactions we had with staff at reception, lobby bar, breakfast restaurant, spa and Horisont were pleasant with everyone trying to be helpful and provide the best possible service. When the hotel became aware that our visit was part of a birthday celebration they delivered a birthday cake to our room which was much appreciated.

Breakfast was served in a restaurant on the eighth floor and can get busy at times with queues forming at the entrance. The breakfast was ok but was probably the least impressive part of our stay.

The highlight of our visit was dinner in the Horisont restaurant on the thirtieth floor. The restaurant is expensive compared to others in Tallinn but not when compared to UK prices. We found it to be worth every penny providing superb food and surroundings.

Location wise the hotel is a 7-10 minute taxi ride from the airport (but not disturbed by it) costing about 7 euros. The walk into Tallinn old town takes about 10 minutes also.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us about your recent stay and happy belated birthday.

I am really delighted to read such a thorough overview and receive feedback about so many aspects. I feel extremely pleased that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, great that they could be of assistance. We feel honored that you´ve decided to share the birthday celebrations with us by staying here and hope you enjoyed the birthday cake as well! I would like to express my sincere appreciation for sharing your comments about our beautiful Horisont Restaurant & Bar on the top floor! I hope you also had time and opportunity to enjoy Tallinn and experience more of what our city has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Tallinn when your travels bring you to Tallinn again!

Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed during the years during my business trips in Tallinn in other business hotels and this time I had an opportunity to spend the Easter weekend with my family in Tallinn Swisshotel. I had a very high expectations particularly towards service as well as the SPA. Both were a bit disappointment; the SPA was fairly small, the other sauna not functioning and overall experience was that the functionality was not considered but only nice looks (photographs). Service in the hotel was ok but nothing special. Breakfast buffet was very good, however not comparable to their Sunday brunch. Some other facts which are fairly difficult to understand. In our other of the two rooms the shower was not working poperly. The other strange thing was that eventhough I had given my credit card details prior I was asked for an additional deposit which would be returned if everything was ok after in our rooms (???). That seemed to apply to other visitors too. The rooms had the most ugly minibar "container" ever seen. The bathroom functionality was clearly not thought out properly and concentration had been given to nice looks.

By all means that hotel was good and even worth money but nothing very special.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a harbour view. That helps a lot with the overall experience.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to receive feedback about your stay with us and I am particularly glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and Sunday Brunch in restaurant Café Swiss. I regret to know that you had encountered some discomforts during your stay. We have well noted your comments and suggestions. Despite the fact that some aspects cast a negative light on your visit, I feel happy to hear you say our hotel is good as well as is the value of money. Feedback like this gives us the opportunity to improve our service for you and all guests. I hope that you will decide to return for a second time to Swissôtel Tallinn so that you will have a more memorable and pleasurable stay and that we would be able to show our dedication to high-quality service and standards.

Thank you again for your comments.