Swissotel Tallinn
Autograph
US$197
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Hestia Hotel Ilmarine(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
US$139
US$136
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$182
US$178
US$215
US$200
2,348 results
All reviewstop floorhorisont restaurantgreat hotelharbour viewold townexecutive floordepartment storeswiss hotelespresso machinerain showersky barhuge bedpillow menubusiness hotelmodern hotelcorner roomsteam room
Reviewed 3 October 2009

I agree with everything that previous reviewers have said about this hotel. Stunning in every way. Restaurant on the top floor (the 30th) with amazing views over Tallin. Friendly staff. Great food and plenty of it. Fantastic bedrooms with huge beds. The old town, seaport and the airport all within easy reach. Great shops next door - Stockmans - where we also bought our tickets for our journey by sea over to Helsinki.
A little point to be aware of though: in our bedroom at least it was possible to see your partner in the bathroom through the beautiful green glass wall when the light is on in there. A bright light shines in a particular direction onto the occupant of the loo!! So if you're going there for a romantic stay that might need to be kept in mind :-)
For those who need a mirror when drying your hair, there isn't a mirror in the bedroom. I made do by using the reflective surface behind the TV.
But apart from those minor details this hotel is by far one of the best hotels that we have stayed in. Without any doubt we would love to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

For this trip, I was torn between the Telegraaf and Swissotel, and decided to go Swissotel because the Telegraaf was twice as expensive due to a great promotion on the Swissotel website.

The hotel far exceeded my expectations in virtually every way. The rooms are large, stylish, immaculate, and comfortable, with large and excellent baths. Noise supression was excellent, both in terms of interior and exterior noise.

As others have mentioned, the pool and spa areas are beautifully done and carefully maintained. The spa area was actually better than most I've experienced in Europe, even compared to more expensive brands like Regent and Kempinski, so fit it in your schedule if you can.

It is true that Tallinn is compact, so much so that I was wanting a little exercise and walked off the ferry and over to the hotel. It takes about 10 minutes to walk into Old Town if you are clicking along pretty well, so the short distance is no issue in pleasant weather. However, if I were there in the biting cold, I would very seriously consider the Telegraaf just to actually be right in the Old Town.

As others have mentioned, the staffers generally are very young, but they took excellent care of me, were helpful and informative, and I appreciated their energy and charisma.

For some reason, I anticipated I would see the Old Town from my upper floor room, but a tall building immediately adjacent blocked that view. The view to the harbor was unobstructed from my room and was very nice, but I somehow expected an Old Town view. Given the size of the building next door, I would think very few if any of the rooms would actually provide the Old Town view most people paying a bit extra would hope for.

Tallinn is an extremely beautiful city and worth a weekend trip or a stop on a longer itinerary.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I'm lucky enough stay in the Swissotel frequently for business and am always delighted by the standards set by the hotel. The rooms and decor - especially the bathrooms - are amongst the largest and most impressive I've stayed in. (I've been upgraded to suites in Asian properties that aren't as big as the standard rooms at the Swissotel.)

The breakfast selection is phenomenal and I'm always pleased to find that they'll cater for those with dietary restrictions; they always have soy milk if I ask for it, for example. The fitness center is well equipped too, and the spa and pool are quite stunning.

If I were to pick a couple of minor faults (and I do mean, minor), is that the room service food is a little bit hit and miss and there's a general sense that all the employees in the hotel are quite young and thus junior. The only time that this is ever a problem is if something goes a little bit awry and they don't have the experience to deal with it. Fortunately, it's rare that you'll have any cause for complaint.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. Very good rooms, nice an friendly staff. The have a very good breakafst with all sorts of food. A pool and sauna. The only problem we had, was that the A/C didn't work, but they changed our room right away. The bar in the lobby serves pretty good drinks. The 2 rooms we saw had both a fantastic view all over Tallinn.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2009

If you can afford to stay here then do. Its about a five minute cab ride from the port and a five minute walk to old town. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was one of the best that I have stayed in. The breakfast is also one of the best in Europe. Madonna's tour people stayed in the hotel at the same time we did. The views from the room are great. If you can stay here than do so...you wont regret it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends