Braavo Spa Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kalev Spa Hotel & Waterpark(Tallinn)
Hotel Bern(Tallinn)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthree single bedsgreat location in the old cityorange wallshuge gymboiled eggskitchen arealeisure facilitiessea portporridgepool saunagreat facilitiesmini breakyogurttea coffeeshower roomrestaurants and barscold meats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2012

found this hotel to be spotlessly clean, staff friendly and biggest recommendation is the location right on the doorstep of the Old Town, but not on a noisy street. Very good store nearby for food etc. Breakfast a bit basic but plentiful. Rooms bright & cheerful. Very good value and good place to explore a fascinating city.

Room Tip: ask for a room not near main health club
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank iainwlfc
mann700, Manager at Braavo Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Good Day from hotel Braavo
Thank You for the warm feedback and furthermore it is pleasant to hear that You were using all the additional services that we have on site.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find the many extras offered for free at this bargain hotel right near Old Town in Tallin, Estonia. Breakfast, which came with our room rate, was large and hearty. Saunas were included,too.. We were there in the fall so didn't need air conditioning. I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We choosed this hotel because of its location and reasonable price. After days we spent there I have something to say.
First of all - Tallinn is cool interesting city! Strongly recommended to visit. I was there for the second time and still impressed.
The second - hotel has several major pluses - perfect location in the heart of the city, comfortable ways to come to them. Also they have their own big parking. This is vital, taking into consideration Tallinn prices for parking and limited amount of places to park a car. They have friendly open minded staff, who speak english, russian and estonian languages.
It is new hotel (or newly renovated).
But they have minuses - I do not like such type of design inside the rooms - toxic colours (red, green, yellow, etc.), simple standard rooms without refrig, safe and with minimum bath accessoires (only liquide soap). But they have wi-fi. :)
Very very basic breakfast - almost nothing and diluted juice.
They have fitness on the first floor - so I would recommend you to choose rooms with #2xx on the second floor in the other building.
So if you come by car - this is variant you can use but it is simple and not so cheap as should be (having all that described here). If you use other transport - choose other hotels - more classical and attractive.
P.S. They started this summer reconstuction of fitness so there can be a lot of sound of construction.
P.P.S. Quite thin walls in the building that is not so good too. In double room we had a twin bed not double - that was also minus!

Room Tip: not the first floor (it is like to live on parking) and not in the building with fitness.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Good Day from hotel Braavo
Thank You so much for the time that You found to write the thorough feedback.
True rooms are very cheerful, some people like them more some less. But we do have rooms with pastel colours as well. I guess it is really a question of taste. I am sorry to hear the construction was bothering You, we are trying to open the new spa as soon as possible and it is just an inevitable that there might be some troubles. But overall since it is held out of site it shouldn´t affect so much our clients. When You do travel with the car then our hotel is perfect place since we have a huge parking place just in front of the hotel. And of course the super location in the heart of the old town.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a really good choice for a reasonably priced place to stay in the old town of Tallinn.
The rooms are large, clean and "bright", with lots of natural light. Yes they are yellow and orange, but they just feel warm and sunny :o) This really is not a down point. Everyone I was here with (12 of us) really liked the bright rooms.
The slightly more expensive rooms are less orange/yellow, and also have small kitchenettes.
You have free use of a well stocked gym, and there are also saunas available. There is also good, fast, free wifi in all the rooms.
The hotel is located right on the edge of the old town, just 5-10 mins walk from the main town hall square, and everything else. The ferry terminal is also only about 10 mins easy walk away.
The breakfasts are indeed a little basic, bread/toast, cheese, ham, cereal. But there are other good options nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
mann700, General Manager at Braavo Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Good Day
Thank you for finding time to write a very positive feedback about our hotel.
I am happy that enjoyed your stay and Tallinn!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here for 5 days this July our party consisted of myself, my partner and my 15year old son. We liked this hotel on Expedia as it was reasonably priced,in the old town, had self catering and could fit all three of us in.
I had read the reviews on trip advisor before I left and decided to make up my own mind upon arrival.

So plus points.....

It is very central, cheap,functional, some UK TV channels, fab free wifi, underfloor heating in the shower room and we really enjoyed the breakfast!...oh and my son loved sleeping on the sofa!

The room was brightly coloured (think lime and orange tictacs) There was a mezzanine floor reached by a very steep open staircase with three single beds....that reminded me of army bunks.
So my partner and i had the beds upstairs and my son converted the sofa into a MASSIVE bed for himself!!!
Functional ikea type wardrobe and chest of drawers with separate toilet and shower rooms.

Needs improvement:-
- There was no ventilation at all... no windows that could be opened, and we had to prop the door open with a towel to let some air in... Now I appreciate that this is a Scandanavian country but it still gets hot in the summer!... it was in the 30s (centigrade) every day!......I asked at reception for a fan and I was offered a heater that had a cold setting that didn't work.... in the end i moved the mattress from my bed down to the front door and slept with the door open!..madness!

- We would have loved to eat in.. but there was only a microwave and a two ring electric hob. no cooking utensils, 1 frying pan and 1 saucepan.....There were no plates either!...there was only cutlery, 4 glasses and some cups and saucers...

All in all.. it was functional!.....oh and if you like to work out on your holiday.. the gym and sauna is free.

I think with a little more thought it wouldn't take much for this Hotel to be rated 4/5 in my view...just get some fans!!!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window if travelling in the summer
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank randasgettingthere

Good Day
I appreciate Your feedback. It was very detailed. This year has been very exceptional and very cold all the time. But of course there has been some weeks when it was very warm. We have never had air-conditioning in our guest rooms and at the moment I don´t see that we will equip our rooms with that. There is though one standard room without a window where we will set on up. In the Apartments we have a small kitchenette equipped with basic kitchenware. I am happy that in general You loved your stay!