“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hotel Bern

Hotel Bern
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Bern for 3 nights in January and it was really lovely. The hotel is nice a quiet but still in a great location, close enough to walk everywhere. The main thing we noticed above all else though was that the staff were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. I would really recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morgan B
TallinnHotels, the staff at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Morgan,

Thank you for your warm post and also your recommendation!
We really appreciate your time and effort put into reviewing our hotel.

Hopefully this will be a good tip to other Tripadvisor users, too!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice little and quiet hotel, good location. very clean.
Polite and helpful staff.
Nice little meeting room. Excellent restaurant near hotel name
" Lusikas".

We stayed only one night.
Hotel is perfect for couples for long weekend holidays.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Merja,

Thank you for your recommendations!
Surely this post will be helpful for other travellers of Tallinn, also. :)

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel over the new period and highly recommend it for your stay in Tallinn. Spotless room, staff very pleasant and helpful and good breakfast. Within walking distance of Old Town Square and ideally suited for most attractions without the need of public transport.

My husband and I are hoping to return to Tallinn for three nights in August before self-drive tour of Latvia and Lithuania and I would defintely consider a return visit to the Hotel Bern.

I agree witgh a previouys posting that it would have been nice if the dining room had been open in the evening but the Beer Garden next door does excellent food so not a problem and loads of eating places within easy reach.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your kind words!
We are very happy to see that you were so pleased with your stay.

Hotel Bern's doors are open for your next visit any time you decide to come back to Tallinn.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I liked almost everything about this hotel, good location, clean, nice breakfast, etc. but unfortunately an otherwise very good experience was marred by a very clumsy internet connection. First of all, they use a system of temporary usernames and passwords, which require inputting at every new connection, if you have multiple devices you need a different one for each of them. That would still be ok if t wasn't for the fact that the connection wasn't working. I went down to reception and they said it was a problem with my device(s), I'm an experienced user so I had already tried different rebooting and troubleshooting strategies, with multiple devices (tablet, smart phone, Laptop). I felt very confident that it was not my device but they said they could not do anything because they weren't in charge of the IT management in the hotel. The day after I got confirmation from other hotel guests that indeed the internet wasn't working. The least I expect in such a situation is an apology and a discount. I travel for work and one of my most important criteria for selecting a hotel is a reliable internet connection, on which my work depends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback!
First of all, we apologize for your inconvenience! As an experienced user you understand that the login system has been installed to create a reliable and safe connection for our guests.

The fact that the connection was weak during your stay is unpleasant, of course. We hope that this did not create you anything more than discomfort and that you can accept our apologies.

Kind regards,
Hotel Bern staff

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice hotel, good location close to the Old Town. Very polite and helpful staff. Accommodation, rooms, service level correspond to the declared level. Breakfasts with ample assortment. I missed only espresso. During my stay (5 days) noticed only two things that someone might not like: room on the 3rd floor does not open a window and iron fence outside the window constantly pounding rain (when it is).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Boris,

Thank you for your comments!
It is great to see that you were pleased with your 5-day stay here at Bern Hotel!

Hopefully we will be able to show our gratitude the next time you visit Tallinn and our hotel. :)
Greetings!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My stay at the Hotel was a very enjoyable experience. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, even providing me with a bagged breakfast when I had to leave for the airport early in the morning. The location is ideal--it is so easy to get anywhere in the old city fairly quickly by foot. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the service is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your overview!
Hopefully this comment will be helpful for other travellers, also. :)

See you next time!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Fantastic location, 2 minutes walk from Tallinn old town.

The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are basic but we had no issues and the breakfast is fine. (I'm vegetarian and there was plenty of choice).

We had a room at the front on the 3rd floor and didn't experience the noise problems mentioned in previous reviews. I wonder if this was because we stayed midweek (perhaps it's worse at the weekend?)

There is a Rimi supermarket just across the road which is very handy. Our room had a fridge so you can get a few bits from the shop. I think the rooms would benefit from having a safe as I don't feel comfortable leaving passports/jewellery etc in the room. However, we had no problems.

Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your post and your recommendation, too!
We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Bern.

Looking forward to have you here again!