“Comfortable place to stay”
Review of Hotel Bern

Hotel Bern
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Do not open the windows on the first floor. Repairs in the rooms and restaurant corresponds *** (3). The rooms are small. The hotel is conveniently located relative to the center, train station and shops. Great hotel for little money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TallinnHotels, the staff at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for the post!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bern Hotel.

Hopefully you we can make this a tradition! :)
Greetings!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at Hotel Bern twice this winter, 2 nights both times. On my first stay I arrived from the airport at midnight. After a long flight I was little bit worried about arriving to the hotel so late and getting my baby (9 month old) settled in for the night … but the moment I walked into the hotel I felt how my stress disappeared. Not only did I get a full attention from the sincere and friendly receptionist but so did my little girl. I cannot even explain how I felt walking into our room and seeing baby cot there. I forgot to request the baby cot before my arrival but somehow they knew to put it ready for my girl. Special is the word I will use to express how I felt and special is how I felt during both of my stays. Somehow they know it over there- they know how to make you feel like you are the only guest in the hotel and they are there just for you.

Both of my visits were so enjoyable. I would not recommend this hotel to a traveller who is looking for a hotel with outstanding décor, style and big list of fancy services because hotel Bern is a cosy little hotel. From my experience I can confirm, that this hotel is the best for traveller who is looking for a hotel that is well located, quiet, comfortable and has the most genuine staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H

Dear Kim,

Thank you for this heartwarming letter!

We were most fortunate to have you here twice and let us assure you: nothing would be more pleasant than the third time ! ;)

Until then, all the best!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My room was number 308 and all I can say is that it wasn't a very good room. The most important thing for me in a room is cleanliness and this room definitely had some issues.There were some pubic hairs on the toilet seat, the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all and it was filthy. The faucets looked dirty, the sink was dirty and there was no soap on the dispenser. The bed had some long hairs in it. Our shower drain was clogged so the water filled the floor. The remote control didn't work. The service was great, though, and the location was excellent.

Based on how positively others have rated this hotel my experience may have been an isolated incident and maybe you'll have a perfectly clean room.

Room Tip: My room was number 308 so if the same cleaning lady happens to clean your room it might be dirty.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Manager at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your critique!

I am very sorry that pretty much everything could go wrong did go wrong for you during your stay.
If you read the past reviews of others you probably know that this is certainly not our usual standard.
We have learned from your post and cannot wait to make things right when you decide to give us a new chance.

You can contact me personally if you have more questions by writing to me via sven.liiv@tallinnhotels.ee

I hope everything else was wonderful for you during your trip to Tallinn!

Kind regards,
Sven Liiv

Reviewed 27 March 2014

It is really a very nice place to stay very close to the old center of Tallinn.
There is also a small supermarket close to the hotel which is very convenient.
I appreciated the friendly and helful staff.
I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sabine,

Thank you for your post and the recommendation!
We will be more than happy to see you here again!

Best wishes,
Hotel Bern's staff

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Some people write that this hotel is in the old town, but it is not. The hotel is near the old town, very close, in the next street from the gates of the old city. The rooms are small and cozy, I did not like the color of the walls, but it's not a big minus ... The breakfasts are great, the night was quiet, although the pub worked. Opposite the hotel there is a supermarket.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TallinnHotels, the staff at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Yulia,

Thank you for your opinion!
It probably depends what you consider to be Old Town, but we sure think it includes Bern Hotel, too. :)

We are very happy to see that you found our hotel pleasant, though!
Greetings to St. Petersburg!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights. Hotel is near (15 mins by foot) to the Line 2 Bus Stop which connects the centre to the airport and 20 mins by foot from Ferry Terminal. It is direct to the old city centre. In front of the hotel there is a supermarket open 8-23, very comfortable. Room was quite small but comfortable. Reception very helpful. Breakfast rich and various

Dear Riccardo,

Thank you for your post!
It is great to see that you were happy with your stay with us and it would be even better to have you back for another visit! :)

See you then!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Verý convenient location; close to e.g. the harbour, the old town and Viru center. Breakfast was also good. i would like the juices and yoghurt to be colder but otherwise the food was very good quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kaisa,

Thank you for your review!
It is great to hear that you found our nice location and service pleasant for you.

We would be more than happy to have you back when you visit Tallinn in the future.
Greetings! :)