“Colourful Hotel, OK location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel

Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Kajaani, Finland
“Colourful Hotel, OK location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel is located close to the harbor, and within walking distance from the old town. The carpets, walls and interior colors around the hotel were astonishing, surely the designer has been on acid or something... worth of see, at least once.
The staff was friendly, and they spoke OK english, no troubles at check-in or checkout. The room was clean, and quite good compared to the price, but the beds were no more in good shape, maybe good idea to change them in near future. The hot water supply was somehow limited during our stay, which surprised me.
The complimentary spa was a bit worn, but pool bar was nice, no drunks during our visit. Saunas were all in use, and some of them were nice for a Finn too.
The breakfast was average with scrambled eggs and sausages, no surprises there, I would have liked more vegetables, but maybe next time.
And the slippers, they are in the minibar.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nummela
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Can't decribe. Dirty spa and poor service in all levelsNever come back. Ok if you want feel old Russia in the present. Anyway have to say thaty some of front officers and older cleaning ladies were nice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jarkko T

Travellers are raving about these Tallinn hotels

Brussels
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I must say that I just tried the SPA and not the hotel.
The SPA is not worthy and dull. Old and badly maintened. The swimming pools very cold. Half of the attractions (hammans, showers....)were malfunctioning. Not a SPA to relax but an old aquapark. The decor was kitch, the locker rooms were very bad.
DO not go there if you want to relax but just if you want to entertain children.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank trolleypacker
Oliver L, Front Office Manager at Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel for your stay in Tallinn. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that we were little bit overcrowded on that day. Attractions and saunas are repaired for now. We do hope you visit us again.

With best regards,
Hanko, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel several times a year since several years, and used to book it for colleagues and associates, but recently it has lost alot , if not all, of its qualities.

I want to point out that I USED TO go there, because my latest visit -last week- was an all time low : It started already with the very rude and unfriendly girl at the front desk, who made me feel like a criminal because I dared to ask if it was possible to park my car in the underground garage... Other items include my room not being clean (I had the pleasure of finding a dirty sock and underwear next to the small sofa, and long hair in the sink and shower), constant machine noise in the room all night long, 2 of the 4 saunas out of order, and NO showers in the entire spa had warm water, only ice-cold.

Also the check-out was far from desirable: 1 person with limited language skills, and when I asked to check me out he told me to wait... did some paperwork for a few minutes and then asked me "what you want". A print-out of my invoice was only possible after a seemingly compulsory deep sigh.

I honestly think this was my last visit in this hotel. It is also definitely not a hotel I will keep recommending to colleagues or business partners. I would feel ashamed to have them get this poor level of service following my recommendation.

For this money you can stay at far better hotels in Tallinn, with much better service and more up-to-date facilities. It really makes me sad that poor management can turn a once excellent and preferred hotel into a no-go accomodation for obvious reasons.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Braminfunland
Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel is located very close to the ferries and it is easily reached by walking. The old town and the downtown are also very close.

The spa is free of charge for hotel guests and it is very nice, many saunas and pools. Weekends are more crowded and the spa area is full of drunken people because of the fact that the pool bar is open all the time and drinking is allowed in every part of the spa. I did not find it akward but some may do that.

Rooms are nice and clean BUT the beds are extremely low and uncomfortable and the blankets are super thin. There were no extra pillows and the pillows on the bed were also very thin. This is not a good thing for 4 star hotel!!

Room Tip: Sea view is nice, worth to ask!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoy our stay in this hotel in June 2013. It has a huge complex of pools and saunas. It has a swim up bar at the pool with an enjoyable menu of drinks. It has a well done breakfast buffet in the morning. We enjoyed the walk to the old city. We had plenty of room for three in our deluxe room. I would stay here again if I am in Tallinn again. We arrived on the Talink ferry from Stockholm and we're able to walk to the hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank starrpiano
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We chose it for the SPA facilities for a family weekend (as there are inside pools and 1 outside, sauna is average). We got a nice view on a ferry harbour, the room was clean, but everything was quite shallow there. Breakfast is average, so if you do not need pools, there are better stay options in Tallinn.

Room Tip: Room 505-top floor-view on a ferry harbour
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family