“Fabulous Meal”
Review of Vegan Restoran V

Vegan Restoran V
Ranked #4 of 1,184 Restaurants in Tallinn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vegan Restaurant V is the first vegan restaurant in Tallinn and Estonia! We opened our doors in April 2014. We’re a small and cozy vegan restaurant in the Old Town of Tallinn. Our restaurant is located on Rataskaevu street which is known for its several popular restaurants. We offer an international a la carte menu with dishes from all over the world both for lunch and dinner. And it is 100% vegan meaning everything is free from dairy, egg and meat. We also serve alcohol that you can enjoy with your food, but if you’d choose to go for non-alcoholic drink, we have a variety of virgin specials. Reservations are highly recommended. And not just a day earlier, the earlier the better. It's never too early to book a table.
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Lovely meal, great, fresh flavours and well presented; possibly the best vegan food I've had. The staff were friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was cosy and didn't feel intimidating as a solo traveller. It was a little pricey, but it's so nice as a vegetarian to be able to sit down in a restaurant and not have to worry about if there's something on the menu you can eat and if it'll come with any unexpected surprises! I would definitely go back - it gets very busy so worth booking a table - and suitable for vegans and non-vegans alike, in fact I went on the recommendation of a true meat eater!

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,699)

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I went to this beautiful, small and cosy restaurant in Tallinn's center twice. Both times the food was amazing and the service impeccable. I'm not a vegetarian, let alone vegan, and I will admit that I find vegan restaurants often "ok" but not much more, not comparable to the "other" restaurants I go to. In Tallinn the bar is definitely set higher as there are many truly great vegetarian places. I tried three but this one is still my favourite. The dishes are beautifully presented, original, and packed with flavour. There is no need for the cook to come up with dull "meatless burgers" or "vegetable lasagna's" as these people know their food well and are able to create unique, original dishes from their ingredients. Such a relief! The staff is amazingly kind and helpful, they speak perfect English, and the interior is that of an intimate, classy yet uncomplicated restaurant - lovely. I wish I had a place like this in my hometown, or even my country! It is a reason to come back to Tallinn for sure! Prices are very, very reasonable. Make a reservation though, as it is always busy and while they do have two tables reserved just for walk ins, they're usually taken. Just another credit to how great this restaurant is!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

preparation of food
quality of food
taste of food and how food look like is just AMAZING!!
personnel was kind and price reasonable

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is once again a perfect example for how great "meatless" food can be.
Came there accidentally...although lunchtime was almost over I got the last vacant table. When I passed by in the evening it was well visited too.

They do a fantastic job...the whole team.
The food is delicious, the service attentive and friendly and the atmosphere is comfy.

I had beetroot ravioli, which were fresh and tasty. And the soup was delicious too. Aswell my main course.

My next time here in Tallinn I'll visit this restaurant again. For sure.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Hoping for a good vegan meal, I found this restaurant randomly. It was a delight. Service was lovely, decor was warm and rustic, and the food was extraordinary. The presentation was photo-worthy but more importantly the flavours! The creativity! The beetroot, lentil and kale soup with cashew cream tickled my tongue. The seitan main was hearty and satisfying. The wonderful fresh brown bread a perfect complement. I would go back to Tallinn just to eat here again. Vegans and non-vegans alike should go. Wonderful!

Date of visit: November 2017