All reviewsold townferry terminalhotel is locatednice hotelbig roombudget hotelnon smokingshort stayfree wifistayed here for nightson footfew minutes walkconvenient locationenjoyed my stayporridgeone night staycity break
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Metropol Hotel from the 9th-13th September.

The Hotel is conveniently located, about 5 minutes away on foot from the old town and it is also close to the port for those arriving by boat. The airport and coach stations are also not too far away, meaning that taxis (honest ones at least) should not cost to much when travelling to or from the hotel.

My first impression of the hotel was that it is a clean and modern hotel and the lady on reception was very friendly, helpful and efficient and within a few minutes I was in my room.

My room was on the corner of the building so I had views towards both Old Town and the port, though with all the trees in the area, you can only really see the church spires from my room. The room itself was clean and spacious and met my expectations though it was lacking a safe and air conditioning which would have been nice, though I got a good price on the hotel so I was happy with what I got.

The bed was reasonably comfortable and my sleep was good for the most part. The pillows were not entirely to my liking but this is often the case for me as very few hotels have pillows that suit me so this not really a criticism of the hotel. The proximity of the port may be an issue for some people due to the noise from the ships but it didn't bother me.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel and I did not go down to the restaurant during my stay though I did order room service and this was both prompt and the food exceeded my expectations. I ordered the Grilled Salmon twice during my stay and while it was a little different each time, it was very nice.

The selection of English language channels on TV was a bit limited with I think a choice of two news channels and MTV but I did not stay in Estonia to watch the TV.

Each day the room was cleaned and I have no complaints about the job the cleaners did.

Checkout was quick and easy.

All in all, I was very happy with this hotel both in terms of price and quality and if I return to Tallinn, I will most likely look to stay at this hotel again. I gave the hotel four out of five but really I felt it was more a 4 and a half out of five though tripadvisor does not allow me to put that.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Zebramanii
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great location although the bar / karaoke is open until 3am Friday and Saturday and our room was directly above - so if you don't mind a clear base noise thumping then you'll be okay. The breakfast is good with a mixture of hot and cold choices and is available from 8am to 11am - great if you want to have brunch. Only a short walk to the old town (10 mins) and is in a quiet location apart from the bar at the weekends.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Caledonian72
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Party was transferred here from overbooked Shnelli hotel. Check-in desk staff efficient, early check-in was no problem. Check-out a breeze and they have a luggage room behind the front desk for later departures from Tallinn. Location is ok for Viru center and Old town. Rooms are rather dated and spartan in decor, but beds were reasonably comfortable. Noise was certainly not an issue on the 5th floor. Shower was not too enjoyable. Biggest complaint with the room is the toilet paper dispensing system: two sheets at a time. Just plain stupid. How this hotel hasn't heard of a toilet paper roll is beyond me. Breakfast was clearly below the hotel's price point, both in quality and selection. Breakfast room staff however were efficient.

Room Tip: Beware of the rooms with windows to the lobby instead of outside.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RamiV
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Average hotel between port and Old city.Spacious rooms with cheap inerior - plastic floors & office ceiling ,outdated bathrooms .20th century telly. Decent ,but overpriced (7.5 Euro) breakfast .Free parking for just some 15 cars. Free ,but slow WiFi.
"Four points " goes to A La Carte restaurant "Berlin " - its better than hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarcoPoloEurope
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Location is pretty good - about a five minute walk from the Old Town, without being in the bustle and noise of the weekend nightlife, but plenty of local bars do surround the hotel, so more sensitive sleepers might want to request rooms at the far end or bring ear plugs. Even so, outside noise is perfectly reasonable. Breakfast is functional, but not delicious and not that cheap - I'd avoid it and wander into town for giant pancakes for a couple of Euros. Rooms are clean and bright - no complaints there, good value for the price paid. However, there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room which was a bit of a let down. Also - no A/C, so the rooms can get a little stuffy. My only real complaint is the service - no smiles, no eye-contact and no greetings from any of the staff. On check-out the lady on duty barely spoke to us - just a huffy gesture when asked where we could leave our bags. I'm no fan of over-the-top service culture, but without the basics it does leave you feeling quite a bit unwelcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends