“10-15mins walk with luggage from ferry terminal D”
Review of Metropol Hotel

Metropol Hotel
Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

basic room, dated furniture
spacious toilet, but hated the shower curtain
no air con, but window can be opened
free wifi in hotel and room
breakfast is basic, but sufficient
no kettle or tea facilities in the room
5-10mins walk to old town
reception is a bit hostile

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bakupaku

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Too hot in the room even in autumn. Too noise to keep the windows opened and likely to invite bugs into the room. The bath room is big but the bathing area is too small. Few power plugs. Weak wifi signal in the room (2bars). TV is too old.

Otherwise, good flow of warm water for bathing, room is clean,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

An excellent choice for a short break in Tallinn with a short walk into the old town . Breakfast was a good choice of hot and cold dishes . Room was comfortable with plenty of hot water .We were there from Monday to Friday so noisy karaoke was never an issue . The a la carte menu was excellent at very reasonable prices and the service was spot on .

Room Tip: Stayed on the fifth floor so difficult to comment on where the best rooms are located but ours was n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pharmacist1949
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Metropol Hotel from the 9th-13th September.

The Hotel is conveniently located, about 5 minutes away on foot from the old town and it is also close to the port for those arriving by boat. The airport and coach stations are also not too far away, meaning that taxis (honest ones at least) should not cost to much when travelling to or from the hotel.

My first impression of the hotel was that it is a clean and modern hotel and the lady on reception was very friendly, helpful and efficient and within a few minutes I was in my room.

My room was on the corner of the building so I had views towards both Old Town and the port, though with all the trees in the area, you can only really see the church spires from my room. The room itself was clean and spacious and met my expectations though it was lacking a safe and air conditioning which would have been nice, though I got a good price on the hotel so I was happy with what I got.

The bed was reasonably comfortable and my sleep was good for the most part. The pillows were not entirely to my liking but this is often the case for me as very few hotels have pillows that suit me so this not really a criticism of the hotel. The proximity of the port may be an issue for some people due to the noise from the ships but it didn't bother me.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel and I did not go down to the restaurant during my stay though I did order room service and this was both prompt and the food exceeded my expectations. I ordered the Grilled Salmon twice during my stay and while it was a little different each time, it was very nice.

The selection of English language channels on TV was a bit limited with I think a choice of two news channels and MTV but I did not stay in Estonia to watch the TV.

Each day the room was cleaned and I have no complaints about the job the cleaners did.

Checkout was quick and easy.

All in all, I was very happy with this hotel both in terms of price and quality and if I return to Tallinn, I will most likely look to stay at this hotel again. I gave the hotel four out of five but really I felt it was more a 4 and a half out of five though tripadvisor does not allow me to put that.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Zebramanii
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great location although the bar / karaoke is open until 3am Friday and Saturday and our room was directly above - so if you don't mind a clear base noise thumping then you'll be okay. The breakfast is good with a mixture of hot and cold choices and is available from 8am to 11am - great if you want to have brunch. Only a short walk to the old town (10 mins) and is in a quiet location apart from the bar at the weekends.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Caledonian72
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Party was transferred here from overbooked Shnelli hotel. Check-in desk staff efficient, early check-in was no problem. Check-out a breeze and they have a luggage room behind the front desk for later departures from Tallinn. Location is ok for Viru center and Old town. Rooms are rather dated and spartan in decor, but beds were reasonably comfortable. Noise was certainly not an issue on the 5th floor. Shower was not too enjoyable. Biggest complaint with the room is the toilet paper dispensing system: two sheets at a time. Just plain stupid. How this hotel hasn't heard of a toilet paper roll is beyond me. Breakfast was clearly below the hotel's price point, both in quality and selection. Breakfast room staff however were efficient.

Room Tip: Beware of the rooms with windows to the lobby instead of outside.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RamiV
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Average hotel between port and Old city.Spacious rooms with cheap inerior - plastic floors & office ceiling ,outdated bathrooms .20th century telly. Decent ,but overpriced (7.5 Euro) breakfast .Free parking for just some 15 cars. Free ,but slow WiFi.
"Four points " goes to A La Carte restaurant "Berlin " - its better than hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple