All reviewsold townferry terminalhotel is locatednice hotelbig roombudget hotelnon smokingshort stayfree wifistayed here for nightson footfew minutes walkconvenient locationenjoyed my stayporridgeone night staycity break
Reviewed 3 November 2013

you can hear the next room guy snoring, but the hotel is close to the old town, the bus stop and the Harbour. There are a lot of shopping centers and bars/pubs/restaurants in the nearby. Rooms are big and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

basic room, dated furniture
spacious toilet, but hated the shower curtain
no air con, but window can be opened
free wifi in hotel and room
breakfast is basic, but sufficient
no kettle or tea facilities in the room
5-10mins walk to old town
reception is a bit hostile

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bakupaku
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Too hot in the room even in autumn. Too noise to keep the windows opened and likely to invite bugs into the room. The bath room is big but the bathing area is too small. Few power plugs. Weak wifi signal in the room (2bars). TV is too old.

Otherwise, good flow of warm water for bathing, room is clean,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

An excellent choice for a short break in Tallinn with a short walk into the old town . Breakfast was a good choice of hot and cold dishes . Room was comfortable with plenty of hot water .We were there from Monday to Friday so noisy karaoke was never an issue . The a la carte menu was excellent at very reasonable prices and the service was spot on .

Room Tip: Stayed on the fifth floor so difficult to comment on where the best rooms are located but ours was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pharmacist1949
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Metropol Hotel from the 9th-13th September.

The Hotel is conveniently located, about 5 minutes away on foot from the old town and it is also close to the port for those arriving by boat. The airport and coach stations are also not too far away, meaning that taxis (honest ones at least) should not cost to much when travelling to or from the hotel.

My first impression of the hotel was that it is a clean and modern hotel and the lady on reception was very friendly, helpful and efficient and within a few minutes I was in my room.

My room was on the corner of the building so I had views towards both Old Town and the port, though with all the trees in the area, you can only really see the church spires from my room. The room itself was clean and spacious and met my expectations though it was lacking a safe and air conditioning which would have been nice, though I got a good price on the hotel so I was happy with what I got.

The bed was reasonably comfortable and my sleep was good for the most part. The pillows were not entirely to my liking but this is often the case for me as very few hotels have pillows that suit me so this not really a criticism of the hotel. The proximity of the port may be an issue for some people due to the noise from the ships but it didn't bother me.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel and I did not go down to the restaurant during my stay though I did order room service and this was both prompt and the food exceeded my expectations. I ordered the Grilled Salmon twice during my stay and while it was a little different each time, it was very nice.

The selection of English language channels on TV was a bit limited with I think a choice of two news channels and MTV but I did not stay in Estonia to watch the TV.

Each day the room was cleaned and I have no complaints about the job the cleaners did.

Checkout was quick and easy.

All in all, I was very happy with this hotel both in terms of price and quality and if I return to Tallinn, I will most likely look to stay at this hotel again. I gave the hotel four out of five but really I felt it was more a 4 and a half out of five though tripadvisor does not allow me to put that.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo