Nordic Hotel Forum
Hotel Telegraaf(Tallinn)
US$240
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$143
Orbitz.com
US$432
US$384
  • Breakfast included
Hotel St. Barbara(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$103
HotelsClick
1,731 results
All reviewstop floorrelax centerold towngreat hotelsmall gymswimming poolglass wallexcellent locationlobby barspa areasteam roomshopping mallrooms are comfortablebreakfast buffetbusiness tripextra bedcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2011

A great hotel in a great position, literally 5 minutes walk from the town.
Rooms are kept very clean, we had a superior double room that was excellent and came with a large bathroom that had a separate toilet, shower and bath. Comfy large 4 poster style bed with LCD TV on a swivel stand. Plenty of storage for clothes. table and chairs etc.
Great facilities in the hotel included a superb swimming pool/spa area on top floor looking out to the town.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of food to choose, (smoked salmon was really nice).

Tallinn is a lovely town and easy to walk around, two days is enough to see all the main sites and had a really great time.

Restaurants
Old Hansa:- I hate being ripped off so Don`t bother with `Old Hansa` it is overhyped and overpriced, yes as the guide books say it is very authentic with people in medieval costumes and aimed for tourists, problem was at first the menu was a little difficult to understand and we did finally work it out we did not fancy any of it – especially at the prices they were charging..!!

Clazz:- We went to `Clazz` Restaurant opposite (recommended by our hotel reception) and this was fantastic, I had Duck leg in a Beetroot sauce and it was beautiful, best I have ever had, Estonian food at a reasonable price so definitely worth coming here.

Kohvik Moon:- In the new up and coming port district 5 mins north of the town (15-20 min walk from the hotel) is well worth a visit.
Not well known by tourists as its out of the town and is easily missed but it is fabulous, run by one of Estonias top chefs it is a little gem.
The Steak was lovely…and the desserts…!!!

I choose to come to Tallin as I had had one day here on a business trip a few years ago, liked what I saw so put it on the list of places to visit and glad I did, had a really nice break and would visit here again someday.

Please note that I have only given the restaurant of this hotel 3 stars in my review, this is only because we did not have evening meals here so cannot rate it.

Room Tip: Booked via expedia
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank PaulDay
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 day stay in the Nordic Hotel Forum. This was our first trip to Estonia and Tallinn and this hotel. We had room 808 on the top floor, facing out towards the main street and up towards the old town. Some people seem to have commented that these rooms were noisy but we had no problems. Yes you can hear the trams and cars but it is a city after all.

The room was large with 2 single beds ( this was a little annoying as we had requested a double bed). There was plenty space to walk in the room without fearing you were going to hit your legs and feet on the furniture. The beds were very comfortable and couldn't be faulted. The bathroom was large with a large bath and good shower over the bath (toilet and sink too!). The room was clean though I felt the the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. A bit of bleach would have done wonders.

The breakfast was nice with plenty choice.

Location wise the hotel was great. Just across the road from the entrance to the old town. The staff we really helpful and nice.

We didn't eat in the main restaurant, Monaco but we did have room service and drinks in the bar which were good. A pint of local beer and a glass of sparkling wine in the hotel bar was only 5 euros which seemed pretty reasonable to us.

We didn't make it to the swimming pool though did you to look at it and it looked lovely.

My only two minor complaints were that the towels in the room were quite poor quality (though after they were replaced they were better so maybe we just got old ones the first time) and the toilet roll was horrid! I know silly complaints but there is really very little to comment on the hotel was so good.

Free wifi throughout the hotel was a big plus.

We would definately return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank skjetaway
Reviewed 30 May 2011

...in fact, impossible. Everything is done right, so this will be a very boring review. Clean, decent-sized, comfortable room, excellent bathroom, cheerful helpful staff, excellent breakfast. Can't comment on the price because I was paid for, but it's worth a high-end price tag.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Zhopa
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Myself and my husband really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. It was great value for money as we got a deal. The breakfast was superb with a huge selection. There was a free internet access in the lobby. The receptionists helped us book our trip to Helsinki and they were very helpful. The room was a decent size very clean, the only thing I would say about the room is there is a stained glass window on the bathroom wall and the other person can see in whilst u were having a shower, and the rooms were very warm despite air conditioning. But other than that a fab hotel and superb staff. Oh and the view from the pool out over the city is one that has to be seen to be appreciated.

Room Tip: Shop around on different websites
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sowingdebbie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Very modern hotel within easy walking distance of the old town. Staff courteous and helpful. Buffet style breakfast was good, and the swimming pool and spa was clean and situated on the top floor, with a nice outlook. All in all we felt it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011